Page 32 of 67 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skiingnow View Post
    Tomorrow should be good...
    you guys sticking around or going back to the city?

had 3 top to bottom laps today, the peak was rocking with that wind! it just got better and better all afternoon. Great laps in Khyber this aft, deep pillows and some fun lame hucking, still have a huge grin on my face, one of my best days this year by far.

Probably inbounds tomorrow. WB forecast looks wrong again as there's a big low sitting over the coast. Really tempting to just camp out in the Duffey in a rv for the week

Lee, come to the Duffy tomorrow. it was full on tits deep blower today.

Pretty damn deep today. Got out sled-skiing with Tobin Seagel, Dylan Crossman and McKenna Peterson.

More photos & words on the blog at

http://nadiasamer.wordpress.com/2012/01/23/deep/

PeakChair (and anybody else with new stuff that is stolen/broken/lost) don't forget Visa and other cards have purchase protection. Your buddy may be able to make a visa claim. I have friends who have used this in the past and if you qualify and have the original receipts, it works well.
    Sorry for the thread jack - can't PM PeakChair.

for the record, the peak-to-peak cut (whistler side) needs a lot more snow before it'll ski well.
    but you probably already knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by canwilf View Post
    Slow as all hell getting back to Vancouver with the ice on the roads...
    Glad we split at 2pm. With the alpine lifts all closed on Blackcomb and us with jello legs due to only having a couple ski days it was good timing.

It was puking on the drive down but we were ahead of the traffic so had mostly clear road the whole way.

Yesterday delivered pretty damn well. There was a 2 minute line for peak chair most of the day. It seems the high winds and cold kept alot of people away.

Feeling your way into West Cirque was a bit questionable, but Christmas Trees provided all day. A couple of laps of the Cirque provided faceshots for all. I'll take crap visibility and no lines any day.

Quote Originally Posted by canwilf View Post
    Slow as all hell getting back to Vancouver with the ice on the roads...
    I left Nesters at 5pm, got as far as Lorimer Road where the traffic stopped, turned around and hung out at the cabin 'til 7pm. It was easy driving all the way down after that. I hate Sundays.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Dog View Post
    I hate Sundays.
    I keep talking about it but need to get into the routine of taking a week day off to ski and working either Saturday or Sunday instead. With my job it's doable, I just need to do it. Might start that this week.

West Bowl rocked Sunday once you got past Upper P2P which was nasty.

Today was the deepest, lightest, fluffiest most awesome FKNA day of the season so far! Super impressed with Blackcomb patrol for how quickly they got everything open this morning. Seemed like a ghost town after 11 when the masses probably had to get back to work. Seems like a totally different mtn than the weekend crowd. Nothing like Ruby top to bottom in waist deep pow. Afternoon delight with fresh tracks on Bushrat shoulder at 3pm! Ended up skiing all day, so stoked!

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    Today was the deepest, lightest, fluffiest most awesome FKNA day of the season so far! Super impressed with Blackcomb patrol for how quickly they got everything open this morning. Seemed like a ghost town after 11 when the masses probably had to get back to work. Seems like a totally different mtn than the weekend crowd. Nothing like Ruby top to bottom in waist deep pow. Afternoon delight with fresh tracks on Bushrat shoulder at 3pm! Ended up skiing all day, so stoked!
    +1 on all that. Saphire was Dope. Busy morning evaporated at 11. Yeah to skiing powpow all day!

Don't think I've ever skied pow open to close at Whistler until today. Super low too, all the mid and lower mountain tree lines are starting to fill in nicely.

Hell yea, today was tops of the season- first into west cirque high entrance was a bit of a blind cornice drop, but when you land into waist deep powder it really doesn't matter! Frog Hollow/ Xmas trees had ridiculous fields of pow, and a few buddies of mine hucked tower 27 off the smaller part (lookers right) and it was waist deep landings, gotta love it. I was going to ask about whistler p2p line but I guess its still no good, I really want to get in there, maybe after tomorrow? How's singing pass lookin

Singing pass is bony at the bottom. South Side Deli is also not too good at the bottom - ditto Cakehole - ditto Sproat - ditto anything lower than say 1000m. I'm kind of blown away at all the australian lines off the first rock face as you go up Fitz chair; hope the knee surgeries went well

Today was sick, got up there at 10 and ended the day still skiing pow! FKNA!!!!!

Full on nuclear winter continues at Whistler!

No alpine today other than Crystal chair, so tomorrow will be off the hook. Could be a good time to start telling your co-workers about how you must be coming down with that flu that's been going around

Full on nuclear winter continues at Whistler!

No alpine today other than Crystal chair, so tomorrow will be off the hook. Could be a good time to start telling your co-workers about how you must be coming down with that flu that's been going around
    not that I wish being sick on anyone, but my ISO auditor just called sick as a dog and cancelled tomorrow's audit! Woooooot Woooooot Wooooooot yeah baby!!!
    ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

With more snow and wind predicted for tomorrow, anyone in the know have any insight into whether the alpine will open tomorrow? So I can figure this out myself next time, what sort of winds speeds close the apline (generally, I appreciate its more art than science).

Quote Originally Posted by knowsam View Post
    With more snow and wind predicted for tomorrow, anyone in the know have any insight into whether the alpine will open tomorrow? So I can figure this out myself next time, what sort of winds speeds close the apline (generally, I appreciate its more art than science).
    Once the wind hits 60km/h they have to by supreme law of BC shut down the Alpine. Demz da rules. Fuck me this is a dumb question. Oi' you aussie?

Ouch - sir, accussing someone of being an aussie is below the belt.

Quote Originally Posted by knowsam View Post
    I'm gonna be a nice guy and say get up there tomorrow. Can't say anything for sure but my spidey sense is telling me shit's going to be open.

My intuition told me I had to pass and chain up to the computer today, so come tomorrow and Thursday, I wouldn't have to.

I am pretty confident I am playing this hand right. Ullr its your deal.