Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 1668
    Quote Originally Posted by Clownshoe View Post
    The tree skiing below the Rescue Road down to the golf course is pretty nice at the top, but kinda flat near the bottom.

Just sayin....
    The frenchies love that zone... they skin up in the am and sneak out on the way home! Some of those guys wear their banning like a badge of honor, so threatening to ban someone, who most likely has already been banned, isn't a very effective deterent!
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Any mags skiing Blackcomb today? Got a day of skiing solo up there today and don't really know my way around.

Orange Flylow jacket, green pants, orange boots and Bluehouse Maestros. Give me a shout!
    Flying the Bluehouse colors in Western Canada! Let me know if you want some rad skis!!

"He is god of snow; the one called Ullr. Son of Sif, step son of Thor. He is so fierce a bowman and ski-runner that none may contend! He is quite beautiful to look upon and has all the characteristics of a warrior. It is wise to invoke the name of Ullr in duels!"

-The Gylfaginning

^ I'll be up tomorrow as per usual.

This is a complete shot in the dark, but is there anyone in or around pemberton that's heading north on 99 today? A friend and I are stuck in town, unable to get a ride 20 km north to the trailhead.

Sent from my rotary telephone using TGR Forums
    No kick turns
    No mercy

Though I didn't get a chance to meet any mags on Blackcomb last Friday I had an awesome solo shred day, got some decent pow turns, some awesome slush turns and even some sun.

I'd really like to give a shout out to the few patrollers I had the chance to ride up the lift with as well. On three separate occasions I rode up with pro-patrollers that were more then willing to give me great beta and were super friendly. I'm sure it didn't hurt that we all knew a ton of the same people as the community is rather small, but it was nice nonetheless! Awesome display of hospitality!

After pow laps I got to do two laps on Half Nelson in Squamish. Why the fuck don't I live there?
    Flying the Bluehouse colors in Western Canada! Let me know if you want some rad skis!!

"He is god of snow; the one called Ullr. Son of Sif, step son of Thor. He is so fierce a bowman and ski-runner that none may contend! He is quite beautiful to look upon and has all the characteristics of a warrior. It is wise to invoke the name of Ullr in duels!"

-The Gylfaginning

Who's still touring the slackcountry.
    Gimme a shout, seems like everyone is in the saddle.
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Still skiing. I'll be around this weekend, no idea what I'm going to do though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripen View Post
    After pow laps I got to do two laps on Half Nelson in Squamish. Why the fuck don't I live there?
    Love ski bike days. Skied Blackcomb till early afternoon and then hit up the Lost Lake trails. Conditions Saturday were better than I expected. I'm not ready to give up on ski season yet.

still skiing. hopefully tomorrow and saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Farcisimus View Post
    Who's still touring the slackcountry.
    Gimme a shout, seems like everyone is in the saddle.

love this time of year. nobody on the hill. sunday?
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    can you ladies top jibber jabbing about what bros and bra's might be skiing and actually post some useful information like how the hill has been skiing. for fuck sakes most of you bro's and bra's live up there. let a cidiot know how the conditions are

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    I'm game.

Quote Originally Posted by postman22 View Post
    can you ladies top jibber jabbing about what bros and bra's might be skiing and actually post some useful information like how the hill has been skiing. for fuck sakes most of you bro's and bra's live up there. let a cidiot know how the conditions are
    Its snowing, raining, and cloudy.
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

How low can you ski out these days?

Quote Originally Posted by postman22 View Post
    fuck off back to your cubicle

Shit I should've come up first thing. 15-20cms in the alpine, still nobody around. Wish I wasn't in the city tomorrow

Yup. missed it. Damn. Tomorrow we'll give it the old college try. Anybody up for a shred?

I'm heading up tomorrow for the day. ^

anyone get any beta on the sea to sky sled access conditions?

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    anyone get any beta on the sea to sky sled access conditions?
    FKNA awesome above 1500 meters. Creamy knee deep pow. A bit of surface slab/sluffing into death cookie debris fields on steep north facing stuff, but the more mellow terrain is off the charts for this time of year. Was getting face shots all morning!

Going to get sendy tomorrow, probably up bwine. Hopefully we get some sun!

Awesome face shots up high today! Couloir Extreme area is probably among the best I've ever skied it.

Super warm today.
    Climbed Spankys wall. Got burned. Then skied ruby in shorts.

Also - Retrieved a 183 white mantra in ruby bowl. Black 912's.
    Last edited by Schemeboat; 05-13-2012 at 11:03 PM. Reason: knew I logged on for some reason.

Anyone have the story on this decker incident?

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c3#...er-rescued.ctv