Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1668
    Thinking about doing the fresh tracks breaky... a friend has an extra ticket! worth it for tomorrow?

Tomorrow should be epic

Sitting in Creekside watching it come down! Would normally be psyched to get out and hit laps on the peak all day, but am dutifully driving my wife tomorrow morning to Squamish for ACL reconstruction surgery. Hope everyone finds their perfect line tomorrow!!

Quote Originally Posted by 50degrees View Post
    Sitting in Creekside watching it come down! Would normally be psyched to get out and hit laps on the peak all day, but am dutifully driving my wife tomorrow morning to Squamish for ACL reconstruction surgery. Hope everyone finds their perfect line tomorrow!!
    Monday morning special with McConkey by chance? I'm riding today because of that arthroscopic saint. Best of luck to your wife.

today was awesome and it's still nuking!!!! woo hoo! gonna be FKNA tomorrow when the sun comes out!
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

definitely above average

Quote Originally Posted by chadeau View Post
    Monday morning special with McConkey by chance? I'm riding today because of that arthroscopic saint. Best of luck to your wife.
    Was indeed with McConkey. Went well. On the meds and hopefully on the mend!!
    Everyone I spoke to today gave the skiing a 9/10! But that's only because last weekend was 10/10!

really really good today! a few great goat's to start things out right, then nailed peak opening, 2 frontside laps, a west cirque/xmas, then a pretty sweet khyber...top half was money, second half hit and miss...then I got called in to work for a conference call! can't believe how hard it was snowing in the valley this aft! stoked for the morning

I was disillusioned today when I stood atop the P2P gondi line, at 1pm, and nothing but powder, not a single shred was given. I took it upon myself to unleash the rivers of sluff, flowing to the left, to the right, underneath me. The untracked goodness of those pillows all the while heeding caution to my tib/fibs, it was as if the GSA had led me there. I know he did.

Spankeys was money

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-R View Post
    I was disillusioned today when I stood atop the P2P gondi line, at 1pm, and nothing but powder, not a single shred was given. I took it upon myself to unleash the rivers of sluff, flowing to the left, to the right, underneath me. The untracked goodness of those pillows all the while heeding caution to my tib/fibs, it was as if the GSA had led me there. I know he did.
    I didn't think the p2p line would be good today due to the rain in the vil, but you're right- I skied out through there at 3 and it was still money! most of the way down at least. Mad show on peak today again, gotta love the dude hitting the coffin in front of me double ejecting basically in the chute...i had some good conversation with the people on the lifts tho haha. definitely surprised by the snow this afternoon, will be hitting blackcomb for the first time in a while tmrw, should be fun!

CBC and then 7th laps was dope in the morning.

Flute shoulder super deep by the end of the day.

Stoked for the week, the sidecountry awaits

first tracks down saudan for first time ever, knee-deep blower right to the bottom, top 10 resort runs ever

Epic day. Did fresh tracks for the first time, lined up about 6:10am and there were already 30-40 people there, the line looked full by 6:30ish. Awesome snow quality (Lee Lau might refer to it as adequate?) everywhere we went, didn't even encounter any wind effect. VD, Ratfink, Chunkys, all good and then just stayed on Harmony from 10-2, faceshots galore.

Was also blessed with two GSA sightings, but came out with zero pictures .

Wanted to throw out a plug for Profile ski tuning shop, fixed up a fresh core shot and waxed my sticks quickly for a great price, friendly owner too. Looking forward to tomorrow.

gramboh, I am fussy like an old lady looking for a run in her stocking. As soon as snow isn't constantly over my head and I have to cross a track I'm going in for extra foamy mochacino and anywhere with a Wifi so I can hit refresh on the oddly compelling GSA thread. Weds I am going to walk around the Spearhead to find some adequate snow on steeper bumps so could you please break a trail in for me to Decker so I dont have to work quite as hard?

Lee hopefully you made it out to corona bowl today, I think the snow in their would've been adequate even by your standards. I think your skin trail will be in for tomorrow, there was a record crowd in the blackcomb slackcountry today.

ah shit...avy in the callaghan....

Breaking: There has been an avalanche in the Callaghan valley near Whistler. Word is one dead though not confirmed yet. More at 5 @ctvbc

Quote Originally Posted by ELski50 View Post
    Lee hopefully you made it out to corona bowl today, I think the snow in their would've been adequate even by your standards. I think your skin trail will be in for tomorrow, there was a record crowd in the blackcomb slackcountry today.
    nope - decided to wait out first bluebird day after storm conditions as i don't have trust in my pow fever

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    ah shit...avy in the callaghan....
    Shit. I had a quick look at CTV and some other news sites and didn't see anything up about it yet. Hopefully the fatality report is incorrect.

global says a sledder has died in the callaghan.

Quote Originally Posted by hooli View Post
    Link:
    http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...mtarocJgOFbN7A

Quote Originally Posted by hooli View Post
    Whistler Question story: http://www.whistlerquestion.com/arti...e-slide-source

Province confirming death : http://www.theprovince.com/news/pers...148/story.html
    Last edited by Van_skier; 03-06-2012 at 10:27 PM.

Alex Blais lost a ski on Don't Swill earlier today. Keep an eye out for an Epic Plank with the orange FKS 18 binding. If anyone happens to find it, either take it down to Surefoot in the village or just stick it up in the snow and let me know so I can tell Blazer.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Don't Swill is eating skis this year.

Someone lost a demo/rental ski from Escape Route up there recently. Didn't some chick loose both her skis in there and walk out a month back?

I almost got swept off my feet in double rubble (??), I think, this morning first lap, would've got taken through some rocks but managed to hold it together. Was definitely a bit slabby in places.