Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 62 63 64 65 66 67
Results 1,651 to 1,668 of 1668
    Quote Originally Posted by wicked_sick View Post
    I'm on the fence regarding the purchase of one of the discount student seasons passes ($489).

Please help me justify the purchase.

Thank you.
    When the snow starts to fall, would you rather be putting down $90 a day for tickets every time it nukes?

Yeah, $489 is the cheapest seasons pass (save for the $299 sun peaks student pass back in 04) that I'll probably ever get the chance to buy ever again. Unless I buy a seymour pass, but I hear that place is like mini golf.

Can any other full time (or ex full time) students weigh in? I just moved down here last month, I'm unemployed, have no income and have class 30 hrs a week. Cheap transit, ride sharing and opportunity for cheap lodging are gonna be really important. May also need someone to keep my gf company when I'm skiing all weekend...
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Yeah, $489 is the cheapest seasons pass (save for the $299 sun peaks student pass back in 04) that I'll probably ever get the chance to buy ever again. Unless I buy a seymour pass, but I hear that place is like mini golf.

Can any other full time (or ex full time) students weigh in? I'm unemployed, have no income and have class 30 hrs a week. Cheap transit, ride sharing and opportunity for cheap lodging are gonna be really important. May also need someone to keep my gf company when I'm skiing all weekend...
    If you get up for a few weekends, you'll be ahead of where you will be with buying a 5 day edge card. If you're hesitant about how much time you have, usually the lowest rate is available until early November, see how your fall work load is, and make the call based on that. The snowbus has relatively cheap transit for students (about $40 return last I remember) and rideshares aren't that hard to find. UBC Hostel is about $25 per night and is the cheapest option I'm aware of if you're staying by yourself... splitting last minute hotel deals can get you down to comparable rates at decent hotels.

I skied 80-90 days a year while being a full time student. I'd overload my 1st semester by a class so the 2nd semester was underloaded by a class so I always had 4 day weekends. 1st semester was always a lot of work, but oh so worth it when the pow flew. Did the sleep in the car, couch/floor crash for a few seasons and then started bucking up and paying people for closet/half finished room space. Studying was a priority but so was skiing. Find the balance and get the damn pass. You'd be stupid not to.

pffffft get a Baker pass. It's way too crowded at WhistlerBlackcomb and the skiing sucks.

You guys need to start a new Whistler thread. This one is, like, sooooo last season.

In school you can party study ski, pick 2

Can any other full time (or ex full time) students weigh in? I just moved down here last month, I'm unemployed, have no income and have class 30 hrs a week. Cheap transit, ride sharing and opportunity for cheap lodging are gonna be really important. May also need someone to keep my gf company when I'm skiing all weekend...

My plan is to average 3 days a week. I'm currently trying to find as many people as possible to car pool with from North Van. I say go for it, you won't regret it.

Also, anyone who has closet/couch space for rent let me know.

Thanks for the input everyone. I'll probably be seeing some of you all up there this season.

Thanks for a wicked 10 years, Whistler...once less powder fiend for you assholes this year, I'm Kootenay bound....for a year at least ....I'll probably be back

Looking forward to the Kootenay stoke threads growing exponentially! Plus stoked to have an excuse to go ski elsewhere. But nonetheless, see you in the Creekside line by Christmas ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    Thanks for a wicked 10 years, Whistler...once less powder fiend for you assholes this year, I'm Kootenay bound....for a year at least ....I'll probably be back

Quote Originally Posted by frodo View Post
    But nonetheless, see you in the Creekside line by Christmas ;-)
    what, you're going to start skiing Whistler now that I'm leaving? you better come visit this winter and help me slay kootenay pow!

Quote Originally Posted by kevin267 View Post
    In school you can party study ski, pick 2
    If you aren't doing all three, you're clearly doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeze View Post
    If you aren't doing all three, you're clearly doing something wrong.
    If you're doing all three, you're probably in an arts degree.....

If you're in an arts degree you should ski now, because you'll never be able to afford to again.

Well 6 weeks out and I'll be leaving the snowy caps of Mt Ruapehu behind and heading to Whistler for the season.. looking forward to living some of the stoke of this thread!

To Mags wondering what Flute/Elphin Lakes is looking like, just posted some pov from last weekend, check it.

POV is soooo 2011/2012.