Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Anyone ever dealt with snowinn?

http://www.snowinn.com/ski-store/tec...-11-12/16786/p

Technica cochise for $427? sounds too good to be true , not sure if this is a tech talk subject

I have no idea if it's legit, but let me know if it works!

website no worky for me. only shows up with what google has cached.....i'd pause before sending them any moolah

looks like they're in spain, and you won't get any sort of US warranty support. Some other notes on scubastore.com (another one of their sites)

- products are not always on stock eventhough it says so and expexted date can't be trusted.
    - they don't ship items on stock when you order and the rest not on stock when they are received (as writen in their terms), they await that all items are on stock.
    - when you return items for a full refund or exchange, they pay all expenses - but not by given you a refund in cash, you get a Giftcard for scubastore.com.
    - if you wish to return items for exchange, it takes almost 3 weeks before you have the right item.
    - contact to scubastore via phone is impossible (I didn't get through) and by mail, their response time is in average 24 hours.

thanks for the insight guys. Think I am going to steer away, saw the spain thing also, seems dicey

Hell of a deal though. Very intriguing.

if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I came across some other similar shady ventures researching bikes.

I ordered a pair last Friday prior to seeing this post, boots have been shipped and are due in the next few days according to the DPP tracking information.

I'll let you know how it goes..................

^^^ let us know thanks, are you in Europe?

Looks like Snowinn are genuine!

Boots arrived today, everything fine. Great price - £308 including shipping to the UK

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cochise.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	112.6 KB 
ID:	101420

Pulled the trigger. Even better with the code SAVINGS5 for an extra 5% off. Will update when they get in.

Cochise came into today. Placed order on the evening of the 14th (Friday) and they came in today the 21st by DHL. Spent one day in customs. One week isn't too bad from Spain.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cochise1.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	269.7 KB 
ID:	101978 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cochise2.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	274.2 KB 
ID:	101977
    Last edited by Angel; 10-21-2011 at 03:21 PM.

How much did tax did US customs charge you?

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Sometimes you don't know about this until DHL sends you a bill.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

I ordered the cochise today. I hope I don't get bent over. Seemed legit, I payed through paypal...
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    I was told no tax since its considered cross country gear and something to do with the plastic, but that was coming from a snowinn rep

I placed my order about a week and a half ago, and the date when my boots were to be in stock has been pushed back twice now -the latest pushing me all the way back to December 1st! Not sure what to do about this. Everybody else seems to be doing ok.

No tax, no customs fees as far as I know. I got mine last Friday. Skied them twice. Got lucky they had mine in stock.

all orders moved to 12/1/2011 and it could be moved again they are not sure. I cancelled and they refunded paypal right away. Buying from bc.com biting the bullet, 5 weeks is worth paying $200 extra for me since I am bootless.
    Last edited by thin cover; 10-27-2011 at 11:24 AM.

I've used them for "Dive" gear. They have been great for me. Even shipped stuff they said couldn't be shipped to the US to me. Two thumbs up from me.

Those Cochise AT boots are up to $550 from $450 the other day and 1/12/12 ship date.
    watch out for snakes

I know this thread is old, but thought I would pass on my positive experience... ordered Head Vector 120 ski boots from snowinn.com / tradeinn.com three days ago. I am in California rand my new boots arrived today, packaged perfectly and exactly as ordered. They showed as in stock when I ordered them. Pricing on some items is really, really good there.

Just received two pairs of Atomic Trackers. Overnight delivery and less than half price compared to home (norway). Downside; the overnight was from when they actually got them in stock. Ordered and paid eight weeks ago... No snow here until now though so worth the wait for me. Do heed the warnings mentioned here earlier about ordering items awaiting stock if you need fast turnaround. They changed the expected delivery date three times for me.

Mine said in stock when i ordered them, then changed to october 15 in the order confirmaton. And finally they changed it to november 29th once they didn't arrive on the 15th. Amazing turnaround once they finally got them. Barcelona to my door in norway inn less than 20 hours. And in their defence i guess Trackers/guardians are in high demand all over right now and hard to get a hold of.

Is it just me...I ordered Dynafit Vert ST w/82mm brakes and they emailed back asking for a copy of my passport...! No way. In todays world a passport opens too many doors.

Anybody have a line on that binding with the 82mm brakes or just the 82mm brakes?

Thanks