Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by LetmebeFrank View Post
    Ordered new boots a couple weeks ago from snowinn. Expected delivery date was 12/16/16. on 12/14 a tracking status update read "item has arrived in country of destination, awaiting customs clearance".

5 days later, it still reads the same status. No new updates.

Snowinn doesn't know what to say and customs simply doesn't have anything to say. Fucking awesome.

I haven't skied the last few storms and it looks like I won't be skiing this next one. Would really like to know how this is going to unfold. I have no idea why the boots are in customs. Getting really frustrated at this point. I work at the damn ski area full time too. It's tough to be there right now.
    I got speed rads from them, it said that for about 7 weeks. They got here, though.

you are dealing with holiday shipping volume (including customs). Should have ordered sooner. They are simply backed up.

Quote Originally Posted by tenB View Post
    Back up boots? Most ski resort employees get free rentals, so whining about missing ski days earns you 1 bitch slap
    Like you know what the fuck is going on? First off, i'll fold those damn rentals. 2nd, I have to punch 6 different spots to get any boot on my foot. I couldn't take 1 god damn run on any pair of boots without those punches. that means no rentals, no borrowing friends old boots etc. Back up boots? i'm buying new boots because I cracked the plastic on both of my old boots. back ups have a lifespan too. What can I say besides.. eat a dick?

You'll get m no one here will help . Alpine boots, burly touring boots, and light touring boots. Always gots boots. Imelda Marcos rule. Get wit teh program

You must have ugly fucking feet.

Ordered Pomoca skins from Snowinn just after Thanksgiving. Ordered from France, paid with PayPal, shipped from Switzerland, marked as "Dive Gear" through customs, and delivered to my house via USPS the 30th of December. Not too fast, but half of retail. Den

Ordered dynafit radical 2s on black friday, had them 10 days later. They spent about 3 days 'awaiting customs clearance', then just showed up at my door.

BUMP

Kingpins for sale ~$400. Anyone purchased them from this site recently?

I did in the last year. Can't remember what I bought. No problems.

They're a legit site, sometimes the shipping costs suck. I ordered Dynafit Gortex Pro pants+bibs this spring on super discount. Got here within a week too.

I avoid buying anything from them that won't fit in a kids shoe box or smaller. AKA clothes, tech bindings, etc. Everything else SUCKS for shipping costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Climber Joe View Post
    I avoid buying anything from them that won't fit in a kids shoe box or smaller. AKA clothes, tech bindings, etc. Everything else SUCKS for shipping costs.
    This.

Looked into ordering some boots that were ~$80 cheaper than elsewhere. Basically a wash with shipping that would take longer and be more prone to delays.

For those interested: just picked up a pair of 15/16 Dalbello Kr Pros for about $200+ pp. They are running a black Friday event this week, so hurry up.

This is my 4th or 5th order from Snowinn, the only problem I had was them canceling an order for a shell jacket (out of stock) with immediate refund.

I've ordered from SnowInn multiple times, and they've always been fantastic. As others have mentioned, shipping costs can sometimes be exorbitant, but I've found that for big-ticket items when the EURO to USD exchange rate is favorable, it still works out to be a killer deal. It's never taken longer than 10 days for an item to arrive in SLC, Utah, so shipping times aren't terrible, either.

Ordered a pair of Nordica boots from them in the past - no issues - showed up at my door as advertised

Bought some vulcans last summer. The shipping took a while but arrived fine and dandy.

The only issue I had was they labelled the boots with a descriptor that tagged them eligible for an import duty in Canada...whereas plastic ski boots are not subject to the duty. Had to fill out an appeal form, send it in to the government via snail mail and wait two months for a refund cheque to be sent back in the mail.

No biggie, but something worth noting if you're ordering boots from cananda...ensure that snowwin labels the boots correctly...note: don't have the paperwork handy and can't remember exactly what they had on the shipping label.
    Master of mediocrity.

Am I just stupid or is the Kingpin 13 not currently listed on Snowinn? I see the 10's for ~$484CAD which is pretty cheap but I want the 13's ($700ish CAD normally up here).

They did have 13's earlier in the year but had sold out when I was ready to purchase. I grabbed a couple of pair of 10's for cheap. no probs.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Am I just stupid or is the Kingpin 13 not currently listed on Snowinn? I see the 10's for ~$484CAD which is pretty cheap but I want the 13's ($700ish CAD normally up here).
    Mine took a month and a half to get here, and got stuck in San Fran customs for an unknown reason that required an email to customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Bought some vulcans last summer. The shipping took a while but arrived fine and dandy.

The only issue I had was they labelled the boots with a descriptor that tagged them eligible for an import duty in Canada...whereas plastic ski boots are not subject to the duty. Had to fill out an appeal form, send it in to the government via snail mail and wait two months for a refund cheque to be sent back in the mail.

No biggie, but something worth noting if you're ordering boots from cananda...ensure that snowwin labels the boots correctly...note: don't have the paperwork handy and can't remember exactly what they had on the shipping label.
    I've seen telemark pyrennes do the same thing to a buddy but not me on my T-1's, I think the cheap seasonal help labeled buddies scarpa T2's "xc shoes "instead of plastic ski boots,

there are no plastic ski boot makers in Canada but we do or did at that time have companies making xc shoes so buddy got charged and got the refund eventualy, in any case I think its about the language barrier
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know