Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
    I might be interested in checking it out on Sunday. Working today and out on Hagerman pass tomorrow.

that pic of the Tuning Forks is crazy....wow. We may end up just skiing the front of Uneva if the back looks bad and it very well could.....a walk in the woods if nothing else.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by spthomson View Post
    Nice looking turns.

Unless I'm mistaking that line, that's not E/SE. That's the Grizzly off Loveland Pass and one of the shots dropping into Grizzly Gulch? Nothing coming into Grizzly Gulch off that peak is any quarter of S.

Do correct me if I'm wrong - I was curious about coverage in that area.

negatory. grizzly peak, elevation 13,988'. colorado's highest 13er!

and yeah, totally wrong thread. it's either pitkin or lake county. i think pitkin...

this grizzly: http://14erskiers.com/blog/2010/06/j...13988-6-13-10/ the "extremely intriguing" line.
    Live To Ski!

^^^ how does Indy look?
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    ^^^ how does Indy look?
    SOOOO much more covered than anything i've seen around summit or vail. just snowed up there maybe 4 inches in spots on mon/tues.
    Live To Ski!

Quote Originally Posted by AfroMullet View Post
    SOOOO much more covered than anything i've seen around summit or vail. just snowed up there maybe 4 inches in spots on mon/tues.
    Yeah, I'm counting the days till they open the pass. I had an amazing October day in the early season. It's been loading up like Wolf Creek the whole year, I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Yeah, I'm counting the days till they open the pass. I had an amazing October day in the early season. It's been loading up like Wolf Creek the whole year, I've heard.
    closer to the divide, it's around a 65" snowpack.
    it's 80% as good before the pass opens! and lots less crowded.
    Live To Ski!

Quote Originally Posted by AfroMullet View Post
    closer to the divide, it's around a 65" snowpack.
    it's 80% as good before the pass opens! and lots less crowded.
    Right on... the problem is getting up there. I don't always have access to sleds. I think the magic this year might be that it does decent in upslopes due to the Arkansas valley? Eh, speculation, and who really cares - that place is special to me either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Right on... the problem is getting up there. I don't always have access to sleds. I think the magic this year might be that it does decent in upslopes due to the Arkansas valley? Eh, speculation, and who really cares - that place is special to me either way.
    i think it tends to catch the more southern SW flow stuff a little better. seems like weather comes from the sw and just stalls there sometimes, even while it's blue sky in leadville.

no sleds needed! some of the best skiing is either wilderness or right by the road.
    Live To Ski!

cough....Star...cough
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

SP and others there is talk of going for Hager or Citadel. Seems like a long walk for a short ski but always up for anything. Has anybody been back in the Montezuma area, was thinking about pulling the sled out?

Loveland Skied pretty well first run on a south facing strip, second from the highest point in the west bowl..

^^^
    Thanks. I'm headed to the San Juans for a couple days.
    I french kissed Kelly Kapowski.

a buddy skied Hagar and the Citadel this past week, conditions were good but getting thin.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Hagar is the likely ski for tomorrow, may go have a look at Citadel after. Hagar look OK in a pic from Loveland yesterday. Thanks for the info...

I simply can't get over how warm it is....64 @ 8100 today and 59 @ 10,500. Really curious to see how things look above treeline tomorrow...hoping for corn.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

^^^^ Exactly my thoughts, just checked the Loveland snowtel and It was over freezing at 7 am..

Hot as fuck in the Northern Sawatch yesterday. At least 55 degrees at 13,000' - warmer than a lot of August days last year and the coverage looks like it did in June. Got a good few sled-ski laps in (great corn!) and it was good to see what some of the terrain looked like with low snow to know what zones may have a thin snowpack and what gets loaded up. Stoked to get out there during a year like last one - there is some amazing BC-looking steep pillowy cliffy shit that actually holds enough snow to be skied. Biking and rock climbing today.
    Last edited by Lindahl; 03-25-2012 at 09:15 AM.

I climbed peak 9 yesterday and it felt great to be walking above treeline. Intended on 4th of july bowl, but the snow was so firm that I decided se might be better than east. But it was also set up and no wet snow until almost treeline. And it was rough from wind sign, not the corn I signed up for! I was at 13k at noon. Then talked to someone that skied 4th of july at 3pm and it was good then.

Just curious about time of day, elevation, and aspect everyone has been skiing. What time would you ski west aspect?
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

talk about barely gonna make it....the only run open from the top of Vail is Ramshorn...that's it. Chair 3 has a couple of things open and Chair 2 is still spinning. Upper and Lower Born Free are still open for now.

They better keep 4 spinning and Ramshorn open thru Sunday. We all deserve 4@4 to say goodbye to this season in style.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

^ This lackluster season is just fading into oblivion. We definitely need to end it in style.

Golden peak is pretty much it's own mountain, too. No way to get there but walk. The park has been excellent slush if you're into that. Soft landings, but grabby if you're off just a bit.

the HD Mid Vail Cam speaks to the situation.....with colder air coming in, MAYBE they can make it last thru Sunday....MAYBE. As much as Vail hates 4@4 it wouldn't stun me to see them shut it down and deny us the pleasure this year. I've got a babysitter...it better still be spinning.

http://www.vail.com/mountain/current...tain-cams.aspx
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Don't even bother with Vail. They are totally burned out. LL, Copper, and Breckenridge are faring much better relatively speaking. That extra elevation is a real difference maker.

2@2?

gsa098765432

hope to see you out and about on Sat and Sunday Makers. Crawfish boil at Moes on Saturday and 4@4 on Sunday...mud and all.

here is a good shot of the difference between the epic that was last year and the anti epic that was this year. From the top of Vail:

ROLL TIDE ROLL

One more reason to get out there, looking good...cliff drops, face shots, sick!