Best Weather App for Droid?

Anyone know of a kickass weather app for an android phone. Weather channel seems to suck since it's never even right about the temp.

Weather.com used to be good but in the latest versions it's slow as shit. The Accuweather one is always way off on the temps. What I'm trying to say is, I have yet to find one that I'm happy with... although weather.com's app is still good for 36 hour and 5-10 day forecasts.

Weather.com is garbage all around, Droid app or otherwise. The Accuweather is nice for their widget, but otherwise meh.

I also use WeatherBug as it puts a temp reading in your top bar, but it can go off-line if your phone is dormant for a while. Seems to be more accurate, though.

Weatherbug FTW. Got it from the Amazon market free-app-a-day thing a few months ago and it's been on my homescreen ever since. Sucks a small amount of battery, but not out of proportion to the usefulness. I'd be happy even if I'd paid full price.

I'll third Weatherbug. They all suck to some degree, but Weatherbug I can't complain too much about
    This job would be great if it weren't for the fucking customers

The old Weather Channel app, from before Feb or something, is very stable and awesome. I rooted my phone so with Titanium I was able to roll back to the previous version once I figured out the new one is pure crap. Coupled with AdFree to remove the ads you get an awesome no-clutter setup and it's accurate too.

If anyone wants the .apk file send me a PM.

does anyone find that the weather app running sucks battery life?

The wife(IT pro) told me that the Weather Bug is notorious for spyware and other bad software.

I have been using Accuweather and Radar now. Only had my Droid a couple months.
    watch out for snakes

I use Radar now for looking at the radar. I never found a good app for forecasts/temps/etc and generally just use my web browser and the same sites I look at on my computer.
    If you french fry when you pizza you're going to have a bad time.

Does WeatherUnderground Have an app? They rock in the browser.

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    The wife(IT pro) told me that the Weather Bug is notorious for spyware and other bad software.

I have been using Accuweather and Radar now. Only had my Droid a couple months.
    I would definitely agree with you on the desktop software. I haven't seen much for Android, however.

I like Weather Bug for local temps and wind because I can look at a weather station a mile from my house. All the others use an airport 13 miles and a major climate difference away. Probably not a big deal for most of you, but here on the coast we can have heavy fog or blazing, or a 30-40F difference in five miles.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

weather bug may be allright for temp, but sucks dirty balls for radar.

Bookmark NOAA and get over not having an app for every little thing in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by AsheanMT View Post
    Bookmark NOAA and get over not having an app for every little thing in the world.
    I was gonna post this yesterday but was too lazy. Why have another app running that hogs memory and battery power? I roll w/ the bookmark too. I've got several point forecasts available so I can check the mountains or valley.

i use beautiful widgets set to take from accuweather. works well enough

I have no idea if this app is on the Driod but check out RadarScope....its not cheap but the doppler is up the minute if you are tracking storms.

I use it a bunch out on the water.

Quote Originally Posted by AsheanMT View Post
    yep. I use noaa...bookmarked on point forecast. I use twc/weather.com (bookmark)as a cross reference too..noaa is way more accurate, but the cross reference is still nice. I have the weather underground radar bookmarked too. their radar trumps all the others I've tried (turn clutter on!) . I have several noaa bookmarks for all the spots i frequently travel to.
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Weather forecast widgets v2
    It's a little tough to set up. It is very customizable both in widget info displayed and in weather data source (you can end up picking a pass summit weather station if you do it right.
    I have a home screen that has 4 2x1 of that widget, one GPS linked built in widget, and then the quick links to NOAA, weather fx models, stream flows, and CAIC
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by donkeykong View Post
    The old Weather Channel app, from before Feb or something, is very stable and awesome. I rooted my phone so with Titanium I was able to roll back to the previous version once I figured out the new one is pure crap. Coupled with AdFree to remove the ads you get an awesome no-clutter setup and it's accurate too.

If anyone wants the .apk file send me a PM.
    I totally agree about the old vs. new weather Channel apps, I really liked the old one and hate the new one, but I have no idea what to do with an .apk file. Is it pretty straightforward or better left to someone who knows what they are doing?

why did they ruin that thing?

I was just looking for these apps over the weekend, because all my weather apps suck, especially weatherbug. I haven't made a move yet, but eWeather HD ($1.99) and Weather HD ($.99) have good reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I totally agree about the old vs. new weather Channel apps, I really liked the old one and hate the new one, but I have no idea what to do with an .apk file. Is it pretty straightforward or better left to someone who knows what they are doing?

why did they ruin that thing?
    apk is stupid simple, easiest way is to email it to your gmail account, then open and hit install

or you can dump it on the sd card and do the same with app manager.
    You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?

Quote Originally Posted by ArmadaBC View Post
    apk is stupid simple, easiest way is to email it to your gmail account, then open and hit install

second this, as said the old weather channel app is great. for snow try ski report.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmadaBC View Post

what he said. whoever wants just PM me with an email address.

i would also note that if you want to install the older version, first uninstall the crap version if you have it installed.