Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/12 Mt. Hood

11/12 Mt. Hood

Web cams at Meadows are showing a dusting down to the top of Stadium. I thought with that we should start the thread.

And don't forget to support ON3P's showing of a couple of ski flicks, and win some Caylors.

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...fter-Dark-quot
    Training for Alpental

I have tried to supress my excitement for the coming season, but it is getting more and more difficult. Loving the change, and stoked for the season to come!!!

meadows tweeted yesterday a katu (over)enthusiastic claim of snow level moving to 4500' this week

let it snow!

side question: will the pillowfight girls be in costume?

Updated my favorites. All systems go for Shredfest 2011-12.

spook Guest
    i can feel the primal excitement building inside as well. i'm not going to be 100%, but i'm going for it regardless. swimming and bikram yoga has been a good start.

i'm intrigued by the new lift. i saw someone on the blog whining that it puts HRM people at a disadvantage to get to SS and heather on powder days so they should open HRM a few minutes earlier to make it even. i laughed. maybe i missed the sarcasm.

SHREDFEST 2012!!!
    Eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow you may be in Utah...

Jan can't come soon enough...

Can't wait to see the old girl looking like this again

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfield View Post
    Jan can't come soon enough...

Can't wait to see the old girl looking like this again
    That's a great pic.
    Training for Alpental

Stoked. My Hood (and snow in general) time this season will be limited due to school in Arizona.....but I'm banking on a mid November opening (or at least dumping for some hiking) and some good Christmas time cycles; November and December are my favorite months to ride, anyways

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    That's a great pic.
    Thanks man. I try to get one every time I fly back. Def. hit the jackpot a few times over the years. Hopefully this time I'll be seeing it from the driver's window of a truck loaded with all my possessions.

Figured this thread would be up. Nice to see some dust on Hood today. Ready for some turns!

Dustings all over the PNW...Stoked!
    Da Hood Crew, bruddah!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfield View Post
    Thanks man. I try to get one every time I fly back. Def. hit the jackpot a few times over the years. Hopefully this time I'll be seeing it from the driver's window of a truck loaded with all my possessions.
    When do you hear if you're moving to Hood River or not? The snow is coming!

I don't want to jinx it, but I got informal notice the other day that my clinical in the Dalles is a go. Now I just need final confimation so I can buy my pass and start jonesing.

It's hailing at my house. Top of vista looks all white on webcam. It is officially October folks.

spook Guest
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vista2.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	101068  

It's going to be nice on this weekend. I might have to WROD it at T-line.
    Training for Alpental

heading up saturday morning to crater rock, then back down to the Level 1 Premiere!

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    i'm intrigued by the new lift. i saw someone on the blog whining that it puts HRM people at a disadvantage to get to SS and heather on powder days so they should open HRM a few minutes earlier to make it even. i laughed. maybe i missed the sarcasm.
    Yes, I was thinking about this the other day. I reckon the concern is a bit valid. Folks park at HRM, and can count on a few runs with just basically the folks that parked at HRM. I know folks could b-lining it from the top of Mt Hood Express, but this new lift makes it easier, quicker, and in turn, more likely for those HRM folks to lose out on freshies...

Personally, I think the lift will distribute folks out easier, and is a good thing. It is however not what is needed the most, expanding the footprint of the resort...

My two cents...

yeah im not really sure what meadows is trying to do with the new lift, seems weird to me, but im sad the racers dont get their private stash anymore, that kicked ass in HS when i was one of them
    in fact that whole area in the dark is a hoot, a buddy found roller into roller and punched a hole in his chin with his knee in the dark, got to the bottom and the blood was frozen onto him and he had no clue he was all messed up, some damn good memories up there...

just baked some liners last week, and picked up some kincos from the factory, keeping my eyes peeled for some beater stix and need some pants and im geared up for the year
    snag a night pass at the expo, a few b1g1f vouchers, and my season is locked
    game on

Quote Originally Posted by forty View Post
    yeah im not really sure what meadows is trying to do with the new lift, seems weird to me, but im sad the racers dont get their private stash anymore, that kicked ass in HS when i was one of them
    in fact that whole area in the dark is a hoot, a buddy found roller into roller and punched a hole in his chin with his knee in the dark, got to the bottom and the blood was frozen onto him and he had no clue he was all messed up, some damn good memories up there...

just baked some liners last week, and picked up some kincos from the factory, keeping my eyes peeled for some beater stix and need some pants and im geared up for the year
    game on
    Yeah, I am far from a Meadows Fanboy, but I think they are trying to spread people out quicker. Two high speed options out of the base is a good thing. While the new lift really doesn't go anywhere impressive and sure as hell nowhere new, you can now much more easily access HRM, Shooting Star, and I believe PR (With 1 lift ride).

Personally, my weekend days at Meadows will be limited. I only really need to go when it gets real good, and it's a weekday. I also do nights at Meadows if the snow level is suspect, otherwise the bowl is where it's at when conditions are good down low.

I'm so fucking stoked for this season, I'm giddy like a little girl.

Season goal:
    10X more time in the backcountry
    get avy savvy
    find good group of touring buddies to draw from
    drink more beer

spook Guest
    i think it will help spread people out faster, thereby avoiding the soul-crushing lines at the bottom of MHX, looking around at yellow and blue going nowhere. but i agree, it would be nice if they were accessing something new.

i avoid weekends at all costs. i can at least pretend a little when i'm up there during the week.

Quote Originally Posted by forty View Post

game on
    That was pretty much one of the reasons why I raced in high school; more skiing and our own runs. Poor Yellow, I hardly knew thee.

Interloper.......this space reserved for face shots.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363