Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/12 Mt. Hood

Quote Originally Posted by benk View Post
    Why's everyone waiting for the lifts to get their turns ?

Heading into white river Thursday, hopefully they don't get too much wind
    Head high and be safe, looks like some rain could be in the mix for tomorrows big dump

And onto something a little more positive:

But seriously, let's pray the lower elevation doesn't get too torn up by "possible" rain tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by astralboy15 View Post
    Head high and be safe, looks like some rain could be in the mix for tomorrows big dump

And onto something a little more positive:

But seriously, let's pray the lower elevation doesn't get too torn up by "possible" rain tomorrow
    I like Jonesy's picture better. Looking at it this morning, it still looks every bit like the beast it did yesterday! I think the early part of the Thanksgiving weekend is going to be VERY stormy! (Just how I like it!!!)

Why's everyone waiting for the lifts to get their turns ?

Heading into white river Thursday, hopefully they don't get too much wind
    If you are talking White River on mt hood, take your rock skis.

Disappointed tone on Meadows blog w/r/t tonight's storm = ?

Quote Originally Posted by Risk Management View Post
    Disappointed tone on Meadows blog w/r/t tonight's storm = ?
    It was always going to be to warm for some of the time. They were dreaming it would not. The disappointment was them waking from that dream to see it raining, probably a way up the mountain...probably for bait longer than most hoped, and bait warmer too

Midnight last night, 37 at the base, 32 at the top of express, with copious precip. It is now cold, and getting colder with nothing but snow for the foreseeable future. Goodness...

We will hear about the base building nature of the warm moisture soon I bet!

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    I hope it holds on and the freezing level goes a little lower than predicted on Wed...Good base building for sure, and past Wed looks good! My GUESS is Meadows opens under very limited ops Saturday or Sunday...

I also hope the Bowl gets a good start!
    I got lucky...Meadows to open Saturday. Who's going up to tear up Red...I mean easy rider?

I got lucky...Meadows to open Saturday. Who's going up to tear up Red...I mean easy rider?
    I think I may wait until Sunday, hopefully the "ladies" will be ready to be mounted on Saturday.
    Training for Alpental

Got up into White River today, stormy stormy weather. Warmed up quite a bit last night, enough to create a significant crust. 4-5" of new covered it except for exposed ridges. It was snowing pretty hard when we left.

nice shot, if that beast didn't have a tag, i'd wet my pants seeing him in the BC

[edit] altho it looks like he's usually tail curled up in the other image

glad you got some in WR

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    I think I may wait until Sunday, hopefully the "ladies" will be ready to be mounted on Saturday.
    well put! i'm guessing this is going to be a season of innuendo
    lucky bastard!

i think we'll be up sunday too but without rock skis we may just be doing christmas family photos

Yeah, should be there. Unless flatline spins up more lifts.....hoping meadows makes the announcement later today that more will spin. If it's a red vs. flatline - I'm just a whore to wherever I can ride the longest distance before waiting in a terrible line.

Quote Originally Posted by astralboy15 View Post
    Yeah, should be there. Unless flatline spins up more lifts.....hoping meadows makes the announcement later today that more will spin. If it's a red vs. flatline - I'm just a whore to wherever I can ride the longest distance before waiting in a terrible line.
    Red vs Timberflats, I think Timberflats wins...

On a related note, next week looks like a nice pattern, with a brief warm up Tuesday...I have a new board, hard to bring out the old board\rock board...

Loved seeing my friends photos from the NW today. Looks like the snow is coming...can't wait for Jan.

I hit up T-line today. They were spinning Molly as I was leaving around noon. About 30 minutes after patrol told me it was too lean. The basic premise of the day though was T-line trying to shovel 10 pounds of shit in a 5lb bag. Fucking gape fest for the most part.

I knew better.

Snow was deep though. Never hit bottom when I ventured in the trees or supposed slopes with thin cover. Ski Bowl got about 2 feet last night themselves.
    Training for Alpental

Ski Bowl got about 2 feet last night themselves.
    Love to hear that!!!

I hit up T-line today. They were spinning Molly as I was leaving around noon. About 30 minutes after patrol told me it was too lean. The basic premise of the day though was T-line trying to shovel 10 pounds of shit in a 5lb bag. Fucking gape fest for the most part.

I knew better.

Snow was deep though. Never hit bottom when I ventured in the trees or supposed slopes with thin cover. Ski Bowl got about 2 feet last night themselves.
    I was almost tempted since it's been 6 months but I knew it would be a clusterfuck. Maybe Monday?
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Anybody want to tour somewhere tomorrow?

Cant recall a better opening day at meadows. Coverage better than anticipated and it was super deep. Carcass hucking ensued.

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    Cant recall a better opening day at meadows. Coverage better than anticipated and it was super deep. Carcass hucking ensued.
    Lets hear about them 191 BG's
    Training for Alpental

I mistakenly took rock skis as I thought low tide would be in effect. Perfect conditions for the goats. Damn.

Best opening day at meadows that I can recall. Thought about my rock board also, klauss, but I soon found out you couldn't really hit bottom if you tried Rode a lot pow, swallowed a lot of snow, got stuck once or twice (snowboard), jumped off of a lot of stuff, lost my hat and goggles, put on "backup goggles," someone found my hat and other goggles and turned them into the lifties, face shots till 3:30, startled the crap out of someone having a safety meeting in the trees - it was really funny....it was a good day.

Oh, and after the opening stampede, lines pretty much disappeared.

spook Guest

deeper than i expected judging from 2:17

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post

deeper than i expected judging from 2:17
    This dude found the goods

Mag?
    Training for Alpental

today was pretty amazing in white river, left the parking lot around 8 and didn't see anyone else till noon. had the whole fin in white river to ourselves. best day i've had on mt hood for sure.

Video will be up tomorrow