Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    ^ this guy. Be in touch

Quote Originally Posted by sfotex View Post
    Salt Lake -> Silverton trip after Christmas, who's down? I Need to get the fuck out of dodge.

Slough running fast and long, this one in Wilson shoots ctarted with a small cornice drop got pretty dam big at the bottom ran 800ft. Not the best set up for a exit out of Alexander Basin, binding pulled out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RSCN0258.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	591.1 KB 
ID:	106497   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0248.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	343.3 KB 
ID:	106498  

Quote Originally Posted by spindrift65 View Post
    Not the best set up for a exit out of Alexander Basin, binding pulled out.
    Those telemark skiers will do anything to lock their heals down.

^^
    Hey Gary, I can't believe you call yourself an instructor. I'm totally better then you.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

Quote Originally Posted by flowtron's ghost View Post
    I was in the PDog in 2002 and a few years earlier in 1998 or 99 I think when we got hit. The earlier one knocked out the power for a few days. That was sporting. The suite on the ground floor east side always gets clobbered, filled to the ceiling. There were some cars just flattened and up by the second floor windows.
    They evac everyone to the safe side of the building before that shot gets fired.
    I was working/living at the Alta lodge during the winter of 98 and one storm during inter lodge I snuck up to the bar to watch the copter drop bombs and the PDog got hit hard. I think the ski shop was filled with snow. I lived in kitchen heights and one of the rooms was named a car name suite (I can't remember the name) but I think it was called that because a car was picked up by a slide one night and it crashed into that room killing someone.

Quote Originally Posted by F#*k You Cat View Post
    Flowtron is exactly right - It was 1998. I was living in Drunk Alley at the P-dog at the time. The eastern suite was clobbered along with Craig's ski shop. Emp cars were pushed up against the 2nd floor windows. Peruvian went into extreme interlodge where the entire east wing and the "fort" are evacuated. Remarkablly no one was injured and the Peruvian was able to repair the property damage.

also ever wonder why the P-dog east wing is shorter than the west wing. If you look at old photo's like from the 70's you'll see a much longer east wing. Toledo bowl has made the P-dog shorter over the years.

I also remember when Helgate condo's got slammed along with the fire ( not the same year as the avalanche) that burned part of the lodge. 1998 was also the year lifeflight slammed into Dromadory Peak killing everyone.

2nd the google search of alta avalanche history...Mark Kalitowski made a nice timeline here
    http://www.avalanche.org/moonstone/T...0of%20Alta.htm

peace

CAT
    Yep, that's the one I watched from the Sitzmark window! That was nutz!

I went a little crazy that winter. I drank myself silly and I swear I could feel all the history around there. It was a bit like the Shining I shit you not. There was talk I remember about the lodge being haunted but who knows. I'm surprised there isn't a shit ton of ghost stories at Alta. Anyone got any good stories? I love a good ghost story.

really nice beautiful weather out there yesterday and friday, you wouldn't even know the sun came out if you stayed below the soup.

SFB hooked a mag up and mounted my plums.
    I couldn't resist not skiing them so I went up to b right on for some groomer skinin' rando racin' ridunkulousness
    I was stoked on the new set up

snow out there in shaded areas, NE facing slopes skied good yesterday.
    the snow is rotten top to bottom. crust sits under last weeks snow. shit reminds me of the colorado death pack, speaking of which, I'm on the "get out of smogville" bandwagon.... prob looking at december 26-28th, the search for snow begins!
    go south young wigglers!

real men drink canadian!

were you one of the many I see skinning up milly every weekend? green explorer/white landcruiser/rover/or honda pilot??

My girlfriend got her passenger window smashed and
    Wallet grabbed along with some gear from the back
    Seat Monday in millcreak. Watch out.

....still no snow.

Quote Originally Posted by tricameron View Post
    My girlfriend got her passenger window smashed and
    Wallet grabbed along with some gear from the back
    Seat Monday in millcreak. Watch out.

....still no snow.
    That sucks.

I leave nothing in my car and often times just roll the windows down and leave the doors unlocked. Might start doing that at Millcreek.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    I leave a shotgun slug shell taped to the window with a "do ya feel lucky" sign seems to work. Headed up silly fork for another xstream slowshoe
    tour. Observed some sweet survivial skiing going on below 9k and reports of decent skiin on facets o plenty higher. Lot of cuss words snapping of shrubbery and "well that was as shitty as i thought it would be" thank jah we're down & clear comments

if only the mclain train had a way to go underground to the lcc

on the flip side of the continued snow drought and deteriorating snow pack a lot of aspects are melting off
    be safe out there specially once winter returns

rip R

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7661505/dawn-patrollers
    word on the street is you not so straight chutin inspired dp know more than avvy experts are gonna find yourselfs a little light in the wallet if you continue with your stupidity.
    but i'm sure we can read about it on their self pimpin blogz from their cubes
    oh and get the gear the sfb uses
    atlas snowshoes, magic flight launch box
    and black butte porter gangsta brew

"When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Inversion extended to the White Pine trailhead today. 22 degrees there, then 33 degrees 1/2 mile later above the choss filled air.

Quote Originally Posted by brooks_mcclintock View Post
    were you one of the many I see skinning up milly every weekend? green explorer/white landcruiser/rover/or honda pilot??
    i assume you're talking about mill creek??? and no I don't ski mill creek that often, its way too far from the sheep pen for my liking my pic from saturday is an area south of 210 and that apron was money!

jesus, will it ever snow again in 2011?

No, I was thinking Millicent at B Town, have seen lots of the same people skinning up every morning and afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by brooks_mcclintock View Post
    No, I was thinking Millicent at B Town, have seen lots of the same people skinning up every morning and afternoon.
    ohhh hahahaha that's the "utah speed team." I wish i was as fast as some of those kooks, but I'm not jealous of their spandex outfits. that was my only time skinning uphill at b right on. I just wanted to try my new set up and not destroy it, so i skinned groomers. actually, i'm kind of ashamed to admit that. i only included that part to give SFB interwebz props, praise and thanks for mounting my plums for me.

Got out around 5:30 this morning in Grizz. Wind was gusting/blowing from E/NE, big cornices and wind slab were forming on the lee side. Skied SW facing shot in Grizz a ways down from the ridgeline. Only a couple inches on top of a smooth crust, have skied worse. More snow in sheltered spots where the wind had deposited it.

Went up to Grizzly this afternoon and dug a pit on a nice wind deposited site on a super duper loaded northwest facing slope. Good practice with a more interesting snow pack than we've had.

A nice big, hard slab came out really really smoothly at around 26 in an ECT, so that'd be Q1 if we're counting numbers here. The slab was really hard and consolidated and about 8" deep (it took smacking hard over my friend's helmeted head with it to break it). A few feet over in a bit more sheltered, shallower area there was nothing slabby to speak of.

Told us at least that it's quite variable and that a big slab can exist. I wish I'd taken photos, but I didn't. But I'd definitely look out for anything loaded as the layer underneath is real slippery. Not that any of this should really have come as a surprise at all.

ha! hadn't seen that before... good shit

Hell I free Wasatch
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

For those folks that ride brighton, the milly side of things will be open Monday, come get some early breakfy at 8 and start riding it at 9!

oh and this is the 420th reply to this thread, wakey wakey eggs and bakey!

what da fuk b riten beta in tha wasatch thredz!

Just a friendly reminder to people.....

if you dig an snow pit, FILL THAT SHIT IN WHEN YOU'RE DONE!!!

I passed three unfilled and unoccupied pits this morning (I also fell in one )

Thanks and Merry Christmas!!!! PRAY4SNOW!!!

Extra normal vid = super funny fantastic shit.

'powderterds' lmao!

And then jtrue posts dawn patrol pics... Classically funny.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post

I passed three unfilled and unoccupied pits this morning (I also fell in one )
    Sorry about that last one brah, I used it as a toilet afterwards. Hope it didn't smear all over you.