A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    yo messenger boy i don't play the butthurt pm game
    it's about what i see as a community
    because you have yet to contribute much if anything
    you don't see it
    as when you feel somethin you state it not imply it
    now perhaps one of the two pros that were in that area yesterday
    will summit their obs
    i doubt it that particular pro only subjectively posts in reguards to his personal adgenda.
    now feel free to start a thread call me out and armchair it up or continue to cunt up this one.
    i'm stickin with the
    "some people have higher risk tolerances than others"
    and the cost can be great
    with a little "it aint what you find in the pit it's what ya may not"
    tidbit from my study of snow stability and avalanches teacher
    I'm bummin over the loss of a damn fine mag who positively contributed
    and i'm going skiing
    "IT'S WHAT WE DO"
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -
    ski on in eternal peace

Was Alecs related to theBarton Farms people ?

Quote Originally Posted by sfotex View Post
    ^^^^
    Shitty snowpack structure is a shitty snowpack structure and that trumps everything else for me...
    In a nutshell, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    I must be an old, conservative family guy, because I never thought the danger was less than considerable. I thought the forecast was spot on.

It's sad, but these circumstances are the proverbial mouse trap, and seem to play themselves out all too often. Slide activity slows down, people "get away" with stuff and the little voice of reason on your shoulder quits talking in your ear. The sun comes out, and you make one ill decision that changes everything.

No disrespect intended.
    I agree, high or considerable is functionally no different for me personally, it's all no-go for bigger and/or steeper lines.

Way better to over-rate the danger than to under-rate it. The Rose is only the most basic guideline, those who are able make their own assessments and decisions. If anyone's gonna be out there armed only with the morning forecast, it's better to have them out there afraid IMO.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow... flying through the air.

Sorry for the language, it was not directed at anyone. I was just trying to state that I think it's FREAKING scary out there. I will admit to indulging in an adult beverage prior to tapping the keyboard.

Those who don't think it's scary are mistaken: http://utahavalanchecenter.org/avala...o_dogs_1292012

[NAME REMOVED -it's against forum rules for real world name call outs - mod]
    I think I understand you don't do the private message deal? So, I publicly invite you for a visit to our office or at least for a chat on the phone. I will be in the office (801 524 5304) on Monday until around noon and again on Thursday. I would be happy to share with you everything we do to provide avalanche information. At least then you can be an informed smack talker. I'll overlook that you are insinuating that I have no compassion for the deceased. I've dealt with a lot of dead people, it's not the fun part. I am serious about talking with you, please consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kowboy View Post
    Sorry for the language, it was not directed at anyone. I was just trying to state that I think it's FREAKING scary out there. I will admit to indulging in an adult beverage prior to tapping the keyboard.

Those who don't think it's scary are mistaken: http://utahavalanchecenter.org/avala...o_dogs_1292012
    No need to apologize for language Brett, nor your comments. I appreciate your input and all the work you guys do to keep us informed.

edit to add: "it's FUCKING scary out there" seems about right.

RIP Alecs, I thoroughly enjoyed your TRs, you will be missed. Sincerest condolences to family, friends, and acquaintances.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Jong-un View Post
    Hi you've reached the Utahavalanchecenter,
    For today's avalanche report press #1
    For phone sex with Marlesue press#2
    Awesome! ❤ it!

UAC you do an awesome job, we appreciate everything you do, thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by Kowboy View Post

One Thought Runs Into Three Others While Mumbling But There's Some Really Good Info Hidden If You Pay Attention (aka skifishbum), I think I understand you don't do the private message deal? So, I publicly invite you for a visit to our office or at least for a chat on the phone. I will be in the office (801 524 5304) on Monday until around noon and again on Thursday.
    I understand you guys do some really good work and most of us are really thankful for that.

But take down the name, we don't play that game (as this young Jedi once learned from skifishyoda.)
    Best Regards,

UMKP

"Peter, You've been missing a lot of work lately".
    "I wouldn't exactly say I've been missing it, Bob".

Day 2 of my Avy 1 course today. We dug a pit at Catherines Pass. Did a compression test and got a CT13 Q1 failure on the facets above the ground. Then we booted up Tuscarora and remotely (and unintentionally) triggered a 50 ft wide 4-5 ft deep slide on an east aspect from the ridge that ran to the flats (1,000 vert). We were using the same skin track countless other had already that day; perhaps the weight of the 7 of us in the group was the trigger for the whoompf and subsequent slide.

at the same time we watched ~20 people ski steeper lines off of Sunset Peak and nothing came out. - guess they have a different risk tolerance than I do.

Fully realize I'm an "avy jong" but thought the observations were worthwhile.
    Last edited by DLD in UT; 01-29-2012 at 08:04 PM.

Yeah it's freakin' scary. Did a tour today through very tight trees and avoided anything even close to thinking about possibly being steep. Was flipping it around at the bottom on a completely flat section and the whole area whomped down a good inch or two. I was surrounded by trees on a flat section. Got the heart moving a bit.

Freaking scary.

Alx88 may you shred endless pow runs in peace.

thanks for callin me out by my name you don't understand this community
    and i got better shit to do then explain what it means to be a maggot.
    you are looking real UNPROFESSIONAL being a professional avvy forcaster argueing with a skibum and violating the rulz of this place.
    I'm sorry you missread my no major instabiilities it ment we walked up to above red pine lake and well i didn't really feel in any danger.
    whether or not i dug pits explored for facets or cut giant cornices or wether i choose to sharre that info is irrelevent.
    If you choose to post here please equate yourself with how we as a community operate.
    The no butthurt pm's is for the messenger boy and I guess there are more
    maybe I'll read them but i highly suggest removing my personal info this
    and feel free to discuss whatever you want aside from that and look as unprofessional as you want.
    this place is different
    and sorry but you argueing about my definition and what i percieved as little to no remorse for a member of this community who contributed more within the community than you.
    That being said I'm sorry if you or others took my post as disrespect
    or that overall the uac doesn't do a fine job. My avvy 2 class was awesome but Tk rules gone downhill since but hey thats my opinion.
    We can argue about the need for them or anyone to cut cornices and create huge slides
    I got to witness a rather large one off tusc today courtesy of what appeared to be an avvy class quite interesting it propagated over and up lookers left into a diamond with a rock appearing to be the trigger with sizeable hang fire above
    appeared to have only removed underlying facets to the dirt layer
    travel was to sunset peak via poi ridge/peak
    way to many instabilities to list were noted many influenced route and terrain choices.
    sunset and dawg lake chutes skied stellar a bit of old chunder debris in sunset and numerous old crowns
    spaced the camera
    so theres your apology cowboys
    now whether you want to continue to look unprofessionnal by not even knowing or taking time to read the stickies and know the rules of the community and post my personal info or aplloguise i really don't fuckin care bro
    gave and recieved enough and made freindships that will endure so i post as i feel in this community
    you should have my email and phone # from the donation of skis and the fishin trip
    well unless you threw it out feel free to contact me in that manner. It's different here it's a maggot thing
    I doubt I'll ever come visit your office
    but the next time I rollout on youse goin up silly fork or we cross skin tracks I'll be sure to stop n chat.
    stay safe classy and professional
    pro
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    ski on in eternal peace

First and Foremost RIP to the young mag Alx88 and condolences to his friends and family.
    Also UAC, you Rock!
    As for you SFB = Dribbler I would like to have a talk with you myself. You seem like you're super wise about the snow pack and your wisdom would be much appreciated, yeah this shits gonna bridge right over any day now, Take a look at two dogs, oh yeah you ski soli slack country, plus your confusing bro brah spray is hard to understand, but thanks for the useless info. I will make sure to post where I am skiing , that way, you can stay far far away. As for the video posted, intentions were really solely for the sake of a good laugh, ya know lighten the mood. For your information, their was not a sole in , down or around us at all! Calling my girl a cunt was and IS way out of line, what kind of negative prickly stick do you have shoved up your ass anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by spindrift65 View Post
    First and Foremost RIP to the young mag Alx88 and condolences to his friends and family.
    Also UAC, you Rock!
    This part of the message isn't hidden but sfb gots better shit to do then argue with jongs
    I think there was a potty mouth preceding the c word
    welcome to tgr
    thick skin helps
    ski on in eternal peace

SFB, I'm glad you're nowcasting skills allow you to push it into old age, maybe we should call you Wow junior? Kowboy, keep it up, from what I witnessed today this layer will likely kill again, maybe this week, maybe in a month. All bets are off folks..Bridging? really? find anyone worth a shit in this business that truly believes it..Bottom line is never trust a hoar, no matter how deep you bury her

Quote Originally Posted by DLD in UT View Post
    Day 2 of my Avy 1 course today. We dug a pit at Catherines Pass. Did a compression test and got a CT13 Q1 failure on the facets above the ground. Then we booted up Tuscarora and remotely (and unintentionally) triggered a 50 ft wide 4-5 ft deep slide on an east aspect from the ridge that ran to the flats (1,000 vert). We were using the same skin track countless other had already that day; perhaps the weight of the 7 of us in the group was the trigger for the whoompf and subsequent slide.

at the same time we watched ~20 people ski steeper lines off of Sunset Peak and nothing came out. - guess they have a different risk tolerance than I do.

Fully realize I'm an "avy jong" but thought the observations were worthwhile.
    solid ob glad that cornice drop off tusc was unintentional
    good show
    not sure if you could see but a lot/most of those shots off sunset had naturaled and you could feel debris.
    The booter/skin up the sunset/snake ridge was interesting to say the least
    lot of rock no real collapsing but plenty of rotten snow.
    ski on in eternal peace

SELDOM SCENE HERE YAH BRO HIT IT RIGHT ON THE MARK, STAY SAFE OUT THERE

Gotta say RIP to Alx88!

On another note , I never realized TGR is such a hate forum!
    So here's to you ~SFB ~
    ~ here's a little potty mouth for ya ~
    GO FUCK YOURSELF!
    It's not about the thickness of your skin here cuz' trust me
    That's not a problem! It's more about the thickness of the slab!
    IDIOT ! Speaking of no time for arguing ~ you seem to have
    A lot of time on your hands~ get a life man!
    Do your best to stay safe out there !
    Oh yeah ~ had you ever made National News for the rescue
    Of a solo backcountry skier , buried 4 ft deep, like we did ? I didn't think so!

[QUOTE=Marlebones;
    Do your best to stay safe out there !
    Oh yeah ~ had you ever made National News for the rescue
    Of a solo backcountry skier , buried 4 ft deep, like we did ? I didn't think so![/QUOTE]

Marlejong,
    Pics of your tits and/or shaved gaping snatch or GTFO!
    Last edited by UrMomsKneePads; 01-29-2012 at 08:58 PM.
    Best Regards,

UMKP

"Peter, You've been missing a lot of work lately".
    "I wouldn't exactly say I've been missing it, Bob".

Alecs we shared so many unforgettable adventures. Whenever things got tough I could always count on you to rise to the occassion with a valiant effort. More importantly, you knew how to care for your friends and make them feel truly appreciated. We honor your legacy. We love you.

Last edited by Mark H; 01-29-2012 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark H View Post
    Alecs we shared so many adventures together. Whenever things got tough I could always count on you to rise to the occassion with a valiant effort. More importantly, you knew how to care for your friends and make them feel truly appreciated. We honor your legacy. We love you.

bump it with a tear in my eye and great pride to be a maggot
    he pushed hard sadly to hard
    a sip was poured out and turns made in his honor today
    I know I'll never ski kessler again without thinking of him
    Someone gave me a buhhda from thialand
    It will be place in one of those cool old trees on the headwall ridge in his memory
    sorry for your and others who knew him well and shared the doing of that which we do.
    ski on in eternal peace

Quote Originally Posted by SeldomScene View Post
    SFB, I'm glad you're nowcasting skills allow you to push it into old age, maybe we should call you Wow junior? Kowboy, keep it up, from what I witnessed today this layer will likely kill again, maybe this week, maybe in a month. All bets are off folks..Bridging? really? find anyone worth a shit in this business that truly believes it..Bottom line is never trust a hoar, no matter how deep you bury her
    Please do not associate the good name of WOW with a dick like skifishidiot.

Anyone who thinks that they can do half as good of a job as the UAC or UDOT avy forecasters is likely wrong.

RIP Alec.

UMKP ~ in your dreams! ~like I said~ Hate Forum !
    Grow a Pair!! :")

SFB,
    You are such a great representative for wasatch powder skis! So professional!

RIP Alecs. It's so tragic to have lost you and I send condolences to friends and family.

hopefully this thread can return to useful obs that will help everyone who views this thread make better decisions so this doesn't happen again rather than people calling each other out creating a big interweb firefight. UAC- Thanks for all the hard work you do to keep people on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Paj View Post
    RIP Alecs. It's so tragic to have lost you and I send condolences to friends and family.

hopefully this thread can return to useful obs that will help everyone who views this thread make better decisions so this doesn't happen again rather than people calling each other out creating a big interweb firefight. UAC- Thanks for all the hard work you do to keep people on top.
    Cheers to that Paj!