Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Come on boys, everyone knows most of the players will be facing bankruptcy by December and will sign any deal available.
    Well they make a lot of money, but they spend a lot of money.
    "You damn colonials and your herds of tax write off dressage ponies". PNWBrit

Pro hoops is the shittiest sport in the USA

Couldn't give a shit about most of pro sports. Bunch of asshats that contribute nothing to society.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

You mean tall people not trying?

They play tons of games and give a shit about 10 of them.

Basketball is a cool game, the NBA is unwatchable until the playoffs.
    It was all a whirlwind; freeze and flash.
    Within a week we had grabbed our skis and hit the road.

(nothing... a little powder, a little blood.)

No longer care about NBA, MLB, NFL or the like. Spoiled bunch of bitches...

I really enjoy watching the NBA and it makes me sick that games are getting canceled. I watch every Blazers game I can, plus tons of other games. Plus, how can you not love Charles Barkley?
    another Handsome Boy graduate

I'm a lifelong, diehard Blazer fan. I was born just before they won the championship and grew up going to games. When I left the state 11 years ago, I made it a point to fly home for one blazer laker game a year-- and they always won. I was there when Jordan shrugged at Clyde, there when the Pistons rolled us, there when Oden crushed his knee, there when Roy scored 18 in the 4th to singlehandedly beat the Mavs this year. And yet, I'm done with it. I read the letter from the players union this morning, deleted it and said out loud, "fuck those guys.". They embody "ungrateful, disconnected and unprofessional.". David Stern can fuck himself. I'm moving to hockey full-time. Fuck the NBA.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

a lot of what the Rev said but replace with Jazz, and I moved to UT in 84 right as they started to become the jazz i love and he loathes. I have followed them for 27 heartbreaking years of good but never great. I cannot think of the last season i didnt go to at least one game, somewhere in the country
    Last year I said somewhere that the only thing that could ever make me stop being an NBA fan is if the Jazz's hall of fame coach retired, they traded their only superstar after he undercut said hall of fame coach, the games i can walk to (MSG) suddenly got mad expensive and there was a lock out that wasn't resolved quickly, but then that could never happen right?

Sad as last years playoffs, even w/o the spazz were amazing with the talent in the league right now, but why support these douchebags.
    soccer anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by ncognico View Post
    Yeah college hoops is okay during the tournaments. But average games where each team scores around 50 pts each....boring.

The NBA is all about scoring and the level of play and athleticism is outstanding.
    yea i hate watching teams actually set up plays. instead of giving it to one guy, let him drive the lane and either pull up for a jump shot, dunk or kick it out to let someone to shoot a trey. they might as well just play one on one in the NBA. streetball and the harlem globetrotters have a more set offense than the garbage they call basketball in the NBA.

college hoops is beautiful to watch. I like watching teams with an actual offensive game plan. I like watching teams play defense.

the NBA sucks. and this lockout is only going to turn away more fans.

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    college hoops is beautiful to watch.
    Obviously you didn't watch last year's NCAA title game.

Not sure why everyone is laying the blame on Stern. He's trying to save a sinking ship. The ship being sunk because owners are beyond stupid and pay the likes of Joe Johnson over $100 million. I'm not a big NBA fan so really won't miss it with football in full swing, but I'm sure around May I'll be bummed if there are no playoffs to watch, because I sure as hell won't be watching a worthless, lifeless, meaningless baseball game.

No doubt, there are quite a few d-bags in the NBA. Few walks of life, much less athletic leagues, are different. Still, there are a lot of good guys in the NBA, especially among the recent crop of stars--e.g., Kevin Durant, Kevin Love, Stephan Curry, Russell Westbrook, Derrick Rose, etc. These guys work there asses off on and off the court, contribute to their communities, and are generally very decent people. Many of the petulant Starburies and Stevie Franchise-types from the last decade are gone or on their way out (see, e.g., Vince Carter and Tracy McGrady). Yeah, Kobe and LeBron still loom large. But every sport needs its villains. (Also, they are fun to watch.)

As for college basketball, I still like it. But the one-year-and-done phenomenon has hurt the quality, team play, and continuity in my opinion. Still, there's no more exciting sport format than a single-elimination tournament, so the tourney is always fun.

Couldn't give a shit, other than I get kicked down Jazz tickets a lot from vendors.
    Now I'll get arena football or some other bullshit sport tix.

I have to admit, as more of an NHL & NFL fan I really don't care one way or the other. Honestly, if it goes on for awhile it'll give more exposure to the NHL with just the NHL, NFL & NCAA basketball going on. I just get turned off by 5 minutes or more for the 30 seconds of a basketball game to finish.
    Always charging it in honor of Flyin' Ryan Hawks.

Pro sports = don't care. NFL football is fun to watch sometimes but I've never watched MLB or NBA. All of them could disappear off the face of the Earth tomorrow and it wouldn't really mean anything to me.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

I stopped watching NBA when MJ had his run in Chicago. Seemed like same shit different year. Then it was the Lakers. Boring.

Well, fuck. I'm no expert, but it's hard to imagine there will be any 2011/2012 season.

didn't know there was a lock out until this thread, pro sports mean nothing to me and it's snowing so i won't even know if they cancel the season until i fly to Denver for the ski show or ti Utah for meetings...
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

....Or 2012/2013 for that matter, since anti-trust lawsuits are very speedy.

I stopped watchin bassetball when the Sonics left town.

Though watching Seattle Pro teams is a no win situation. It's like watching a woman fake an orgasm, lots of build up and then...poof.
    Custom hand made Monoskis in Washington. www.whiteknucklemonoskis.com
    All things related to Monoskiing www.monoski.net

Not pissed at all about spoiled athletes talking about their "paychecks" as if they have a real job.

Quote Originally Posted by SLSki View Post
    ....Or 2012/2013 for that matter, since anti-trust lawsuits are very speedy.
    It's possible, but I wouldn't assume that the anti-trust suit will be litigated to its conclusion. As far as I can make out, it's just another bargaining chip. When the players and owners settle, probably next spring, I'm sure dismissal of that suit will be part of the bargain. Also, while it's shocking that everybody was willing to let this season go (and sacrifice hundreds of millions in revenue all around), I can't see that happening a second time. Too much money is at stake, and after a full year of (deservedly) being shat on by the media and (ex)fans, I think the ego issues won't play as big a role for both owners and players.

I'm with the Rev and Woodsy. Now just imagine your team was controlled by a egomaniacal rapist who puts on a dog and pony show with his wife and kids every game and then add on a heap of the young quiet center that you were starting to love turned out to be an asshole jerk who violently cheap shots opossing players and well...it's enough to make a guy a Clipper fan...but I ain't goin' there in a meeeeellion years.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

I'm really going to miss all the fair-weather douchebags with the Laker flags strapped to their rigs (but only on the days that they win).

Oh wait, no I'm not.

Hoops is now relegated to 4th place. Soccer is now the 3rd most popular sport in the country. With the influx of non-native born folks entering the country I wouldn't be surprised to see it overtake baseball. And tell me when is the last time you saw/heard something like this. Go Timbers.
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.