Page 37 of 60 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
    I'm no local bunny, but isn't it weird that 7A isn't on that list of lifts to be replaced? Seems like the biggest bottleneck on the mountain. I love those old center pole lifts and all that, but man, nostalgia only goes so far right?

The last thing Taos needs is more Texans on the hill. Keep the chairs slow and don't groom.

Meh. Texas can't ski the Kachina chair anyway and Taos hike for your turns purity went out the window with that chair. Really, other than the very real possibility they ran the lifts slower for them, the Texans in Taos had zero negative impact on the Iowans in Taos on spring break except for a rumoured lineup we heard about on chair 1 but didn't get stuck in and random Texans passing us on blind corners on the road up and a random 'local?' at the town grocery store who yelled at us to go home (we did eventually). Also, I suppose the random Texan who nearly ran down my wife trying to prove he could keep up with her on Longhorn. He couldn't.

Wolf Creek is a different matter altogether. It is more Texas than Texas. But being from Iowa, we are in absolutely in no position to throw stones, we just feel fortunate they still let us in.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Wolf Creek is a different matter altogether. It is more Texas than Texas.
    QFT. It's fucking overrun

So Taos shuts down pass sales till they return in summer. The posted prices, are they good when they reopen pass sales or will they jump?

^ I wondered about that, but decided to purchase on the last day of early sales just to nail it down. I suppose I’ll be a little peeved if the price is the same hen they reopen sales, but I have no idea what the structure will be.

Copy that. Thinking I'll buy a blacked out pass. Only 300 more than midweek, which is only a 4 day a week pass. 785$ is a killer deal. Assuming it snows.

TAOS New Mexico....BETA.....?

ok that's seems to be good

When is Taos going to start selling thier season passes?

I hope to spend a solid month there this season. Taos is rad.

They already had the pre-season sale, so I expect they’ll start again in the fall

Says summer on the site. Whatever. Let's run some laps this season. Hope it snows there!

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    When is Taos going to start selling thier season passes?

I hope to spend a solid month there this season. Taos is rad.
    Looks like passes are back on sale now!

https://www.skitaos.com/tickets-pass...23-season-pass

Copy!!

11% sales tax on the pass! Jesus. I'm going to have to steal 90$ worth of shit to make up for that

Sandia peak ski area not operating this winter. But will still operate tram for visiting. Big storm can you bring skis up? Could be cool. Prob a no.

If you took skis up the tram (and I don’t know why they wouldn’t let you, you could take them when the ski area is open) you’d still have to either hike/skin back up to catch the tram down or have a ride from the bottom of the ski area back to town. Am I understanding your question?

People skin the Sandia ski area pretty often.

Gotcha. Just saw a news blurb about the tram/ ski area. Unaware of those details.

Looking forward to Taos this season. Hopefully it snows

Barren wasteland is still cheap outside Taos. 2 grand an acre

I luv me sum Tacos
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    Barren wasteland is still cheap outside Taos. 2 grand an acre
    I was watching some Shark-Tank-esq RE show on Netflix and these folks had a very nice luxury earth ship house in Taos and they were asking less than a million for it. I almost convinced the wife to move right then and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    If you took skis up the tram (and I don’t know why they wouldn’t let you, you could take them when the ski area is open) you’d still have to either hike/skin back up to catch the tram down or have a ride from the bottom of the ski area back to town. Am I understanding your question?

People skin the Sandia ski area pretty often.
    Au contraire! This is a true fucking story, believe it or not…..Prolly three years ago, my buddy and I were planning to do exactly what MS is describing; at the time, the Ski Area was only open Fri-Sun, so we park at the tram lot on a Wednesday and start getting our shit organized. Our plan was tram up, do a few laps, skin back to the top, tram down. While getting our gear ready( we were in the east side lot, almost right underneath the cables), some dude comes out on the balcony and asks what we were doing…..I explain to him our plan, to which he responds “No.” I’m like what do you mean no? We just need a ride to the top, like everyone else….He then proceeds to tell us that he’d be liable if we got hurt, so no ride for us…I’m like are you fucking serious, we’ve taken the tram with all our rock climbing shit multiple times, and no one said boo. Plus, I pointed out that the Ski Area is NF land and we can do whatever we goddamned well want up there….This fucker just smiled and said “No”, again. At this point, my buddy Matt started to get pretty pissed and asked to speak to a supervisor, to which the response was “ I am the supervisor”, to which I may or may not have said well you’re an idiot and fuck you. Dude had a complete meltdown, screaming at us we were banned from the Tram for life…..We drove around, and I have in fact been on the Tram since, but…..Fuck that guy. Good luck, it’s awesome if there is snow and like four people on that whole side of the mountain……
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

i'll buy 20 acres and make a camp for misfit toys, ski taos- and die in the summer of molten heat,

or get sister land in montana to avoid said molten heat.

going to spend 4-6 weeks there this winter, holla if around.

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Au contraire! This is a true fucking story, believe it or not…..Prolly three years ago, my buddy and I were planning to do exactly what MS is describing; at the time, the Ski Area was only open Fri-Sun, so we park at the tram lot on a Wednesday and start getting our shit organized. Our plan was tram up, do a few laps, skin back to the top, tram down. While getting our gear ready( we were in the east side lot, almost right underneath the cables), some dude comes out on the balcony and asks what we were doing…..I explain to him our plan, to which he responds “No.” I’m like what do you mean no? We just need a ride to the top, like everyone else….He then proceeds to tell us that he’d be liable if we got hurt, so no ride for us…I’m like are you fucking serious, we’ve taken the tram with all our rock climbing shit multiple times, and no one said boo. Plus, I pointed out that the Ski Area is NF land and we can do whatever we goddamned well want up there….This fucker just smiled and said “No”, again. At this point, my buddy Matt started to get pretty pissed and asked to speak to a supervisor, to which the response was “ I am the supervisor”, to which I may or may not have said well you’re an idiot and fuck you. Dude had a complete meltdown, screaming at us we were banned from the Tram for life…..We drove around, and I have in fact been on the Tram since, but…..Fuck that guy. Good luck, it’s awesome if there is snow and like four people on that whole side of the mountain……
    I wonder if it was Benny A, it kind of sounds like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I wonder if it was Benny A, it kind of sounds like him.
    Could’ve been, but after I told him to fuck himself, the time to ask fo his name was less than optimal…..

Did he have his pockets full of buffet food?
    watch out for snakes