Page 25 of 60 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Heading that way soon in my friend’s RV. Is the parking lot that allows overnight camping/RV’ing usually pretty packed? Probably will be there on a weekday night.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Heading that way soon in my friend’s RV. Is the parking lot that allows overnight camping/RV’ing usually pretty packed? Probably will be there on a weekday night.
    Should be pretty open on a weekday night.

Quote Originally Posted by COinIA View Post
    Question for the local mags...is there reliable, decently fast, public WiFi available anywhere in the base area of TSV? Thinking of coming down for a week, but I need to log in to a conference call for work each day, mid-morning for 1-2 hrs. Would rather do that at the mountain instead of driving all the way back to town. I read an article indicating there is...but...can anyone confirm/deny?
    The Bav has wifi, but not sure about the bandwidth and reliability of it, especially when strong beers are involved.
    Ski The East

I'm headed to NM on the 14th. Gonna ski Santa Fe on Saturday, then Taos Sunday and Monday and Sipapu for Tuesday morning.

I'll be with my daughter, she's 12 and a pretty darn good skier but super steeps still scare her. I want to push her comfort zone a bit without putting her in any serious danger.

I've never skied New Mexico so we are really excited! I think this should be a good tour visiting a few different mountains. I know Sipapu isn't too exciting but it's free on our pass and I really dig the mom and pop ski area vibe.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    I'm headed to NM on the 14th. Gonna ski Santa Fe on Saturday, then Taos Sunday and Monday and Sipapu for Tuesday morning.

I'll be with my daughter, she's 12 and a pretty darn good skier but super steeps still scare her. I want to push her comfort zone a bit without putting her in any serious danger.

I've never skied New Mexico so we are really excited! I think this should be a good tour visiting a few different mountains. I know Sipapu isn't too exciting but it's free on our pass and I really dig the mom and pop ski area vibe.
    Taos can be steep and tight. As steep as the village and much tighter. Plenty of mellower stuff over below Kachina off lift 4. And now with the lift up Kachina, "main street" is in play and pretty mellow. I don't know what color they made it, but I don't think it's very steep. Seems like it should be a blue as it's wide open, but Idk.

You'll dig it for sure! Have a blast!

Wish I could show y’all around a bit, but headed to WA for a quick project.

Chair 2 holds good steeps where the second half of the run will be a groomer back to the lift. Castor - West Blitz is all available with no hiking.

Have fun while you’re here!

There’s plenty of mellow terrain plus a nice variety of challenges to push her without freaking her out.

Recommend you make the trip all educational & shit for her too. There is a lot of history there. Take her to the Kit Carson Museum in Taos. When I was there 10 years ago, my tour guide was a great great granddaughter of Carson. Also see if you can get in to see DH Lawrence’s paintings in Hotel La Fonda. In Santa Fe take her to the tour of the Governors Mansion.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    ...In Santa Fe take her to the tour of the Governors Palace.
    FIFY. The Governor’s Palace is the historic site on the Plaza built in 1610. The Governor’s mansion is something entirely different.

^D'oh, what he said.

It is a cool tour. I liked the telling of the riots that ensued when the Spanish pressed a gang of men into service constructing buildings...

Hey just rolled into Taos from Silverton and will ski tomorrow. Ping me if you don't mind a new Englander tagging along for my one and only day on the hill.
    I will be at the brewery this evening. Sleeping in the trailers next door.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Well it's funny that you all mention it but we were just thinking we'd spend Saturday night in Santa Fe as well and head up to Taos early Sunday morning. It looks like a cool place to explore. My daughter likes the looks of Meow Wolf.

thanks for the advice!
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Well it's funny that you all mention it but we were just thinking we'd spend Saturday night in Santa Fe as well and head up to Taos early Sunday morning. It looks like a cool place to explore. My daughter likes the looks of Meow Wolf.

thanks for the advice!
    Yeah, Meow Wolf looks pretty cool. There is a documentary about the way it all started. Pretty interesting.

Meow Wolf is super cool, especially if you’re 12 yo.

Kinda wish I was down in Taos right now. Things appear nuclear...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	taos_winter1.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	153.7 KB 
ID:	313892

Ima head up tomorrow. Looks promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Ima head up tomorrow. Looks promising.
    18" in 24... with that kind of nuke-age going on... could be more than promising. Ya bastid.

Winter storm in full affect.

Shit you not: waist deep in Papa Bear on my way back to work. Untouched 4:10 PM.

I’ll keep an eye out for ya, Meadow Skipper. Would love to spin a lap.

Didn’t see the_flying_v, but it was a very good day. Of course everyone I saw that I knew said I shoulda been there yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Didn’t see the_flying_v, but it was a very good day. Of course everyone I saw that I knew said I shoulda been there yesterday.
    I met Will, the dude that looks identical to you from 25 feet away. Of course he was talking to some cute Tele skier chick. So who else could it be?!?

Yesterday was super fun. But today, more terrain, less cold, and the NM winter sun. One may describe today as “All Time”.

Yah, V!!!!!!!

Get some you dogs!!

Psyched to see youse getting the goods.

Conditions looking pretty good for this weekend, I can leave the rock skis at home this year.

Check your Room /bedsheets for Spiders

New Mexico is a Spider mecca … I was bit on my skull by a black widow while staying in town, sleeping.. long ago. It took 2 weeks for the poison to hit my system. Not to fun, having to figure it out 2 weeks after. Symptoms were intense pain in knees and inability to stand for more than 30-45 seconds.

Luckily it was when we still had family doctors in America.. 20 bucks and an antibiotic; was feeling fine within 24 hours.

Imagine going to an Hospital now,with todays healthcare..i imagine it would be 20 tests, and thousands of dollars, the way the system works now.

HAVE FUN! Taos was one of my favorite mountains to ever visit
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Yup. Tomorrow's shaping up , but Sunday ought to be tits.

Looks like I have a decision to make.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

We were skiing fresh lines on both Kachina and West Basin a few days after the last cycle.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    We were skiing fresh lines on both Kachina and West Basin a few days after the last cycle.
    It usually takes them a while to open those areas after a storm, so if you miss the actual day of a storm you can often catch those openings.