Page 20 of 61 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Rolled into town with my 7 yo. Any recommendations on food? Looks like Taos Mesa Brewing has pizza, any feedback on it?

Quote Originally Posted by iamTRuTH View Post
    Rolled into town with my 7 yo. Any recommendations on food? Looks like Taos Mesa Brewing has pizza, any feedback on it?
    If you go to Taos and eat pizza... you may be doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    If you go to Taos and eat pizza... you may be doing it wrong.
    Tell me about it. 7 year old got to pick tonight.

The 2 best pizzas in Taos, which are actually really good, are Pizza Out Back, and Pizanos.

The TMB pizzas are just OK.

Tell me about it. 7 year old got to pick tonight.
    Hit Orlando's and tell the kid you think it's a pizza joint.

If you are going to be around tomorrow night, the Lil Smokies are playing the mothership TMB. 10 bucks. A band not to miss anywhere.

There are a couple of locations. The Mothership is a few miles down Hwy 64, and their menu is taco-oriented. I'm here now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

I take my kids to Ktaos solar radio restaurant and they like it. Don’t think they have pizza but there are burgers, apps, etc there.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    The 2 best pizzas in Taos, which are actually really good, are Pizza Out Back, and Pizanos.

The TMB pizzas are just OK.
    Go to Pizanos.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Go to Pizanos.
    For me, it does edge out Out Back. But they are both super solid.

Thanks, everyone. We are here through Sunday, so we will be hitting a few places. The boy picked Outback Pizza for tonight and Orlando’s looks good for tomorrow.

Amusing thread here. I've skied Taos exactly one day, and it was flippin' huge powder. It has the freaking terrain for sure, so you've got that going for you (and no crowds)! Kind of like CB I think: probs the best resort in CO...if and only IF it happens to be overflowing with snow. These would be my two favorite resorts ever, except: the consistency is not there.

It did not hurt that my Taos day was on a road trip, consummating a relationship, after skiing a couple days of CB, and finishing with some nice climbing and non-developed hot springs, in Los Alamos. That trip was memorable - not only for the powder skiing and fresh gettin'-down, but because of a broken windshield wiper cruising home, during a full-on blizzard. Had to steal a squeegee from a gas station, duct tape it onto a ski pole, get on all my gear, lean out the window and manually wipe, whilst my brand-new girlfriend drove. Ok, lasted like 40 minutes, 'till I thought I was gonna die, then we MacGuiver'd a solution involving manually controlling the wiper from inside the car, using a couple of Sorel laces, while we negotiated white-out on Raton Pass. Ah...good times for sure.

Anyhow, Taos the town seemed cool enough, but of course I never peeled back anything more than the thinnest of surface layers (Santa Fe, OTOH, seemed boring AF - not sure what the huge tourist appeal is about). But then, while I never seriously considered living in NM, I always assumed it would come with all the off-flavors discussed in this thread (and of course, some upside of well, how can I put it...avoiding the annoyances of say the Front Range)

Quote Originally Posted by skizix View Post
    Amusing thread here. I've skied Taos exactly one day, and it was flippin' huge powder. It has the freaking terrain for sure, so you've got that going for you (and no crowds)! Kind of like CB I think: probs the best resort in CO...if and only IF it happens to be overflowing with snow. These would be my two favorite resorts ever, except: the consistency is not there.

It did not hurt that my Taos day was on a road trip, consummating a relationship, after skiing a couple days of CB, and finishing with some nice climbing and non-developed hot springs, in Los Alamos. That trip was memorable - not only for the powder skiing and fresh gettin'-down, but because of a broken windshield wiper cruising home, during a full-on blizzard. Had to steal a squeegee from a gas station, duct tape it onto a ski pole, get on all my gear, lean out the window and manually wipe, whilst my brand-new girlfriend drove. Ok, lasted like 40 minutes, 'till I thought I was gonna die, then we MacGuiver'd a solution involving manually controlling the wiper from inside the car, using a couple of Sorel laces, while we negotiated white-out on Raton Pass. Ah...good times for sure.

Anyhow, Taos the town seemed cool enough, but of course I never peeled back anything more than the thinnest of surface layers (Santa Fe, OTOH, seemed boring AF - not sure what the huge tourist appeal is about). But then, while I never seriously considered living in NM, I always assumed it would come with all the off-flavors discussed in this thread (and of course, some upside of well, how can I put it...avoiding the annoyances of say the Front Range)
    So you won't be moving there???

Thanks, everyone. We are here through Sunday, so we will be hitting a few places. The boy picked Outback Pizza for tonight and Orlando’s looks good for tomorrow.
    La Cueva for dinner and Orlando's for Dessert. IMHO.

Awesome skiing today until lightning forced total lift closure.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

I'm gonna be at Taos this weekend for the first time...any recos? Staying at the Snowmansion with a car. Looks like conditions are pretty nice!

Bring skis that are comfortable in the bumps.

The breakfast burrito at Abe’s, near the ASM.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    I'm gonna be at Taos this weekend for the first time...any recos? Staying at the Snowmansion with a car. Looks like conditions are pretty nice!
    Don't tell anyone you're from texas

just stay away from the high end food troughs in town center> my buddy threw up his 5 star meal right on the restaurant wall outside

they are also a typical type of Hollywood dining/ the portion sizes are tiny and cost the price of a full meal for 1 dish.
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    For me, it does edge out Out Back. But they are both super solid.
    They are old friends and good folks. Been a long time since I hit up Out back though.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Don't tell anyone you're from texas

Heh I'm not FROM Texas, I just live there g'dammit.

Heh I'm not FROM Texas, I just live there g'dammit.
    You should be good then.

Funny, I'll be in your town next week.

Since you're staying at the Snowmansion, I'm guessing that you're staying relatively low-key. I guess I'll make a couple of suggestions: (1) Early dinner/late lunch after the lifts close at the Hondo Bar, which is downstairs in the Snakedance condo bldg. The lamb green chile stew is unbelievably good, and it's also very filling (if you get a meatful serving). And it is only $8, I think. My own research has confirmed, on many occasions, that this will last you until the next morning. (2) And to reiterate what someone casually mentioned earlier, the food in the KTAO bar is pretty darn good, and it's cheap. You will also be dropped into quite a mix of the local characters.

I wish I could say that I had high hopes for the quality of the skiing this weekend, but it's been warm up there, and the weekend forecast is for a clouds-and-light-snow follow up Sat and Sun. I guess we'll see... Good luck!

cheers,
    john

Quote Originally Posted by jrredho View Post
    Since you're staying at the Snowmansion, I'm guessing that you're staying relatively low-key. I guess I'll make a couple of suggestions: (1) Early dinner/late lunch after the lifts close at the Hondo Bar, which is downstairs in the Snakedance condo bldg. The lamb green chile stew is unbelievably good, and it's also very filling (if you get a meatful serving). And it is only $8, I think. My own research has confirmed, on many occasions, that this will last you until the next morning. (2) And to reiterate what someone casually mentioned earlier, the food in the KTAO bar is pretty darn good, and it's cheap. You will also be dropped into quite a mix of the local characters.

I wish I could say that I had high hopes for the quality of the skiing this weekend, but it's been warm up there, and the weekend forecast is for a clouds-and-light-snow follow up Sat and Sun. I guess we'll see... Good luck!

cheers,
    john
    Bacon wrapped stuffed jalapenos at KTAO ftw!

Hope to link some turns but have to move the shop today.

Buster: I hate to inform you but there are no VR70s in the shop anymore. Maybe they got moved.

Quote Originally Posted by the_flying_v View Post
    Hope to link some turns but have to move the shop today.

Buster: I hate to inform you but there are no VR70s in the shop anymore. Maybe they got moved.
    Ask Alain?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<