Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Ullrfest 2011: VT Roll Call

ULLRFEST is less than one week away (Oct. 15), which means snow is coming soon! Time to get ready for the season... drink a few beers and chow some good food. There's live music, roasted pig, (salads and chicken for vegans), kegs, bonfires, and outdoor ski films on a big screen. If you've never been, you need to get your arse up to Vermont. Last years ski sacrifice speaks for itself... best season in years and snow that weekend!!!

This year I'm asking for all participants to DONATE $20 to flood relief charity in lieu of contributing to the roast. (I'll still need whatever help setting up I can get!) All contributers/attendants are entered into a raffle for skis, jacket, and other cool ski stuff.

I need a head count for food, beer, tent sites and porta potty rentals. Let me know your status and number in your group (see lists). PM me for directions. I hope to see you there. BD

Definites:

BigDaddy, neighbors and friends + 40: pig, beer (dinner Saturday and breakfast Sunday morning)
    Stayalert: preparation and tent construction, grill monitor, beer distribution
    VT-Freeheel: firewood, lots of love for all mankind and tampax
    Thin Cover + 2: pasta salad, gerards bread and gerbers
    ml242: +15 super models and XL Yankee shirt
    DoWork: iceluge and pigs in a blanket
    mtnbikerboarder + 1: venison and tent delivery!
    Diamondback: dessert
    gpetrics + 1: salad
    HighAnxiety: home movies and salad
    advres: 1-2 lbs pasta de advres
    mangle + 2: TBD
    GetAmped + 1: 124 proof and large batches of mexican rice and black beans
    weasel1 + 1 (family): Campsite clearing and preparation and gluten free cupcakes
    njfreeskier: pasta salad (penne, chicken, broccoli, tomoto, red pepper)
    _Aaron_: sesame noodles
    EPskiforlife: sesame sauce
    neufox47: cherry pie
    Nmbrd Days: apple coleslaw and hopefully jalapeno mac and cheese
    VTsession: Chocolate chip cookies
    jgb@etree: chicken parm/ziti
    skirotica + 1: TBD
    Moeghoul: homemade mac and cheese and luge lubricant
    I've Seen Black Diamonds: local cheeses and bread
    krp8128: TBD
    Gman: chili
    MtWriter: chili
    vt_ski + 1: TBD
    Marcus Brody: butternut squash risotto
    spatztwelve + 1: TBD
    tief schnee: rajas de chile poblano
    Almanator: TBD
    Fenris: Woodchuck cider and chocolate chip brownies
    Reganized: TBD
    Lionelhutz: sunshine, snow and baked beans
    tBatt: cupcakes and tent!
    BiggC + 1: smoked meat
    Bottleman + 1: salad
    akokskis + 1: veggie side dish
    L8APX: "gobs of beer"
    mobygrape: TBD
    Diamond Joe: TBD
    whitewoodchuck + 2: one log Hopping Mad Trout (IPA) and one log Rainbow Red
    Lynchdogger: couple of growlers from either Portsmouth Brewery or Redhook Brewery and side dish (Gizelle?)

Maybes:

MMP
    Boat Bound
    Powder Pussy
    Soul_skier
    Fixed Grip
    arewolf
    da sponge
    Iceman: bacon

Unable To Attend but sending their love, and more:

Captain Awesome: 10 FRICK'N POUNDS OF HOME CURED BACON!!!
    Earlywood and Snowsprite: Wedding plans, 2 "No Friends On A Powder Day" plaques. (A must have for every skier!)
    Laseranimal: best party wishes while holding the fort!
    JayPowHound: 5 gallons homebrew
    Buckethead
    Last edited by BigDaddy; 10-14-2011 at 06:12 AM.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Hey BD... It turns out there is a good chance I will not be able to make it this year, so I'm going to say I'm out. Better to save you a head that be a no-show and end up causing food/alcohol waste. I'm bummed but I know you all will have a blast.

Looks like a sick guest list so far. Really looking forward to it!
    Magic Mountain Freeride Team...bringing your grom's game to the next level.

The only ski you'll ever need...http://worthskis.com/skis/the-magic/

"Errare Humanum Est"

Gman is online now Mack Master William Large
    myself and mtnwriter are in.

See my name on the list. but gotta add a plus one on there. Will be bringing the lady friend. We'll be using a single tent site but she needs to be counted just the same.

oh, ps. FOr those of us who are virgins, we'll need a location of some sorts (nearest town/XY, lat/long, etc.). I'm sure Advres knows the way, but just the same.
    I demoed the TECH TALK JONG! pro model this spring and their performance was unparalleled which is good because I ski in a wedge most of the time - bendtheski, 2011

Sorry to say I'll be skiing that night...in Dubai. Rad, sick, gnar pics will be posted, fer sure

Throw me down for as a maybe but highly likely.

Anyone interested in trying to run or bike in a flood benefit triathlon hung over?
    White River DisasTour Race

Quote Originally Posted by Skirotica View Post
    See my name on the list. but gotta add a plus one on there. Will be bringing the lady friend. We'll be using a single tent site but she needs to be counted just the same.

oh, ps. FOr those of us who are virgins, we'll need a location of some sorts (nearest town/XY, lat/long, etc.). I'm sure Advres knows the way, but just the same.
    I don't, we'll need directions for sure.
    I think you have me confused with someone who is far less awesome.

Shit, this is only two weeks away?!?!?

I'm still definitely a go but realizing now that I said I'd bring a 5 gal of homebrewed IIPA, and as I haven't brewed it yet that just isn't going to happen. 9+ % ABV just takes too long to be good. Never fear tho, I'll throw something together tomorrow that should be drinkable by the 15th, some kind of force-carb'd pale ale in the 5% range should be doable.

Not firm on travel plans yet but most likely will be driving up by myself from Boston if anyone needs a lift. Advres, looks like you're all set?

Im going to need directions as well. Might be bringing EPskisforlife as well. Gotta see how hes recovering. Anybody (mtnbikerboarder?) leaving from/driving near NEPA lets split gas.
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

Damn, I was hoping to join in the fun and meet some of you for my first season on this coast, but it looks I have to work. Dammit.....

I've arranged things so that I can confirm. I'm pretty stoked for my first Ullrfest.

i don't have JayPowHound's brewing skills but is there anything I can bring to add to the awesomeness?

BD - I'm really looking forward to the event this year - just like always.

Will probably have a few others in the car, I'll let you know. If anyone is on the fence about this party, don't be. There isn't a more epic way to kick off a season. Maybe DoWork will make different levels of difficulty for the ice luge, just in case you're nervous about doing it a first time. Anyway, living in the east means we should all be familiar with the ice luge.
    .....I hope you know that this will go down on your permanent record

http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

Updated list

Please let me know if I messed up, don't have your name on the list, etc... and PM me if you need directions.

Lastly, looks like the roads are all good now, too, so same routes work as the last few years (except Rt 107).
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

DoWork, I'd prefer an ice luge that stays in one piece, dont worry about levels. I like my ice luges like the way we ski...one way down, steep and from the summit.

Oh yeah, not sure if this has been done in the past, but if its cool with you BD, I'm calling dibs on Tuckerman. It's a comfy spot. If some of you don't know what I'm talking about don't worry about it, you'll find out soon enough.
    Last edited by njfreeskier; 10-02-2011 at 01:12 PM.
    Magic Mountain Freeride Team...bringing your grom's game to the next level.

The only ski you'll ever need...http://worthskis.com/skis/the-magic/

"Errare Humanum Est"

how far from peterborough nh? i've got this 100 mile road ride i'm expected/required to attend on saturday.

rog

Stoked that its 2 weeks away. Ill be heading up from the NYC area, if anyone wants to car pool. Ill prob be riding solo so there is room.

Quote Originally Posted by _Aaron_ View Post
    Im going to need directions as well. Might be bringing EPskisforlife as well. Gotta see how hes recovering. Anybody (mtnbikerboarder?) leaving from/driving near NEPA lets split gas.
    Yes, drag his ass up here!

I'm leaving from Boston. I don't have a tent, so I'm planning on putting a sleeping bag in the back of my Jeep.

out. I am back in SLC. Have fun. Man I miss this event!
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

I've been contemplating it for a while now. I'm thinking I probably should do it.

Yo BD!!! PTBH (Propane Torpedo Band Heater) tested and fully operational!

Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    myself and mtnwriter are in.

Sick! I can thank him personally for those ice axes!

I can't wait for Ullrfest... So stoked!
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    I've been contemplating it for a while now. I'm thinking I probably should do it.

DO IT!

"If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

MAN! I wish I could figure out how to get back out for a work trip, I would say be at this. The east coast mags are good peeps!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Looking forward to this event, always a good time, especially when we get to make turns the morning of...