Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    I'll be bringing some most excellent local cheese and bread. Will there be a table for me to lay it all out?

you have no idea the caliber of fungus this guy brings, outstanding. I will bring a table for it.

TC and ISBD, I have about twenty saw horses, so I should have plenty of tables to put food, beverages and ice luges on... very excited to see and partake in the local cheese fest, too
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    I'm bringing a huge ice luge (being way more careful with it to avoid the water pitting this year) and probably a million pigs in a blanket.

I'm getting sooooooo stoked!
    Ice luge == trouble. Can't wait!

Apparently there has been lots of progress made in the ice block business since I last bought one. One of my buddies had one at his halloween party last year, and was able to buy it 'ready to go'. The bottom was cut on an angle so it was freestanding, they drilled a couple of holes in the side to hold bottles of booze, and even had the "tracks" carved in. Pretty sweet.

Wait a minute... the Shed is closing, and there's going to be fungus at teh party?
    This thread just blew my mind in like a million ways. Details (or links) on all of the above, please!!

Also, my 5 gal of homebrew has turned more brown than pale and prolly less hoppy than expected.
    Should be a good time fall session beer right around 5%, and I don't plan on bringing any home so I hope y'all like it.

I can bring the kegerator if there's power available, or just the keg, gas, and party tap if there's a bucket full of ice.
    Either way is fine with me, which would be better? Kegerator has a 2 tap tower and can handle two 5 gallon kegs.
    If there's gonna be another 5 gal around just let me know and I'll haul it up, we can pour with class!!

Will post deets on the recipe in the homebrew thread soon for anyone who cares.
    Last edited by JayPowHound; 10-04-2011 at 05:59 PM.

Well, I guess I suck cuz I have to ask where is this brewhaha taking place? Is it like fight club? If I have to ask I cant go?!

^send BigDaddy a PM and he will get all the details to you. It's in Central Vermont between Killington and Middlebury.

Officially in, but no longer + 1 other.
    Last edited by tBatt; 10-04-2011 at 09:44 PM.

Bump for a great event . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Brewski2 View Post
    Well, I guess I suck cuz I have to ask where is this brewhaha taking place? Is it like fight club? If I have to ask I cant go?!
    Brewski... (and anyone else) PM me for directions, but let me know where you are coming from. Glad to have you!

http://unofficialnetworks.com/shed-r...ki-bums-44463/

Confirmed in person by friends and I spoke to them on the phone about sourcing one last keg of Mtn Ale and I was told nope.

Everyone needs to boycott the asshat that's kicking them out of their building to serve farm to table bullshit to rich new yorkers.

I know the Nail is always up for sale but I don't know that the Shed Family can handle that nut. $2,000,000.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Wait a minute... the Shed is closing, and there's going to be fungus at teh party?
    This thread just blew my mind in like a million ways. Details (or links) on all of the above, please!!

Also, my 5 gal of homebrew has turned more brown than pale and prolly less hoppy than expected.
    Should be a good time fall session beer right around 5%, and I don't plan on bringing any home so I hope y'all like it.

I can bring the kegerator if there's power available, or just the keg, gas, and party tap if there's a bucket full of ice.
    Either way is fine with me, which would be better? Kegerator has a 2 tap tower and can handle two 5 gallon kegs.
    If there's gonna be another 5 gal around just let me know and I'll haul it up, we can pour with class!!

Will post deets on the recipe in the homebrew thread soon for anyone who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by highanxiety View Post
    Looking forward to this event, always a good time, especially when we get to make turns the morning of...

who is that dirty whore?!

looking forward to the party! no brass knuckles
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

Quote Originally Posted by gpetrics View Post
    who is that dirty whore?!

looking forward to the party! no brass knuckles
    See you there, GP.

j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

also, BD - can save me a good spot to park this year!?!?!

THX!

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    also, BD - can save me a good spot to park this year!?!?!

THX!
    No problem... (especially for my favorite Yankee fan!)

RESERVED FOR ML242:

Also, I'm installing a metal detector at the entrance, so everyone leave their weapons at home. Only olive branches accepted...

jgb@etree Guest
    BD: Is there cell coverage (verizon) at your place?

Verizon (my service, too) sucks up there. You can go down the road 10 minutes though, and get service in about a one block area (in Rochester center).

AT&T is finishing up a new tower 1/2 mile from my house, but I have no idea when it will go online. (I just e-mailed the select-chairwoman and so I may know soon.)

UPDATE: It should be done for the party. Supposed to online next week.

Basically, you will be "out of range", in other words, the party will be off the hook.
    Last edited by BigDaddy; 10-05-2011 at 03:44 PM.

I'll contribute my apple coleslaw and hopefully I'll have time to make some jalapeno mac and cheese. Got room in the car for anyone that wants to carpool from the NYC area.

Ill make it back this one of these days.
    Have fun folks
    Live

In +1 non-mag friend. Not sure yet what I'll bring as a side but I will definitely have some Wasmund's Rye Spirit for those who might like 124 proof artisanal distillates from Sperryville, VA.
    If it's too loud, you're too old

Damn,... saw the post and thought you'd be there M.

Anyone who has any recent (or good oldies) ski movies, please throw them in your bag. Hoping to get Meathead's "Prime Cut" by U-day, but delivery is unsure.

Last edited by BigDaddy; 10-06-2011 at 09:40 AM.

I would love to watch 1999 again. TC has it.

Good call... I have 1999 and The Wall. Also bringing my wedding video... (it's really good.)

Hi BigDaddy! I'm excited about Ullrfest in VT! I wish I could be there. I wanted to update everyone on the Freeride Systems Antero jacket donation. The jackets are currently in production and they should be ready for the fest!

I hope it helps the group raise tons of cash!! Maybe you could have a stein holding competition where everyone chips in $5 to play and the winner gets the Antero? That might be fun...

Much love and peace!!

XOXOXO
    I really do want world peace...

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Anyone who has any recent (or good oldies) ski movies, please throw them in your bag. Hoping to get Meathead's "Prime Cut" by U-day, but delivery is unsure.
    What are your thoughts on old not-Blizzard-of-Ahhs Greg Stump? My favorites are the really crazy ones like Time Waits for Snowman, but some folks can't stand them...
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Good call... I have 1999 and The Wall. Also bringing my wedding video... (it's really good.)
    you got it Big D, I will bring walls and 1999, just in case, along with some old stump, blizzard, time waits for snowman, maltese, and the good the rad and gnarly. Throw back options would be nice.