Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Paging Owens!!!

Paging Owens!!!

Given the amount of participation, concern, and involvement of the maggots recently about slides, I'd like to request a new forum dedicated to the discussion of avalanches.

I think it would be beneficial for our community to spend more time discussing snow safety and to have a forum about it. We've already had too many maggots involved in slides this year, and hopefully a section dedicated to the discussion of slides will help end this pattern. Thanks, Brett

"Snow Conditions and weather"

JONG.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlurredElevens
    Given the amount of participation, concern, and involvement of the maggots recently about slides, I'd like to request a new forum dedicated to the discussion of avalanches.

I think it would be beneficial for our community to spend more time discussing snow safety and to have a forum about it. We've already had too many maggots involved in slides this year, and hopefully a section dedicated to the discussion of slides will help end this pattern. Thanks, Brett
    Seconded and also it's about time you reminded people how we can donate to help with the overhead you carry while running this great resource.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver
    "Snow Conditions and weather"
    Werd...I'm not looking but doesn't it say discuss snowpack, etc.?
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

What the Beav said.

I'd be happy to move all pertinant posts in there though. Or if everyone feels that there is a need for just an avi forum, sure - why not? I'm easy.
    When you're feeling down, just remember: It's always darkest before it goes pitch .... fucking.... black.

BTW - did you ever come up with a preferred method of donations/etc?

If we do it over there we should have it organized by location. Utah, Colorado, etc, etc. That way you can check observations in your local area.

Maybe just an ongoing thread like T-tips has with the Wasatch thread.

weather and snow conditions is just that, weather and snow conditions.

Having a ton of info on avies without having to sift through posts like "it's 70 degrees and sunny here in Florida" or " it's raining at mt. X" would probably help people more.

However, I think the biggest benefit of having a forum dedicated to it would be to help put an exclamation mark on the importance of avalance safety. Does someone have to die before people get serious about this issue? Damn. That's just my opinion. Thanks for the sweet board Owens.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead
    If we do it over there we should have it organized by location. Utah, Colorado, etc, etc. That way you can check observations in your local area.

Maybe just an ongoing thread like T-tips has with the Wasatch thread.
    Could we just sticky some threads of each state at the top so he doesn't have to create a forum for each one? I think all the info in one place should be the goal.

If you use it they will come. Drop the knowledge Blurred.

Angry

Could we just sticky some threads of each state at the top so he doesn't have to create a forum for each one? I think all the info in one place should be the goal.
    SHUT THE FUCK UP, BEATER! GO TAKE YOUR MEDS OR GIVE YOUR DAD HIS DAILY HUMMER!

Quote Originally Posted by ButtfuctElevens
    And blurred has just turned a very good thoughtout nice well meaning thread into a retarted flamewar, thing before typing dude
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey
    I start fires
    My Montana has an East Infection

tuffy 1O9 Guest
    Shoot the hostage akpm, shoot the hostage.

Quote Originally Posted by ButtfuctElevens
    Quote Originally Posted by AKPM
    And blurred has just turned a very good thoughtout nice well meaning thread into a retarted flamewar, thing before typing dude
    Interestingly enough it wasn't actually blurred this time (he actually seems to be a positive influence on this thread) , but one of the many faux-blurred aliases floating around here. Rather convincingly deceptive if I may say so myself.

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey
    WTF is wrong with you AKPM. Seriously, how much crack do you smoke? Read the thread again. The only way Blurred would be starting a flame war is if it is with himself meaning he is also "buttfuctelevens". I doubt that is the case. (although I'm sure some would beg to differ)
    "Whoever said skiing on fat skis is like having sex with a fat chick, has obviously never had sex with a fat chick." -Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by Castro's
    The only way Blurred would be starting a flame war is if it is with himself meaning he is also "buttfuctelevens". I doubt that is the case. (although I'm sure some would beg to differ)
    Don't be too sure. When he was banned by ons, brett had upwards of 15 aliases...

I'm just posting to be cool.
    If summit has his own forum, then blurred should have one too.
    Avoid employing unlucky people - throw half of the pile of resume's in the bin without reading them.

Quote Originally Posted by natty dread
    Don't be too sure. When he was banned by ons, brett had upwards of 15 aliases...
    I know. It could be possible, but I'm just hoping that it isn't.
    "Whoever said skiing on fat skis is like having sex with a fat chick, has obviously never had sex with a fat chick." -Jack Handy

tuffy 1O9 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by natty dread
    I heard it was 2009 to be exact, including you.

Quote Originally Posted by tuffy 1O9
    I heard it was 2009 to be exact, including you.
    dood thats iceman

I am he as he is me as we are he as we are all together.........

& poeple please drop all the faux brett aliases, its about as entertaining as Desperate housewives starring Oprah, Roseanne, and Cindy Lauper

Owens,
    I also have a request, please lock and Kill the "who hates to be the last post on a thread" thread. THank you

Duker

weather and snow conditions is just that, weather and snow conditions.

Having a ton of info on avies without having to sift through posts like "it's 70 degrees and sunny here in Florida" or " it's raining at mt. X" would probably help people more.

However, I think the biggest benefit of having a forum dedicated to it would be to help put an exclamation mark on the importance of avalance safety. Does someone have to die before people get serious about this issue? Damn. That's just my opinion. Thanks for the sweet board Owens.

Actually Blurred- it is 34 degrees tonight in Tampa. Mind taking your weather back? It does me no good at 45 ft elevation.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog
    Actually Blurred- it is 34 degrees tonight in Tampa. Mind taking your weather back? It does me no good at 45 ft elevation.
    So pray for precipitation and do a first decent down Space Mountain.

So pray for precipitation and do a first decent down Space Mountain.
    No matter how you cut it, skiing space mountain isn't going to be "decent"