business as usual

Finally getting around to hitting some of my favorite stuff again. It's been a great summer of riding even though I was gimped up and stuck in the Bangtails for half of it

It actually rained once this month and I got to check out on of my favorite trails all tacked up!

This guy likes to ride his bike

Doesn't matter where, really, as long as there's lot of rocks:

For the east coasters:

The sanction, finally back to suitable habitat.

If pnut ever gets his act together, you'll get to see some filthy helmet cam action from the trail, but otherwise it was non stop shredtember so no photos.

On another fine day, I convinced a fellow traverler to go on a mission of a different kind.
    It involved driving a very long crappy road to ride 9 miles further on an even crappier part of the same road. Loose rocks, standing water, running water, and atv carnage abounded. What more could you ask for?

To climb a beautiful peak in the middle of nowhere and have a bike to ride back out. Beats the shit out of Walking 20 miles on a mining road by about 4 hours. You don't wanna see any pictures of the road though, nor do you wanna bring a cross country bike there. At a certain point you gotta ditch the bike though, and get up on some piles of rock.

Doggie guide leads the way:

The big ones:

South:

Don't try and keep up with this lady on a bike, and don't try and outrun her dog!

The road and our bikes are down there somewhere, civilization very far away:

Time well spent. Wanna use the bike for more stuff like that in the future.
    Last edited by tone capone; 09-26-2011 at 02:57 AM.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

I could go on all day about that, but back to the riding.

Got to do one of my favorites on the perfect day at the perfect time. Trail wasn't in bad shape either. I love sunset downhilling.

I love riding in the alpine more than anything.

This anonymous individual knows he's gonna have a good time.

Cheers

It don't get much better than this in my book.

Down into the twilight:

Next was a trip to gnarbar pass. A very shitty trail goes to gnarbar pass, but we specialize in shitty trails. This particular shitty loose rock trail hasn't seen rain in two months, and the tread was as close as one can get on this earth to setting tires on the moon, I imagine. What's wrong with me and my friends that we think such things are fun? Don't worry about it.

"So much beauty in dirt" (and rocks)

MMMMMMmmmm kitty litter and death cookies for lunch...

Can't be too safe up here at gnarbar pass, just don't drink too many refreshments before droppin in.

Dude, mon, no endos at the crux of gnar bar pass.

Dust mop doggie downhillin:

shoulda super glued sections of sticky nevegals to her paws for this one.

It goes on from there, but it gets down and dirty so no more pics. My buddies have some really good ones as well, I'll try and get 'em.

Cheers to the people and places that make riding so damn fun. Hope to see more of you on a trail somewhere.
    Last edited by tone capone; 09-26-2011 at 12:05 PM.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

TC -

Thanks for sharing some quality stoke. It's good to see you on the mend from your gimpification.

damn - always good for the soul

Tone, I don't know anything about mountain biking, but I always click on and read your sprocket TRs because I know you have these stunning photos that make my heart soar and inspire me to go for a hike or run out in the wilderness! This time was no exception.

Also, this would freak me the fuck out!!

It's like a scary death traverse at Alta, except a lot dustier, rockier and no soft snow to pad your landing if you fall....

Thanks for the writeup, really enjoyed cheers

Really glad you enjoy the perspective. Doesn't matter the where, what, who, or how. Just that you're inspired! That might look scary, but nowhere near as scary to me as those skinny logs 10 feet off the ground they call trails in canukistan.