Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Okay - next question. Is 14-16 week lead time for an EE quilt to ship worth it? (I sh*t you not, that's their updated shipping wait) Is their product really worth that wait? I mean, holy f*ck, that's a ridiculous length of time to wait for a sleeping garment, isn't it?
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    Okay - next question. Is 14-16 week lead time for an EE quilt to ship worth it?
    Yes, if you get it spec'd the way you want it. That's how custom gear works.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    How about compressibility? Does the 900 compress noticeably more than the 850?
    Not that you could notice

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve View Post
    Yes, if you get it spec'd the way you want it. That's how custom gear works.
    To be fair, most bag makers (including EE) don't usually have a 4-month wait. Spring must be a super-busy time of the year for them.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    To be fair, most bag makers (including EE) don't usually have a 4-month wait. Spring must be a super-busy time of the year for them.
    That was my thought - while I'm aware, and accepting, of the fact that a custom product takes more time, 4 months seems highly excessive.

That being said, their customer service continues to impress with their communication - heard back from them again this morning and, for those of you interested, they said that, while both the 10D and 20D fabrics have a DWR coating, the 20D fabric is quite a bit more water-proof. They recommended that, if being used often in a bivy, the 10D fabric, possibly with the 20D stripes, as the 20D fabric is less breathable than the 10D.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

I'll just add that the 10d fabric is extremely breathable for a downproof fabric. You can actually push breath right through it, which should make the bag considerably easier to dry. I went for the full 10d option and water resistant down with fast drying times in mind.

^^^ how have you found the durability? I don't abuse my gear, and would love to go with the 10D, but also want to make sure it will stand up to the standard abuse of an outdoor bag. I'll definitely be going with the water resistant down.

Anyone have experience with a Stephenson Warmlite Triple sleeping bag? It appears to be an all-in-one. I am contemplating selling my 2 EE Revs 30* and 0*, going with a Triple, and calling it good.

^^^ how have you found the durability? I don't abuse my gear, and would love to go with the 10D, but also want to make sure it will stand up to the standard abuse of an outdoor bag. I'll definitely be going with the water resistant down.
    I've only had the bag for about a year or two and haven't really put it through much abuse, so I can't speak to long term durability, but I don't see why you couldn't get a long life out of this bag. Sleeping bags are one area where I'm less concerned, since I'm usually sleeping on a full length pad anyway. The most abuse my bag tends to see is if its blowing in the wind hanging out to dry or laid out on some slick rock. I've got hundreds of nights on my katabitic sawatch and thats held up great.

Okay - next question. Is 14-16 week lead time for an EE quilt to ship worth it? (I sh*t you not, that's their updated shipping wait) Is their product really worth that wait? I mean, holy f*ck, that's a ridiculous length of time to wait for a sleeping garment, isn't it?
    For those who don't want to wait 4 months or drop $$$: my wife and I just bought Sea To Summit's TR1 superlight down bag. We're looking to use it in summer, travel and hut trips. 750 drytek down, rated to 50F. Total weight is 13.7oz and the 4x9" stuff sack compresses down to 1.55L; about a grapefruit. This is about the same/better than a regular/slim 800fill 50F Convert from Enlightened. I'm sure theirs is nicer, but with 20% off at REI, $160 for a similar bag is very agreeable.

I'm impressed so far with the build and look, but we didn't get to use them last month in Oman, as they were stuck in transit.... They can unzip to be a quilt or zip together into a double quilt. They make MH Phantom 32F look quite bulky!

Pulled the trigger on a 40* enigma - wide/regular, 20D exterior fabric (as it will be used in summer as a stand-alone and winter as an over-bag). Will report back in 4-5 months when I receive it

Anyone looking to get rid of a quilt? 6'3" 195lbs. Not looking to go crazy on price but get these arent cheap. I want to try this option been pondering for a while now.

PM me if ya got something youre looking to sell. Thanks