Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Did you rout out the underside of the plates away from edges/holes, or are they solid? Any idea of weight?
    Been thinking along very similar lines myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Island Bay View Post
    Did you rout out the underside of the plates away from edges/holes, or are they solid? Any idea of weight?
    Been thinking along very similar lines myself.
    The undersides have been milled out, but only in a basic pattern. These were machined for me pro bono so I tried to minimize the milling time. CAD had the weight estimate at 120g for the toe and 150g for the heel. That's some serious heft (my randogeek buddy almost crumpled when he picked up my On3p + plates + metal Solly combo) but the weight doesn't bother me for resort skiing. A lot of weight could be dropped with more extensive shelling. I'll throw up some pics tonight.

WANT - still any thought of making these Jon?

Quote Originally Posted by jondrums View Post
    I blew off the last hour and made the design. 7mm rise in the toes for dynafit/dynafit radical/plum bindings. Mounts with the Duke toe pattern. Should sell for about $65/pair.

Attachment 100811

Attachment 100812

Quote Originally Posted by snoboy View Post
    I blew off the last hour and made the design. 7mm rise in the toes for dynafit/dynafit radical/plum bindings. Mounts with the Duke toe pattern. Should sell for about $65/pair.

Attachment 100811

Attachment 100812
    DITTO^^^^

and 1000 Oaks...

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    I emailed Plum a link to this thread when I first posted it, and Alexis told me they would do something like this and asked me to not say anything about it until they had the design finalized in a month or so. That was several months ago and it's been discussed in the other Plum thread, so might as well let the cat out of the bag on this thread too.

Hopefully Plum unveils their design soon...the snow will be here any time. Hopefully Alexis leaving the company didn't derail the new "fat ski" adapter/baseplate plans.
    Were you discussing the idea of a wider footprint adapter plate with Plum/Alexis (which I believe is available now).. or a modified Plum base plate that would allow its use flat utilizing heel Duke/Baron holes like your initial idea in this thread was.. which could then be used with the above jondrum adapter plate..??
    'To quote my bro
    "We're not K2. We're a bunch of maggots running one press at full steam building killer fukkin skis and putting smiles on our friends' faces." ' - skifishbum '08

"Adios Hugh you asshole" - Ghostofcarl '14

believe...

Quote Originally Posted by snoboy View Post
    I want, also.
    "... when I turn, I just hope it hits me in the face."--Shroder Baker/Under the Influence

Yet another want. Make them and I will buy them.

For those of you who want plates to get 7mm rise in the toes, I'll be selling just the toeplates from the SollyFit kit. Its not the duke mounting pattern, but it is a 50mm wide mounting platform. As of now, I'm not planning to make the plates I proposed earlier in this thread.

For me it's not about the rise. It is about the ability to make a slick swap system between the Duke and the Dynafits. I realize that this only really is workable for a limited range of BSL and thus probably a limited market for you Jon.

I am shopping for alu bar stock now I guess... wish I had a drill press!

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaus View Post
    Yet another want. Make them and I will buy them.
    Same here

Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    ^ Rot beat me to it. I picked up a pair of Radical FT's to adapt to the Duke pattern by using a spacer/adapter under the toe (haven't made one yet) and by adding two holes to the heel baseplate. (The Radical FT heel baseplate seems to have slightly more beef than the Radical ST where the forward Marker heel holes go.) And with Dynafit's new Radical brake/baseplate being available separately, it's easy to get more FT baseplates for the same amount of money as Vertical brakes by themselves.

Picked up these wide 13mm-head screws for the front Marker holes, though they might interfere with the brakes. http://www.ebay.com/itm/170900124858 Using smaller button head screws with a strap of thin stainless across the top of the baseplate under the brake might be another option for maximum resistance to pull-through.

For those of you who want plates to get 7mm rise in the toes, I'll be selling just the toeplates from the SollyFit kit. Its not the duke mounting pattern, but it is a 50mm wide mounting platform. As of now, I'm not planning to make the plates I proposed earlier in this thread.
    Keep innovating John!! - no need to reinvent the wheel since B&D already makes a 1/4" dynafit toe shim.

in for later

Did you ever produce these?

Jondrums never started making these adapters. I never did either and eventually sold my Barons & Plums for Radical FT's, and then sold those for Ions, which didn't mesh with STH inserts, so I now have STH/CAST and Vipecs.

Can someone provide some backstory to me on why jondrums stopped making plates and went only the insert route? I tried PM'ing him but haven't heard back. I have CNC mill access and CAD experience. I wanted to make some new plates (potentially for the MTN lab binding), but I wanted to make sure I didn't step on toes / see what happened to the OG plates.

Jon sold binding freedom along with the plate designs to SVST.