Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    anybody notice the "last edited, and reason:" line on posts that have been edited?

I type random things in the "reason for edit" field, and wait for somebody to notice. It's a cry for help. Very cliché, I know.

I'll try to do better.

And I have definite opinions on the definition of bender, but I don't find it a topic of sufficient interest to embroil myself in the current battle.
    Hillshire Farm is sexy

Grab both cheeks and sink your teeth into the ass of life.

I doubt that it is the drinking that is affecting you health. I would blame your parents and the fact that you are a pussy. Wanna race?

Quote Originally Posted by Gordyman View Post
    Anybody else go on or know somebody who went on a bender after seeing the movie "Leaving Las Vegas"?
    No. But I wanted to do Elisabeth Shue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I got shitfaced 10 nights in a row after watching the movie "Leaving Las Vegas". I was 25 or so? I saw it in the theater alls by meself like a big boy!

I was renting a spare bedroom of a house in Ballard owned by a loud lady. My room was next to the living room where the loud lady would watch very loud tv until late at night. I was authorized to use the kitchen but I didn't, instead preferring to drink Guinness at a Conor Byrne.

I worked at a marine shop by the lochs, was too hungover most days for breakfast, ate a baloney sando for lunch, and felt like a million bucks by quitting time. I'd get plastered and ride my motorcycle either home or to Beth's Cafe (best fucking greasy spoon ever), for a wee hours eggs and bacon. Sometimes I'd do Denny's when I was too crocked to handle the crazyass alley parking behind Beth's. Knocked off both mirrors one night.

EDIT: I weighed a buck 45, I could run for miles (did it once, got bored, ran home), had the 6pack abs, and was basically a miserable confused fuck.
    Last edited by Gordyman; 09-22-2011 at 04:23 PM. Reason: see, you can write anything you want here, and most folks don't notice it!
    Hillshire Farm is sexy

Hugh Conway Guest
    Sweet jesus Gordyman you are a complete douchebag.

I feel like downing a fifth and smashing the empty bottle over my head to make the pain of reading your posts go away

I've gone from getting really shitfaced once in a while to a more frequent one cold beer with dinner or glass of wine, and never getting shitfaced. I don't think it's a net loss or gain as far as quantity consumed, although this is probably easier on my liver?

the only time i really LOVE a cold ass beer is after I get off a 36 or 48 hr shift. it's hot shower, then cold beer time... no matter what time of day!

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    I doubt that it is the drinking that is affecting you health. I would blame your parents and the fact that you are a pussy. Wanna race?
    Dude, you really know how to cut a guy down. When it comes to drinking I am a 90 lb weakling. For roughly 20 years I did not let my complete lack of natural talent stop me from trying to drink with the best of them. Finally I got tired of being worst player on the team, so I quit.

Not only that but, unless you are 30+ lbs overweight like me I wouldn't stand a chance in a foot race, or really any other kind of race, except maybe an eating race. I'm a good eater.

And since you called me out, how old are you?
    Hillshire Farm is sexy

Quote Originally Posted by BeanDip4All View Post
    the only time i really LOVE a cold ass beer is after I get off a 36 or 48 hr shift. it's hot shower, then cold beer time... no matter what time of day!
    then? you obviously have not discovered the magic of drinking a beer IN the shower.

Quote Originally Posted by mc_roon View Post
    then? you obviously have not discovered the magic of drinking a beer IN the shower.
    FTMFW!!!
    I think you have me confused with someone who is far less awesome.

Ice cold beer, hot shower are the best. I may put a cooler by my shower for multi-drink showers.

Quote Originally Posted by mc_roon View Post
    +1 on the showerbeer. I have introduced that to all my roommates over the years, spreading the good word.
    Quote Originally Posted by freezorburn View Post
    Listen Pin head "furious masturbation" is not the answer for everything! More of a back up plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    You gotta admit, with the right jeans, everybody looks pretty fuckable.

Nothing like a long run for working out life's stressors. Never really acheived Tourette's status but I definitely can understand the idea. Amazing how clarity magically appears after 3 or 4 miles, and after 6 or 7 you're goddam King Solomon. Cycling works too, and easier on the joints, but nothing matches the time to burn ratio both physically and mentally from running.
    "We need sometimes to escape into open solitudes, into aimlessness, into the moral holiday of running some pure hazard, in order to sharpen the edge of life, to taste hardship, and to be compelled to work desperately for a moment at no matter what. -George Santayana, The Philosophy of Travel

...it would probably bother me more if I wasn't quite so heavily sedated. -David St. Hubbins, This Is Spinal Tap

seems to me that this is not the "non drinking thread"
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    seems to me that this is not the "non drinking thread"
    I'm sorry, but this is not the thread you were looking for. To find the "Non-drinking thread" you will need to subscribe to a different forum.
    "We need sometimes to escape into open solitudes, into aimlessness, into the moral holiday of running some pure hazard, in order to sharpen the edge of life, to taste hardship, and to be compelled to work desperately for a moment at no matter what. -George Santayana, The Philosophy of Travel

...it would probably bother me more if I wasn't quite so heavily sedated. -David St. Hubbins, This Is Spinal Tap

"It is all good and nifty except that my stress level is high and the last two times I did the blood pressure test on that machine in the drug store the results were alarming."

Hi Gordyman, congratulations on dialing back on the substances. Unfortunately, I have two ex-beaux that were alcoholics. Awesome men when they were sober, but icky when wasted. I can party with the best of them, but I never slept on the street in San Francisco or said rude shit to my friends like they did when drunk. It sounds like you had physical repercussions from alcohol instead of issues like they did.

With regards to the blood pressure and stress, one of the best results I have seen to reduce stress is meditation. I know that might sound hippie-ish and all, but it really helps a busy-minded person like myself to calm my mind and get back into my body. One of the easiest types of meditation is to sit in a quiet place and focus on your breathing or heart rate for 10-15 minutes. If you mind wanders, which it will, just gently bring the focus back to your body. It will be hard to do at first, but you will get the hang of it. Do it as much as you can... I'm telling you, it does wonders... I promise... Love to you and best wishes.

-Nichole

One of my brothers meditates. It took a high-stress, over-acheiving wild man and turned him into a dork.

We've been trying to figure out how to get him back for a while now.

I think I've figured this all out: drink while meditating.

Why are you so stressed out? What is the cause?