Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Definitely gotta do this. Thinking December 18th-22nd or January 7th-10th ish timeframe. I'd also like to fill a cat with mags. Probably have 2-5 buddies of my own that would come too. How many to fill at Cat, anyone know?

I don't know about this operation, but the other cats I have been on have seats for 12 guests, not including the driver or the passenger in the cab.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Fuck ya I'm in. 4 of us are in for January 9th/10th in an "expert cat".

Zesty not Spicy is the fucking man.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Yeah, $707 deal.

I already spoke with one dude and he's thinks 1/14-15 is do able. Gal is suppose to call me back in an hour for final confirm? It would be great to be on the cat that weekend.
    That weekend is just out of the "low season" and would not be available for the $707 deal... not sure if you noticed that or not.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Picked one of these up...

Groupon site says 12-14 riders per cat. Looks like we'll have enough for multiple maggot days. Should we start a consolidated thread in S/S with everyones trip dates?

This is gonna be sick guys!

hell ya. got a 2 person 2 day. its gonna be rad.

also 2 day is sold out btw. Got room in your cat there Alex?

FKNA in a bad way. Sold out? FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

a friend and I booked a one day cat ski. Still an awesome deal! We're going to mix this in with a week long ski trip through Rossland, Nelson, Revelstoke..

Looking for the 15th-16th as well (experts). has anyone actually reserved yet? I'll call them tomorrow.

If this is what they call "low season" count me in

God dammit I want, I'll check some finances but a 1 day trip during winter break in the low season would be prime.

I'd love to be in a cat with people that can shred, I am not going to drop that kind of coin and drive across the border to ski low angle pow fields all day. If anyone else is thinking of getting a cat filled any time between December 20th and January 2nd, please PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by |K_M| View Post
    I'd love to be in a cat with people that can shred, I am not going to drop that kind of coin and drive across the border to ski low angle pow fields all day.
    From my limited experience on cat trips, you don't have to be able to "shred" to keep up with a reasonably quick group. You just have to not suck: the cat moves slowly, so you just have to be able to ski fast enough to beat it to the bottom pick-up point. This basically means that you have to be able to ski powder and not flounder for 30 minutes trying to get up if you fall.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

There was some ambiguity between the Big Red website's low season and the groupon dates. Paula was nice enough to let me book two in the expert only cat 1/13 & 14.
    The two day deal sold out, but there are still single days available.

My bud and I will be by far the best in the cat, but we don't mind waiting for some of you slackers as long as your buying drinks at the end of the day!

Quote Originally Posted by |K_M| View Post
    I'd love to be in a cat with people that can shred, I am not going to drop that kind of coin and drive across the border to ski low angle pow fields all day. If anyone else is thinking of getting a cat filled any time between December 20th and January 2nd, please PM me!
    PM sent....booked for Dec 31/Jan1, and doing another day at Red likely on Jan2. FYI - I snowplow really fast, especially in powder so just make sure you can keep up

friend and I are doing March 17th. Does anyone have info for the area? Like touring options in Rogers Pass, Revelstoke, Nelson? Are the areas pretty easy to access via skins?

Booked to ski Jan 13-14. Sounds like spots are filling up fast. They had very few housing options available the first 2 weeks in Janaury.

Also, tax isn't included so factor in another $77.80 if you purchased the two day option.

Rogers Pass is a good 5-6 hour drive from Rossland FYI. I've never skied Red, but from everything I've heard it (and Mt. Roberts next door) are a must-do.

Many dates are now reserved. Our group couldn't get any of the dates we originally planned for. They have an "Uber Expert" cat on the weekend of March 24-25. We have a group of 4 confirmed with 2 more pending. I'm not sure how many spots are available on this cat but check it out if you still need to book your trip.

Quote Originally Posted by AlpenDude View Post
    Many dates are now reserved. Our group couldn't get any of the dates we originally planned for. They have an "Uber Expert" cat on the weekend of March 24-25. We have a group of 4 confirmed with 2 more pending. I'm not sure how many spots are available on this cat but check it out if you still need to book your trip.
    What's "uber expert" mean?

Still working on dates for my trip w/ Mrs. C. -- should know more by mid-afternoon today.

^^
    More hucking. May require a small huck to enter a run.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    The two day deal sold out, but there are still single days available!
    Thank God, just saw this and if I had tried to squeeze this in too, the wife would have been kicking my ass Have fun guys and gals.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Just booked our trip: March 23-24 on the cat, in "expert" or "advanced" group. We'll fly in to Spokane on the 22nd and drive up to Rossland that day.

booked Cat on 1/12 & 1/13, psyched
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

can this still happen?