Page 87 of 98 FirstFirst ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 2427
    Nisqually chutes were pretty damn good

SW ridge of Granite went great yesterday. 3000' of verts off the top down to the trail. Firm and fast on the ridge, schmoo in the basin SW of Granite, not so bad not too dirty crud in the trees. This time of year, best to take a left at the trail fork (towards Olallie Lake), cross the main stream then hike/skin N on the ridge W of the stream to the basin, i.e., Volken's West Granite route to the basin, then gain Granite's SW ridge at c. 4300'.
    Last edited by Big Steve; 04-16-2012 at 12:25 PM.

Did an overnighter to Snow Lake in the Tatoosh and skied the Unicorn Environs on Saturday and Sunday. Arrived at Narada parking lot about 10:30AM and and left about 45 minutes later. We took our time getting into camp, arriving at about 2:30PM. After setting up camp and hanging out for a bit, we took an evening tour to the ridge adjacent to Unicorn Saddle. The notch was filled with debris, which made the booting a little tricky. Views of Rainier from the ridge were outstanding. Had a great ski down on a few inches of carvable crust over a firm and well consolidated base. Enjoyed a perfect night in camp with absolutely no wind and plenty of beer. Left camp around 9AM the next morning and made our way to Unicorn Saddle. Great skinable snow on the way up until it got too steep and then we kicked steps to the saddle where we were met with outrageous views of Adams, Hood and Helens to the south and Rainier to the north. Dropped in from the saddle to firm but edgable conditions. Cut skiers right after our descent and skied the open field below the summit block and above the chutes to the lake. Again, carvable. Unfortunately, the chutes to the lake were another matter. Things were good until the roll over where it quickly turned to dust on crust and chunky. It was barely edgable. Definitely a few tense moments, especially for my partner on the splitter. The descent required more of a technical ski as opposed to the carefree, wide open descent I had pictured. Toured back to camp across the lake where we decided to lounge in the sun and finish the beer rather than make another run. Packed up camp and headed for home about 3PM.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1180258...toosh414And415

Closing Weekend at Willamette Pass.

nice to see snow falling out my door again!

Some footage from this season. I'm not ready for winter to be over...
    there is powder out there, and it ain't gonna find you

https://powaholic.blogspot.com/

videos of chair 2 belong in the padded seats thread imo
    respect
    bobby

I'm the best TELESKIER IN THE PNW.

MSH last weekend was amazing. If you see a sunny day in the mountains get out there because the buttery corn is delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by vdRONdripper View Post
    I'm the best TELESKIER IN THE PNW.
    Fantastic for you.
    Yawn.

MSH was pretty fun, and certainly pretty. Appeared as though the cloud cover prevented a decent freeze overnight, so it was damned gloppy except for the first 500 feet or so. Skin/ski from the MM snowpark.

Anyone recognize/been to this mountain? Took this image from a video, mountain is unnamed. To get to the base its about 2.5 mi 1.5k from tunnel creek. The image was taken from cowboy. Anyone want to check it out sometime?

Muir snowfield/ Nisqually chutes nice yesterday-- corning up.

Predict ~2 weeks left of able to ski to the bridge.

Things are MUCH thinner than last year up high in MRNP (8k & above).
    "In the end, these things matter most: how well did you love? How fully did you live? How deeply did you let go?" - Buddha

"Come back alive, come back as friends, get to the top-in that order." -Mark Twight

Quote Originally Posted by jesski View Post
    Muir snowfield/ Nisqually chutes nice yesterday-- corning up.

Predict ~2 weeks left of able to ski to the bridge.

Things are MUCH thinner than last year up high in MRNP (8k & above).
    What time did you head down? Wonder if I met you.

From just above the chutes:

Quote Originally Posted by stoepstyle View Post

Anyone recognize/been to this mountain? Took this image from a video, mountain is unnamed. To get to the base its about 2.5 mi 1.5k from tunnel creek. The image was taken from cowboy. Anyone want to check it out sometime?
    trapper peak. its quite a walk to get back there. only room for two from the top chute. Pretty awesome line.

Probably not as skiable as you think. I wouldn't waste my time in the spring, but it would be sweet in mid winter pow.
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

dude thats conifer bluff to bent tree spine just below the plateau. the runnout to the lower clearing is sketchy
    shhh. it is hidden near a forest area so we should keep it secret.
    watch out for the undergrowth
    bobby

Quote Originally Posted by stoepstyle View Post

. I've also heard trapper called K-9 by the peak bagging crowd, but since you're talking about skiing, trapper... I agree, with Z. It would be best served as a pow run.

I rode the peak lookers left of it a couple times this past winter.

from a few weeks ago..

Last edited by Ale_capone; 04-23-2012 at 11:50 AM.

Brad!

Were you skinning with a girl with a board on her back and snowshoes on her feet? Maybe you dropped the chute left of ours right after us? If so, we passed you on the way to Muir!

But yeah, I think if we'd actually chatted, I'd remember ; )

Jessie
    "In the end, these things matter most: how well did you love? How fully did you live? How deeply did you let go?" - Buddha

"Come back alive, come back as friends, get to the top-in that order." -Mark Twight

Quote Originally Posted by AlpenChronicHabitual View Post
    Fantastic for you.
    Yawn.
    I learned on Telemarktips "Way-Off-Topic" that "Gapers" have a gap between their hat and goggles. Lets see yours, post up pictures of your gap with your looong boards. I'll still lay trenchs around you.

Quote Originally Posted by vdRONdripper View Post
    I learned on Telemarktips "Way-Off-Topic" that "Gapers" have a gap between their hat and goggles.
    Really?

[sarcasm]
    I
    did
    not
    know
    that.
    [/sarcasm]

does the teleposer even know what mountain we ride on?
    pretty sure the only trench he'll dig is the one his head makes tumbling down l'internationals flank.
    ach n pals will gladly introduce you to Alpentals riches.
    bobby

Quote Originally Posted by Ale_capone View Post

^^ winning. This is magic.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    does the teleposer even know what mountain we ride on?
    pretty sure the only trench he'll dig is the one his head makes tumbling down l'internationals flank.
    ach n pals will gladly introduce you to Alpentals riches.
    bobby
    Yes I've been down elderWUSS bowl. Schweitzer has way more snow don't hate a shralper for it.

Ohmigod. Schweitzer is the flattest most boring mountain in the northwest. No wonder you shred so hard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using TGR Forums
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Any bellingham mags shopping for skis? I've got some demos to sell off.