Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    that's awesome. great TR. post some pics, eh?

i love squaw. way to git after history, boyz.

middle knuckle.

all time baby. all time. i still have a huge buzz.

Glad that you guys got through… sounds like an amazing trip.
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

Thumbs up

Way to go fellas. Glad it all worked out.

that is so sweet! so glad ou guys rallied and hit the big storms! maybe road trip of the year (to date).

now, i am kicking myself for not going up last night to hit it today....after reading posts like this, seeing all the $, sweat, toil and effort peeps put in to hit a blower day in Tahoe...well, makes me feel spoiled and shamed for not hitting every storm....

Plan is to slay it tomorrow (providing I didn't totally screw up my call of Wed being "the day", and in fact, today becomes "the day" and they pop everything @ Alpine...)

But I digress...again, great TR, nice work lads!

Awesome TR!

That makes me sooo pumped for tomorrow at Mammy. Stoked that motivating and schlepping panned out for you guys!

You have to be thinking:
    <hannibal smith> "I love it when a plan comes together"<hannibal smith>
    He who has the most fun wins!

Jealous...starting to seethe...

No, actually glad you guys got some. Watching all the Ta ho's get some I've come to accept, just not used to having the Boston crew rub my face in it too.
    [quote][//quote]

1st round of pictures: getting there is half the battle, into the maw of the 'gurge

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo

12:20 am PST - Hour 11 - Finally landed, found AKP in baggage claim, picked up Expedition. The thing is sick. Leather interior, navigation system, back seats that recline, etc…but no tape deck, which is a chafe for iPod compatibility. Later find that Basom has an iTrip, but only his iPod will work...which means we will be forced to listen to They Might Be Giants and The Crash Test Dummies all trip. Pick Basom and Bill up in Oakland @ 2:45. They are looking autumn-harvest-steezariffic. Totally sickbird. On road at 2:50 am.
    bill and i show up at the oaktown airport. realize we have three hours to kill. stoke out the best we can.

The Mobile Command Unit arrives. its go time.

gonzo: ringleader

bill: wretched storm chaser

APK: just trying to get some, stupid law school

into the maw

5:45 am - Hour 16 - In 24 hour Safeway parking lot, Pollock Pines, CA. Rt. 50 is closed until 10:00 am, or so they say. Everyone we meet is jacked up on crystal meth. A really nice man asked us for a ride to Tahoe. Unfortunately we don't have enough room for him. He seems really nice though.
    its the full on gurge at the pines

bill gets in some good reading, sleeping is not comming easy for any of us.

10:00 am - After working our way back into a good spot, Cpt. Farva of the Pollock Pines PD (no joke - that was his name) shows up and starts telling people to get the fuck out of town, go west and go home. Apparently 50 is not going to open for a long time. Avy control and clean-up still pending. We decide to head back down to Placerville and develop a plan. No one else we can think to call has any ideas.
    no ideas? cool, lets flash some gang signs

10:15 am - Heading back down to Placerville, twisting one up, we get the call from Arty that 80 is open. We haul ass down, north up 49 to 80.
    pretty close to hitting the wall, in need of some hope, just praying we get over the pass

no stopping! no guests! no plans!

11:30 am - Hour 22 - Nearly stop to ski the resort up top of Donner Pass. Sugarbowl? Wind is honking and snow is coming down hard. Decide to head all the way down to avoid getting caught out of Tahoe again.

the road right at homewood. we are speachless.

and finaly, the house of kings, casa de la Meyer

skiing pics (minimal) to follow when bill gets back.

Schweet.

edg
    Do you realize that you've just posted an admission of ignorance so breathtaking that it disqualifies you from commenting on any political or economic threads from here on out?

That fucking ROCKS.
    It's idomatic, beatch.

And you didn't have to eat each other to survive. Of course, that would have been killin' it.

nice bottle of piss btw

Nice Base! I miss it already...hopefully Billy-boy is schralping it for us. I wonder if he is going to get out?

This basically sums up the driving conditions for approx. 300 of the 633 miles...all up in the maw of the 'gurge.

Craig Kelly is my co-pilot.

Buy Your Lift Tickets in Advance and Save

Stars...They're just like Us!

Glad to see that you guys made time to read "the paper"

That is a hot little TR
    You know, there's like a butt-load of gangs at this school. This one gang kept wanting me to join because I'm pretty good with a bowstaff.

Quote Originally Posted by Honc
    Glad to see that you guys made time to read "the paper"
    Wish you were there man. When are you going to be able to get up?

They were skeptical of "the paper" at first, but everyone ended up reading it cover to cover...and they really are just like us!

Thumbs up

YES!!!!!!!!!!!
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

They were skeptical of "the paper" at first, but everyone ended up reading it cover to cover...
    i'm certain apk read it two, if not three times. really sorry to have missed you honc. make sure to thank your roomate for me. he did alright with his first effort. it really helped with the stressfull situations encountered in the MCU.

i miss it too gonzo

So did Brad and Jennifer really break up?

Now safe and sound in the library, 3000 miles away from the epicgnargnarmawgurgexxxtravaganza...but my watch and my brain are still very much on CA time. Sorry you couldn't make it, Honc, and sorry I didn't get to meet yuz. Next time...and there will be a next time...

Unreal. simply unreal. And no one deserved those turns more than you guys who took a huge chance going into the maw of the gurge.

That TR brought tears to my eyes (whether I'm happy for you or very, very sad for me to not have gotten some of that snow, I'm not sure...).

Nice work - keep those pix coming.
    “Within this furnace of fear, my passion for life burns fiercely. I have consumed all evil. I have overcome my doubt. I am the fire.”

Glad that stress was eased. Sorry to have missed you guys. I crushed it at the office all weekend and have been killing it at the financial printers in Newport Beach since yesterday morning.

The only good that has come from this trip is that I can confirm without hesitation that the paper doesn't lie...Brad and Jennifer have broken up.

In all seriousness. This trip sounds like amazing fun and I am sorry that I didn't get to be a part of it. Really hope that you guys all make it out again this season. Gonz tried to provide some color on Sunday night but I think that he was entirely too polluted by the time I called back. I had to hang up once he started talking about having invented "white trash wombats" which include a waterpipe, seagrams, bud light and some brake fluid. Amazing.

Thanks for the inspiration fellas. Vive le Wombat!!!
    You know, there's like a butt-load of gangs at this school. This one gang kept wanting me to join because I'm pretty good with a bowstaff.

Quote Originally Posted by Honc
    I had to hang up once he started talking about having invented "white trash wombats" which include a waterpipe, seagrams, bud light and some brake fluid. Amazing.

Thanks for the inspiration fellas. Vive le Wombat!!!
    dude, get it right. its bong hit, then lie on your back, then Susan pours seven in your throat, then i pour in keystone light crucial thats its keystone, then you jump up, headrush style, and exhale.

we are fucking brilliant.

Base, Honc was in on Wombats on the ground floor way back when.
    Last edited by gonzo; 05-04-2007 at 04:14 PM.

bill just called. they just opend granite again.

20" of new this morning of dryer blow. he's going over to granite to meet up with grant for the afternoon.

god damn why didn't i stay

get sum billy!

Base, Honc was in on Wombats on the ground floor way back when. The white trash wombat i was speaking of would be bong hit inhale, seagrams and beer ingested, brake fluid huffed, bong hit and brake fluid exhaled.

Bill won the wombat contest with the bong hit, beefaroni ingested, seagrams and beer, bong hit exhaled.
    i was so drunk i think i forgot about the brake fluid

Quote Originally Posted by basom
    then i pour in keystone light crucial thats its keystone,
    To avoid "bitter wombat-face", right?

I love this thread. ...the dictionary should have this for the definition of STOKE.

SICK SICK SICK