Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Heavenly was off the hook today, had face shots from the time I started at 8:30 till 3:00!!! Wahoooooooooooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by chill winston
    i'm in for a wednesday mission from the mission. Mr. Clark?
    Yeah, I'm all about cherry picking a pow day this week. I bet Stoney Wall is down too, I'll check with him tonight.

The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    I made it up to Heavenly today. Nevada side (Stagecoach and North Bowl.) 2-3 ft. of fresh. They even opened Olympic chair for a couple of hours. I know that it isn't that steep there (steep was needed for the snow depth.) However, it did provide access to Western Perimeter (inbounds.) Western Perimeter was amazing. Deep and untracked. The rock piles between the trees were inviting soft pillows of pow. It was fun to float down with the brief moments of slough. I didn't cross any other tracks until close to 2:00.

I returned home to 2 feet of fresh on a 1 and 1/2 foot base. I might just ski my yard tomorrow.
    Last edited by Vets; 01-09-2005 at 12:53 AM. Reason: details

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff
    How the heck did I manage to miss all of you guys up there?
    It's hard to find what you can't see...

"I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

nice. Good stuff. What a strange storm it's been - I ran in shorts yesterday and hiked in a tshirt today. I was worried that that meant that things were drying out up there, but it sounds like that's not the case.

Go git it! you all deserve it. Have fun and be safe!
    “Within this furnace of fear, my passion for life burns fiercely. I have consumed all evil. I have overcome my doubt. I am the fire.”

squaw went the fuck off today.

holy fucking shit.
    holy fucking shit.

i am in love.

edit: holy fucking shit. i like the kt holy shit.

on the pointy end, calling the line, swearing my fucking ass off
    Quote Originally Posted by basom
    i just jizzed myself
    You best be spending a whole morning on chat TR'ing and posting pics till you cry when you get home.

no time for pics today, all the footie we have is from the moblile comand center. we'll try and get pics tomarrow. try. holy fucking shit.

holy fucking shit.

All I could utter for hours on the one and only time I've rode KT was "Holy shit this rocks" "Fucking crazy man" over and over and over again. This was on FatThursday late February last year. KT on a sick pow day is better that sex.

Nice...super stoked you got Tahoe on a sick day...and have stories for the crew at home.

On another note...I just drove from SF to South Lake in about 3 hours...Yep...3 hours. No traffic with dry roads all the way to Sly Park Road. Rain until Strawberry and then driving on snow at Twin Bridges to Meyers. Over Echo Summit @ 7:00 pm it was dumping...it may be wet, but they are getting snow. Meyers it was a rain/snow mix, mostly rain. At my house in South Lake, not doing anything at all, except a few rain drops.

I will attempt to hit Kirkwood the next two days, may even buy a Heavenly pass if need be due to whether in the next few days.
    Last edited by skier666; 01-09-2005 at 09:33 PM.

Thumbs up

holy fucking shit.
    holy fucking shit.

i am in love.

love it. absolutely love it.

Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

carson pass is finally open so lets hope it stays that way. supposedly a break in the storm action till monday night so kwood just might be reachable tomorrow.

holy fucking shit.
    holy fucking shit.

i am in love.

popped your KT cherry, eh basom? dat's some gooooooooooooood shit.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy
    carson pass is finally open so lets hope it stays that way. supposedly a break in the storm action till monday night so kwood just might be reachable tomorrow.
    Damn. I have great timing. After 3 days of trying to ski KW, I gave up tomorrow to make a midweek trip instead . . . looks like I may have made the wrong call - but I suppose I'm willing to take one for the team . . .

Have fun you guys

88 open in both directions . . .chair 6 open and 10 on wind hold . . .

Tell me again why I left? Was it to come back and do a presentation today at work - must not have been cuz the fockers cancelled it this morning!!!!

My God, I don't even know where to begin. Yesterday was the best day of my life. Except the day before, or maybe the day before that. It still feels like a dream. Once I make sense of it in my head I'll elaborate. KT was the best it's ever been in my 5 seasons at Squaw. Our first run down chute 75 defies description. I think I made 10 turns down the whole thing, crossed maybe one patroller track the entire way. Ab-so-lutey insane.

nice work lads! more KT TR needed! hmmm, i sat this one out, but am thinking of heading back up tomorrow night and hitting Alpine on Wed. Supposed to be another 3-5 feet from tonight - Tues night

This storm cycle is insane...almost 17 feet since Dec 27th - yee haa!

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak
    Sunday was a strange day at Sierra. 50 opened at 10 am and when we got there a bit before 11 there were fewer than 100 cars in the parking lot. I doubt more than 200 cars showed up throughout the day. The snow didn't ski as deep as the 5-6 feet they got, in some places a windpack layer was only 6 inches down, but mostly it was knee deep and sometimes bottomless. It was snowing pretty hard and felt like a ghost town. Eventally I was crossing a few tracks in the trees but I rarely saw anyone else until the bottom of the runs. And then, around 2, the falling snow turned to ... not snow. And the fluffy powder turned to ... something else, heavier and noisier. After a few more runs we finally accepted the harsh reality: we were being rained on, top (of West Bowl) to bottom, and the powder had turned to glop with a light rain crust, so we put our wet asses into the heated seats and drove home, rain over Echo Summit and everywhere in Tahoe. Of course when it was time to head back to the bay later that night it was snowing over Echo Summit again ... Kirkwood probably got mostly or all snow. Tues-Wednesday should be good days.
    thx for the tr Walter..Snow level dropping back down to 3000 ft tonight - tomorrow with this next storm...Wed should be sweet. haven't heard anything today from the east coast guys or Lane, so they must be getting the goods today. lucky bastards

Strange, I am down in Carson valley and it is snowing on the valley floor, also, it looks to be snowing pretty hard at kirkwood right now with temps around 20 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by lph
    Strange, I am down in Carson valley and it is snowing on the valley floor, also, it looks to be snowing pretty hard at kirkwood right now with temps around 20 degrees.

Get after it my man! Also remember to shoot lots and lots of video, then edit it pronto for me to watch

I am now living threw all of you (dont even feel like going skiing right now, we got 1/2 of ice the day before I came home)
    "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow"

Moment skis

Spur was open all day Sunday but the pass was closed, which is rare. KW rocked.

holy fucking shit.
    holy fucking shit.

i am in love.

Why thank you for noticing.

Quote Originally Posted by freshies
    thx for the tr Walter..Snow level dropping back down to 3000 ft tonight - tomorrow with this next storm...Wed should be sweet. haven't heard anything today from the east coast guys or Lane, so they must be getting the goods today. lucky bastards
    Sadly, I'm punching keys at work. Callingin dead wednesday. If they say I can;t, I'll quit. Days like Wednesday come around once every 50 years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane Meyer
    Sadly, I'm punching keys at work. Callingin dead wednesday. If they say I can;t, I'll quit. Days like Wednesday come around once every 50 years or so.
    I did it the otherway for Wednesday. I convinced my boss that he should go skiing on Wednesday.....
    "if the city is visibly one of humankind's greatest achievements, its uncontrolled evolution also can lead to desecration of both nature and the human spirit."
    -- Melvin G. Marcus 1979

(hop here)

KW was very very nice today. Very Baker-esque (that's for you hardrider), super smooth and velvety dense stuff. Followed 666 down the Jim's... we probably made 10-15 turns from the top to the cat-track -warp speed now captain!
    It got a bit chunky and hard once it was cut up so we ventured farther afield to stay in the smooth stuff, scoring down the Sisters and Norm's Nose. Vis was hit and miss most of the day with chair 10 going on wind hold (with us on it just below the top...my favorite part of the day) at around 1230? We called "over it" and bailed at 1330.

It was still puking when we left, so tomorrow should be UltraKickassRadness.

Edit: Skier666 has the pics.
    Last edited by lph; 01-10-2005 at 03:53 PM.