Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Yo, yo, yo… check tirechains.com, but I think the links for a Ford Exploder will be hella bling. See if you can return them if they go unused (probable).

I think me and the Monster Dump plan leaving the Bay around 4AM, we should be hitting Hwy 50 before the Saco JONGS, thus avoiding the inevitable road closure.

Back-up plans… if the road to Kirkwood is closed I’m going to jump out of a moving car at the top of Luther Pass and slay some 25 degree pow, if Echo Summit is closed SAT should be a nice place to ski, if SAT is closed meet at Tyrone’s for Omelets and then we’ll do lunch at Centerfolds in Sac.
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

Quote Originally Posted by basom

should we really have shoe actually buy chains?
    It would be more fun if you bought them in Boston and packed them in your carryon and then tried to convince the security people that you absolutely needed to have them on your carryon cuz you can't risk having your luggage lost and being without them when you land in wherever you're flying into.

That seemed a lot funnier before I typed it. I'll shut up now. Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo
    hertz doesn't do chains or snowtires. and they are fucking us a bit on mileage too since all of their big rigs are being taken, which sucks. but since we are going where 5 to 8 feet of snow may fall, you could tell me that you were going to put my balls in a blender and i wouldn't get that bummed out.

big rigs taken? like no expedition? damn i wanted that beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Big E
    It would be more fun if you bought them in Boston and packed them in your carryon and then tried to convince the security people that you absolutely needed to have them on your carryon cuz you can't risk having your luggage lost and being without them when you land in wherever you're flying into.

That seemed a lot funnier before I typed it. I'll shut up now. Have fun!
    my carry on is my knee brace and my ski boots and my ipod. chains would make a good addition, but sounds like gonz is on it.

gonz is on it, right? and i might get bummed if my balls end up in the blender, fyi

no snow tires? Are they at least mud and snow? I would hope so. Those you'll want.

why do I feel like I'm going on this trip too? even though I'll be sitting here in the Bay Area soaking wet, I'm getting a great vicarious thrill from all this....
    “Within this furnace of fear, my passion for life burns fiercely. I have consumed all evil. I have overcome my doubt. I am the fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Greydon Clark
    .... if SAT is closed meet at Tyrone’s for Omelets and then we’ll do lunch at Centerfolds in Sac.
    Mrs. Shoe left for Tahoe last night so it's just me and my bum knee this weekend. I'll be doing breakfast, lunch, and dinner at Centerfolds all weekend. Actually, it would be funny if I met the road trip crew at Centerfods at 2 AM (I think they close at 3) Hell, it's right off of 50!

Seriously though, what size tires are the Exped?? Anyone? Bueller? The chains I have here might fit. The box says "FOR SUV's and LIGHT TRUCKS" right on the box so they have to fit right? It lists like a bazillion tire sizes on the box....
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

Dont worry about chains. Honestly buy the cheapest tinyest things you can find and leave them unopened and return them. As for snow tires Im rocking balled ass summer tires and haven't failed to get the wave through yet.

Im off to the heave for some pow-pow.

See you suckers tomorrow.
    steezarific!!

working on the chains. tyrone, you're on for centerfolds at 2:00 am.

we have the expedition, btw, just not unlimited mileage so it will be like $50 more. there are all weather tires on the rig but the hertz folks won't tell me what size tires it has since you aren't supposed to put chains on their cars. it is an 04' expedition though. i think the interweb can tell the answer...

shoe, sounds like your guys might work too...
    Craig Kelly is my co-pilot.

Buy Your Lift Tickets in Advance and Save

working on the chains. tyrone, you're on for centerfolds at 2:00 am.

we have the expedition, btw, just not unlimited mileage so it will be like $50 more. there are all weather tires on the rig but the hertz folks won't tell me what size tires it has since you aren't supposed to put chains on their cars. it is an 04' expedition though. i think the interweb can tell the answer...

shoe, sounds like your guys might work too...
    Again I say dont worry. I dont even have chains just an empty box, you will be fine in that behemoth.
    steezarific!!

Quote Originally Posted by hardrider
    Dont worry about chains. Honestly buy the cheapest tinyest things you can find and leave them unopened and return them. As for snow tires Im rocking balled ass summer tires and haven't failed to get the wave through yet.
    If CalTrans lets this yahoo through with this abandoned vehicle on a wave through then you guys are golden:

gonz -- since you guys have all-weather tyres, then you'll be fine. mebee just keep my chains in the back just in case...but you probably won't even have to imo.

oh and btw: www.goldclubcenterfolds.com
    One Gear, Two Planks

Greydon and Monster Dump.

Your plans match mine with the exception that I'll already be up in SLT so if Echo is closed SAT isn't going to happen. If Luthor pass is the plan drop me a call (530-304-TELE). That goes for everyone else too....
    "if the city is visibly one of humankind's greatest achievements, its uncontrolled evolution also can lead to desecration of both nature and the human spirit."
    -- Melvin G. Marcus 1979

seems to me they're really just looking for bald tires at the checkpoints. i rolled through them no prob w/ all seasons for years and was never told to chain up. you guys should be golden w/ good all seasons and 4wd. i've also noticed that if you're driving a suby or yota truck they hardly even look at the tires and just wave you through since they know those rigs are 4wd.

OK apparently they don't sell chains in Illinois. The expedition does have all weather tires, so we should be fine. Shoe, shall we meet you at Centerfolds and do a chain exchange?

Me to non-internet friends: "Uuuhh, yeah...I am going to meet this guy at Centerfolds in Folsom at 2:00 am to borrow his chains..."

OK apparently they don't sell chains in Illinois. The expedition does have all weather tires, so we should be fine. Shoe, shall we meet you at Centerfolds and do a chain exchange?

Me to non-internet friends: "Uuuhh, yeah...I am going to meet this guy at Centerfolds in Folsom at 2:00 am to borrow his chains..."
    i'll be in a truck full of smelly doods from the internet, with chains, hot wax, and a fat baby. i'm really looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces
    If CalTrans lets this yahoo through with this abandoned vehicle on a wave through then you guys are golden:
    It does look like this car was abandoned last April, or HR is just begging for an expired tags ticket...
    Fighting foot fungus one public bath house at a time!

My site

the name is "food baby!" her mom was an italian sub, her dad was adolf busch.

Ok, so, for those of us that don't speak californian--what's the SAT?

hmm

centerfolds at 2am for a chain exchange.

MOTHAFUCKIN PERFECT!

the only thing keeping me from knocking over a cube wall right now is my bloody mary lunch.

MORRIS DAY AND THE MUTHAFUCKIN TIME!

Talking

Just give me a ringer when you land and we'll figgure it out.

you should change the above to: "Uuuhh, yeah...I am flying across the country to meet this guy that I met on the internet at this strip club to get his chains."
    One Gear, Two Planks

If you do get an SUV, make sure it isn't a 2wd version. This happened to me in Portland. On the way up to Meadows conditions were getting dicey, went to pop it in 4wd and there weren't any buttons, shifters anything. Pulled over, looked underneath, no front drive axle. Made it up the hill, barely.

OK, I'm signing off. Lunch and some errands and then to Midway. See you fuckers in hell!

My number is edited
    Last edited by gonzo; 05-08-2005 at 04:55 PM.

Buena Suerte holmes, we'll keep the light on for ya.

unless the power goes out...

SAT = Sierra At Tahoe. It is a small ski hill on hwy 50—west of Echo Summit, pre-Tahoe—that is popular with central valley snowboarders. (Who rock, exclusively, t-bolted decks, baseless bindings and extra-extra large Fuct jeans over their snow pants. Think BC Rider circa ’91). Not a bad place, but not what you’re flying across the country to ski.

Speaking of lunch, I’m off to Marmot Mountain Work to get my boots fixed, I can’t handle another pow-day on 2 buckle T-1s.
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

Anything less than absolute mayhem will be a let down. Mild & Wild should keep a running blog in chat. Good luck to the wack show.

See you fuckers in hell!
    bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bapbap bap bap bap bap bapbap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bapbap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bapbap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bapbap bap bap dap bap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bap

Quote Originally Posted by basom
    bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bapbap bap bap bap bap bapbap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bapbap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bapbap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bap bapbap bap bap dap bap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bapbap bap bap
    10 characters

Somewhere out on that Hertz lot sits an Expedition which will never ever be the same after the next 3 days.