Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzo
    Thanks so much for all the info and offers guys. Sadly, Honc got the corporate cock-shafting and has to be in LA at 7:00 am Monday. It told him he should quit. He said he would think about it.

The new retard-mobile crew is basom, mildbill, Alex P. Keaton, and gonzo. We will be in a expedition, hopefully with chains on it, which will contains 4 retards, far too many skis, one snowboard, one pair of snowshoes, water, gas, a whisperlite, white gas, mac and cheese, stinky green, sleeping bags, avie gear, two iPods with car connectors (in case one breaks), one mini-dv camera, one helmet cam, at least one digi cam, and an inflatible fuck-pig. Departing oakland at about 12:15 am and getting where ever the fuck we can get.

I think we have most people's phone numbers. Tthis should be interesting. If you can think of anything else we should bring (besides lube - we thought of that) please chime in. Hopefully our planes will land. Basom is so ready to kill it, it's not even funny.

edits: red bull, gatorade, and peanut butter cliff bars.

You need Smokey McHorndogs LS 3000
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

Thanks so much for all the info and offers guys. Sadly, Honc got the corporate cock-shafting and has to be in LA at 7:00 am Monday. It told him he should quit. He said he would think about it.

The new retard-mobile crew is basom, mildbill, Alex P. Keaton, and gonzo. We will be in a expedition, hopefully with chains on it, which will contains 4 retards, far too many skis, one snowboard, one pair of snowshoes, water, gas, a whisperlite, white gas, mac and cheese, stinky green, sleeping bags, avie gear, two iPods with car connectors (in case one breaks), one mini-dv camera, one helmet cam, at least one digi cam, and an inflatible fuck-pig. Departing oakland at about 12:15 am and getting where ever the fuck we can get.

I think we have most people's phone numbers. Tthis should be interesting. If you can think of anything else we should bring (besides lube - we thought of that) please chime in. Hopefully our planes will land. Basom is so ready to kill it, it's not even funny.

DON'T FORGET THE ROUTERS

Fuck! I can't believe I left the router of the list. What would we do if we wanted some fanciful edge work done when suck on I80?

edit: taste
    Last edited by gonzo; 01-06-2005 at 08:14 PM.
    Craig Kelly is my co-pilot.

Buy Your Lift Tickets in Advance and Save

The excitement generated in these threads is enough for me to sign off and sign outta here!!! See you fools tonight, or whenever caltrans lets the rest of you through!

Holy shit...departing Oakland at 12:15 AM....if you guys need a pit stop that should put you in the vicinity of Del Boca Casa Shoe Vista Lago between 1:30 & 2:00 AM. If you need caffination I'll have the coffee brewin to fuel your charge just as you begin to climb into the eye of this monster Anything I can do to help the cause.

edit: holy sheet....prolly closer to 2 AM

double edit: and uhhh, mebee I should mention that my next door neighbor is CHP. just thought I'd throw that out there....
    Last edited by Tyrone Shoelaces; 01-06-2005 at 06:07 PM.
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

I have lots of floor space at my apartment. Just thought I'd put the offer up in case you doods come through Sacramento.

Dammit, I want to ski Kirkwood on Saturday, but none of my friends are doing a day trip. Sunday I'm busy doing other stuff...I think. If anyone is doing a day trip, PM me.

Oh, and screw this weather. It's not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces
    Holy shit...departing Oakland at 12:15 AM....if you guys need a pit stop that should put you in the vicinity of Del Boca Casa Shoe Vista Lago between 1:30 & 2:00 AM. If you need caffination I'll have the coffee brewin to fuel your charge just as you begin to climb into the eye of this monster Anything I can do to help the cause.

edit: holy sheet....prolly closer to 2 AM

double edit: and uhhh, mebee I should mention that my next door neighbor is CHP. just thought I'd throw that out there....
    Thanks bro! We very well may come calling - definitely will phone ya either way. I love how all the weather posts are telling everyone to stay the hell off roads, etc. and we are flying there to try to drive all up in the fucker...

FKNA!!!

That is all.

SaAaH (and this is serious),
    d.

9 PM. Still working. Going to work all night. If all goes to plan I think I can pull a day trip out of this...

I should finish work tomorrow @ 4 or so. Jam home for quick combat nap. I've now got a buddy's suby so i'll caravan with Team Core starting with Arthur Gonzarelli around 9:30.

Hopefully get to Tahoe before sun rises. Ski whatever is closest to where we are stuck on the highway. Mainline redbull, call AAA, turn around and head for San Francisco.

More as this develops. Safe travels to everyone.
    You know, there's like a butt-load of gangs at this school. This one gang kept wanting me to join because I'm pretty good with a bowstaff.

alls i can say is that if you don't stop at In And Out Burger on your way to/from Tahoe, then your trip is a total bust

have fun, send some snow north

Quote Originally Posted by Honc
    I've now got a buddy's suby so i'll caravan with Team Core starting with Arthur Gonzarelli around 9:30.

Hopefully get to Tahoe before sun rises. Ski whatever is closest to where we are stuck on the highway. Mainline redbull, call AAA, turn around and head for San Francisco.
    I guess you need the subie so you can get back? This blows. Can't you sabatoge the deal or something?

Did you draw straws to see who gets to play the part of the inflatable fuck-pig, or will you all be taking turns at it?

Thanks bro! We very well may come calling - definitely will phone ya either way. I love how all the weather posts are telling everyone to stay the hell off roads, etc. and we are flying there to try to drive all up in the fucker...
    NO PLANS!

this is the stupidest idea ever.

on the pointy end, calling the line, swearing my fucking ass off
    Base, make sure to kick Bill's ass and get him killin it for letting his gf get to him.

Kill it boys.

and some FUNYUNS, maaaaaaaaaaan!

Morning update from elevation 6300' = heavy heavy snow. Repeat of last wekened this time when seeing across the parking lot was an impossibility. Radar is sold green and yellow all the way offshore.

Caltrans says:
    [IN THE SACRAMENTO VALLEY & SIERRA NEVADA]
    CHAINS ARE REQUIRED ON ALL VEHICLES EXCEPT 4-WHEEL-DRIVE VEHICLES WITH SNOW
    TIRES ON ALL 4 WHEELS FROM 3 MI EAST OF GOLD RUN (PLACER CO) TO THE NEVADA
    STATE LINE

EASTBOUND TRUCKS ARE BEING SCREENED AT APPLEGATE (PLACER CO) - DRIVERS MUST
    HAVE MAXIMUM CHAINS IN THEIR POSSESSION IN ORDER TO PROCEED - PERMIT LOADS ARE
    PROHIBITED

WESTBOUND TRUCKS ARE BEING SCREENED 5 MI WEST OF RENO (WASHOE CO) - DRIVERS
    MUST HAVE MAXIMUM CHAINS IN THEIR POSSESSION IN ORDER TO PROCEED - PERMIT LOADS
    ARE PROHIBITED
    So no real restrictions on passenger cars yet. As hardrider says, it has begun. (But why must he keep shooting his dog?)

i always kill it with maximum chains in my possession.

make sure we have maximum chains gonzo!

where does one get maximum chains for a ford expedition/mobile command center/rad space-space drugs ship at midnight in oakland?

and no, crack != chains

good luck with that. You'll have a much easier time getting crack.

One option - if you can convince/bribe/beg Shoe to pick some up today, you can get them when you stop by in Folsom (sorry Shoe...).
    “Within this furnace of fear, my passion for life burns fiercely. I have consumed all evil. I have overcome my doubt. I am the fire.”

or would teh truck come with chains?

yes, this cupcake needs to get some chains for his city rig.

Quote Originally Posted by mildbill.
    or would teh truck come with chains?

yes, this cupcake needs to get some chains for his city rig.
    Doubt it would come with chains. I don't think the rental agencies like them cuz they can mess up the car if put on wrong. Not as much as sliding off an embankment, though.

When I picked up the rental in Spokane for the BC Summit, I had to drive back and ask for an ice scraper!!

On the good side of the weather news. The NWS has been reducing their predected wind speeds but not their snow totals.....
    "if the city is visibly one of humankind's greatest achievements, its uncontrolled evolution also can lead to desecration of both nature and the human spirit."
    -- Melvin G. Marcus 1979

Quote Originally Posted by watersnowdirt

One option - if you can convince/bribe/beg Shoe to pick some up today, you can get them when you stop by in Folsom (sorry Shoe...).
    The only chains these guys are in gettin in Folsom is if they get locked up in Folsom State somehow on their way through....[/cue Johnny Cash]

Actually, I might have chains already sittin around that fit. I used to have a Pathfinder...when I sold it, I kept the chains just so I had them to throw in the back of the Subie if I ever got asked if I was carrying them. I never, never have to throw them on (even in last weekends monster), but just use 'em to get through checkpoints. I wonder if they would fit the Exped? Even if not, you can just carry them around in case you get asked if you are carrying them at a checkpoint. Usually, they just nod and let you through, but ya never know...

However, if you actually do want chains for actual use, drop me a PM, and I can grab some today...cost + 80% special just for you guys.
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces
    I never, never have to throw them on (even in last weekends monster), but just use 'em to get through checkpoints. I wonder if they would fit the Exped? Even if not, you can just carry them around in case you get asked if you are carrying them at a checkpoint. Usually, they just nod and let you through, but ya never know...

However, if you actually do want chains for actual use, drop me a PM, and I can grab some today...cost + 80% special just for you guys.
    hopefully that will be all we need, just for show.

coffee and chains at 2 am. shoe is the shit!

do they check for snow tires too? or can you will we slip by in whatever all seasons are on the expedition?

should we really have shoe actually buy chains?

hertz doesn't do chains or snowtires. and they are fucking us a bit on mileage too since all of their big rigs are being taken, which sucks. but since we are going where 5 to 8 feet of snow may fall, you could tell me that you were going to put my balls in a blender and i wouldn't get that bummed out.

i will get chains here in chi-town for the rig today. what info do you need for that? tire size?

shoe, you da mang. if i can't find chains, may we borrow yours for visual aid purposes?