Review: 2011-2012 Black Diamond Zealot

The Zealot is a good ski, but it's strong suit is (in my opinion) its versatility far more than its chargeability.

Lighter skiers, however, may find the Zealot to be both versatile and chargeable....

http://blistergearreview.com/gear-re...diamond-zealot

Don't know if you've ever skied the czar, but if you have I'd be curious to hear how you felt they compared to the Zealot (and Belafonte).
    "I just want to thank everyone who made this day necessary." -Yogi Berra

I haven't had the chance to ski the Czar yet, wcf3. Hopefully this season.

One thing worth underscoring, however: my review is of the 182cm Zealot, not the 192. The 192cm has a tail that is, according to BD, "less rockered" than the 182cm, so none of my comments ought to be generalized to stand for the 192, and we'll try to get on the 192 Zealot as soon as we can.

I was interested since I've had the czar's as part of my quiver for a number of years and they have some similarity in dimensions to these skis (though with less sidecut). Always felt that it had excellent 'chargability' for a smaller ski, but suffered on playfullness/versatility. I'll be curious to hear how you guys feel they compare, since you are getting on a really wide spectrum of skis.

Incidentally, excellent job on your reviews. Nice to see people doing really thorough reviews in a variety of conditions and with comparisons between several skis that can be considered direct competitors.
    "I just want to thank everyone who made this day necessary." -Yogi Berra

i skied the 182 new version after skiing the old 192 green machines. i really did not like the green ones, at all, they only wanted to huck to hardpack, anything else and i'm taking out the megawatts. the new version felt a shitload more playful while being much damper than the old one. the old one just wanted to plow, the new ones wanted to absorb, which i like better. coming from someone who's fucking loved 194 xxls, 192 garbones, and some other good stiff skis. very, very stoked on the new zealot, it might actually come out more than 1 out of every 10 days or so. love the tapered tip now too. BD made an even bigger improvement with the zealot than with the megawatt IMO this year, and the new megawatt does kick ass it should be said, like one of your other reviews said.

2nd Look Review of the 11/12 Zealot, 182cm

Just posted this 2nd review of the Zealot, and our reviewer, Jason, is a big fan of this ski, which further inclines me to think that skiers who weigh closer to that 160 lbs. range or less might really like this ski.

http://blistergearreview.com/gear-re...d-zealot-182cm

Demo'd new 182 Zealots on Sunday, absolulutely loved em. I now own a pair . I weigh about a buck 70, but am on a losing weight sort of plan right now, and should be at about 160, so I should like them even better then it sounds like. Eff yeah .

The ones I skied were mounted around +1.5, which felt really good. Cant' decide for sure where to mount mine, but I like how they felt there, and since my other skis are megawatts, these will be day after the storm and maching around on the groomers and jumping shit kind of skis, so I think the forward mount will be the way to go. Can't wait to chime in with a longer-term review once I get some more days on them.
    Keep it unclipped

JFE24 or anyone else, got anthing on the 192s? Great job on the reviews on Blister.

Quote Originally Posted by Driver View Post
    JFE24 or anyone else, got anthing on the 192s? Great job on the reviews on Blister.
    Thanks, Driver. Unfortunately, we haven't yet been able to get on the 192s, though we're still hoping to, soon.

Bump

Any updates on the 192?

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    Bump

Any updates on the 192?
    We still haven't skied them, though they remain on the list. Reason #4,687 to pray for a good early season in North America?