TGR Movies with different soundtracks?

I just watched High Life again after many years, but the soundtrack was different than I remember. I used to rent the movie (and Further as well) from the local Hollywood video occasionally when I was in high school and the publisher was some company I can't remember the name of (had a bunch of gears in the logo). When I checked the soundtrack listings, the version I saw recently (which I am assuming is the original) was what it was supposed to be. I have to admit I liked the alternative soundtrack better. Any idea what is going on here and perhaps where I can find the alternative version?
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

The DVD version of Groove Requiem does the same thing. A couple of the tracks are completely different and others are out of sync. I'm guessing it's a licensing thing.

Yeah, I don't know what happened, but I have a similar experience. I bought a bunch of old TGR flicks off eBay (brand new), but clearly not part of the original run from way back when. I'm expecting to hear metallica, and its music from a bunch of bands I never heard of. I don't get it, but I don't really care that much. Just a little disappointed.
    Magic Mountain Freeride Team...bringing your grom's game to the next level.

The only ski you'll ever need...http://worthskis.com/skis/the-magic/

"Errare Humanum Est"