VC is offline Calmer then you are Dude

Northern California Mags, Group camping/cabins suggestions

Looking for a place to either camp or rent a cabin for 20 or so people. Requirements are within 4 hours or tahoe, somewhere thats going to be relatively warm in late october/nov, somewhere that being loud at night isn't going to be an issue.
    Lake closeby a plus
    Any ideas?

VC is offline Calmer then you are Dude
    "The Bohemian Grove, that I attend from time to time—the Easterners and the others come there—but it is the most faggy goddamn thing you could ever imagine, that San Francisco crowd that goes in there; it's just terrible! I mean I won't shake hands with anybody from San Francisco."—President Richard M. Nixon on the Watergate tapes, Bohemian Club member starting in 1953

Sounds right up my alley, anyone here a member?

Weather get iffy in the Mountains in October

Quote Originally Posted by VC View Post
    Looking for a place to either camp or rent a cabin for 20 or so people. Requirements are within 4 hours or tahoe, somewhere thats going to be relatively warm in late october/nov, somewhere that being loud at night isn't going to be an issue.
    Lake closeby a plus
    Any ideas?
    This is a nice area I am starting to appricate more year after year. Take a look
    Stampede Dam area is very secluded but warmer climate than Tahoe.
    http://www.campingguidenevada.com/cg...astampede.html
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

There are tons of cabins around shasta.

Claire Tappan Lodge on Donner Pass run by the Sierra Club.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

i'd look down towards placerville area....maybe even pollick pines. lots of water and well less than four hours from tahoe. might even be nice that time of year.
    whatever I feel like i what to do!

I've got it; hornswoggle group campground. It's right near Bullards bar reservoir (~1 mile), not far from the Yuba River, close to some pretty sweet and very well kept little historic towns like Nevada city, Downieville, Sierra city, etc... Its at about 2k feet, so shouldnt be very cold, and is only 2 hous max from N Lake Tahoe. Plus it's a mile from the Tahoe hotshots base, which really means absolutely nothing to the vacationer, but is somewhat important to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by QuikR12 View Post
    I've got it; hornswoggle group campground. It's right near Bullards bar reservoir (~1 mile), not far from the Yuba River, close to some pretty sweet and very well kept little historic towns like Nevada city, Downieville, Sierra city, etc... Its at about 2k feet, so shouldnt be very cold, and is only 2 hous max from N Lake Tahoe. Plus it's a mile from the Tahoe hotshots base, which really means absolutely nothing to the vacationer, but is somewhat important to myself.
    You are right about that area. Was going to suggest The Reservoir North of Colfax. And the general Area North and East of Colfax. But I have not really spent any time around there for 20 year.

I would also point out that October November are LOW season @ Tahoe. You could probably get multiple Units at a very good rate anywhere Between Kings Beach and Tahoma, right on the Lake. And I mean really cheap to be @ the Lake and not Camping
    Own your fail. ~Jer~