Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

When everything breaks at once/continuously

Not sure who I pissed off but during the last 6 months or so the following has broken in the Larry household, much of it simultaneously:

both cars, 2x EACH
    fridge, 2x
    stove
    the DOG (hot spots, spay)
    2 TVs
    Washing Machine
    Sprinkler system (dug up by dog)
    Gas grill (starter button, nbd really)

I mean, I realize shit is engineered to break so you have to buy new stuff, but all at ONCE?

:sweet blog:
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

Obviously your last post for awhile, as your computer is certainly next.

yer fukked.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Obviously your last post for awhile, as your computer is certainly next.

yer fukked.
    Oh yeah, laptop broker
    blackberry broken
    2/4 cordless phones broken

seriously. fuckin ridic-

Deja vu, me a couple of weeks ago. Its just money and time.

Quote Originally Posted by bushman View Post
    Deja vu, me a couple of weeks ago. Its just money and time.
    time=money and money =power. More power mean more money:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Moh7DXMk8g

Well my roof is leaking like a mother right now (it's been raining basically continuously for four days and today is a fukkin DELUGE and it just started leaking a bit ago so I'm not too worried) and I've got tarps and shit spread out, so the roofers are gonna have to come out so there goes ten grand... first world problems man.

Have you had to re-sole your loafers?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by OldLarry View Post
    Not sure who I pissed off but during the last 6 months or so the following has broken in the Larry household, much of it simultaneously:

both cars, 2x EACH
    fridge, 2x
    stove
    the DOG (hot spots, spay)
    2 TVs
    Washing Machine
    Sprinkler system (dug up by dog)
    Gas grill (starter button, nbd really)

I mean, I realize shit is engineered to break so you have to buy new stuff, but all at ONCE?

:sweet blog:
    Could be worse, could be shit breaking off of you...
    "You damn colonials and your herds of tax write off dressage ponies". PNWBrit

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Have you had to re-sole your loafers?
    Hopefully the shiner didn't break!

Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Hopefully the shiner didn't break!
    Shriners never take a break!

What?

I have one of those, mine does not have the handle thingy though. Shiner I mean.

hot spots? that's it?! your broken dog is el cheapo....

This happened to me too. I went through a spell of unemployment/self-employment where nothing broke and nobody got sick.

Then, I got a job again, and almost immediately everything broke. Cars, appliances, house problems, kids getting sick, I got injured, etc. We just kept telling ourselves how lucky we were that it didn't happen when I was unemployed and how much better it was that everything was breaking down when we could actually afford to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Well my roof is leaking like a mother right now (it's been raining basically continuously for four days and today is a fukkin DELUGE and it just started leaking a bit ago so I'm not too worried) and I've got tarps and shit spread out, so the roofers are gonna have to come out so there goes ten grand... first world problems man.
    Ten grand? Big roof, iceman? Vibes.

If you got a beer drink it, don't worry maybe things will get better

I spent last week on the skeena estuary as the research assistant on a couple of leaky malfunctioning boats with a guy who has spent a lot of time doing projects in the 3rd world

he was telling me about how in Ghana a ball joint on the truck he rented had come completely apart, so he put it back in, tied the front suspension together with rope and drove it out

So on the zodiac the electric start was dead ,the pull start wasnt starting the main engine ,plan B the backup kicker wouldnt start,plan C get out the paddles and paddle for safe harbor , try the main engine one more time ...it starts

Normaly i got all my shit working 100%, I should be sketched out by this most normal people are but bro always pulls it off so relax cuz things can only get better, they always do and ... consider shit breaking is STOP in the 3rd world

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Ten grand? Big roof, iceman? Vibes.
    meh, I just made up a number to bitch about.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    When many undesirable events coincide, there is a feeling of frustration that goes with this experience. Many of us have been trained to harden off ourselves in situations of adversity, however it is the suppression of one's native vibrational response to adversity that further compounds the pattern of adversity.

What needs to happen, in order to break the pattern of karma one is experiencing, is a natural gut level expression of the feeling of frustration one has in such situations, this means sound without forming it into words, as words tend to set patterns rather than release them.

Basically what I'm saying is, it sounds like what is needed is a primal tantrum, the need is to rage unto tears, and cry until anger. Once the bundled emotional charge, which is the cause of the recurring pattern of experience, is allowed to move spontaneously, the calcified patterns release, and one's experience flows without getting stuck in breakdown mode.

Anyway, that's how it works.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    My guys will be by in the afternoon , have your checkbook ready .

you can sleep in a car but you can't drive a house
    Recently, a similar problem has happened to me, though not all at once. The toilets in my house appear to have ganged up to piss me off in a long, drawn out fashion. It started with one leaking. Fixed it, no big deal. Within a week, the second toilet started its leak/run/leak/run game. Fixed, but starting to get a little annoyed. Within two weeks, heard the distinct sound of the third shitter re-filling every half hour. At this point, I got angry and turned the water off. It still isn't fixed. I'm afraid fixing it will throw off the balance and the first toilet, which is the high-miler in our house, will begin its leaky mindfuck again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    When many undesirable events coincide, there is a feeling of frustration that goes with this experience. Many of us have been trained to harden off ourselves in situations of adversity, however it is the suppression of one's native vibrational response to adversity that further compounds the pattern of adversity.

What needs to happen, in order to break the pattern of karma one is experiencing, is a natural gut level expression of the feeling of frustration one has in such situations, this means sound without forming it into words, as words tend to set patterns rather than release them.

Basically what I'm saying is, it sounds like what is needed is a primal tantrum, the need is to rage unto tears, and cry until anger. Once the bundled emotional charge, which is the cause of the recurring pattern of experience, is allowed to move spontaneously, the calcified patterns release, and one's experience flows without getting stuck in breakdown mode.

Anyway, that's how it works.
    Shit happens?
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Yesterday I found out I need right knee surgery (minor) to clean out some debris and get my right kneecap sitting well again.

Approximately four hours later, I was ripped on a golf course at an annual two-club tournament, wrestling with my buddy and may have blown my other knee. Details at 4pm.

Kiss my ass, Larry.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Iceman beat me to it but wrong thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    .................................................. ...........................

Basically what I'm saying is, it sounds like what is needed is a primal tantrum, the need is to rage unto tears, and cry until anger............................................. ...........................................
    Larry's prolly already got this part covered.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

You know, there's a pretty rockin' Dylan song that deals with this phenomenon.

I'm with you on this one. The last 6 months have been a case study in entropy for me.