Page 285 of 396 FirstFirst ... 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 ... LastLast
Results 7,101 to 7,125 of 9892
    Going very fast
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1332114119.905120.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	191.3 KB 
ID:	112571  

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    So I won the bump comp at Gore today... first place got me a pair of goggles. First place for the 6-9 year old category got a season's pass. wtf?
    Nicely done tBatt! You should have hit Sundown Saturday. First place was a pair of F17's.

Head up to Sunapee next weekend for the Mueller Cup. First place might get you a t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by grubbers View Post
    Passed this guy on the way up to the ravine yesterday. If you can't tell, that's a pair of skis across the top of his pack along with a snowboard on the back. 2x the fun?
    Saw multiple guys carrying their lady's sliding equipment. They need to find new ladies or leave them at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    Public shout out to akokskis who hooked the Bottlewoman and I up with free tickets today - we were able to share with the Weasels as well. MANY THANKS!!!!!!!!
    Glad you guys got out to enjoy it!! Sad to hear it going so fast, but as I said in my email, I think I'm about done with 11-12... pretty much ready for the fly fishin' season, esp with the rumors of hendricksons already on at home home (md) and signs of big fish getting on the feed back home in vt.

Quote Originally Posted by angry swede View Post
    Saw multiple guys carrying their lady's sliding equipment. They need to find new ladies or leave them at home.
    QFT!! Women who tour/at least carry their own gear rock. End of discussion.

Oh and on the note of free tix, fuck it. I got two free tix to smuggs. TC and smuggs crew, you got dibs if you want 'em. Otherwise, first PM wins. I'd take a 6'er or two if you really wanna hook it up, but whatever... I'm not gonna be around to enjoy it, so one of you mags might as well git sum.
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    Those should be some SWEET goggles. Pics please!
    They're shiny, almost bedazzled status. I Already gave them away but here's a generic shot of them.

BD - All I got was a case of beer from him, whats with that?!

Quote Originally Posted by powbmps View Post
    Nicely done tBatt! You should have hit Sundown Saturday. First place was a pair of F17's.

Head up to Sunapee next weekend for the Mueller Cup. First place might get you a t-shirt.
    Thanks! I got a season pass to Plattekill from their bump comp yesterday, though. Second place was a pair of Dynastar 6th Sense skis. I almost would have rather had them, seeing as Plattekill is about 40 mins further from me than Gore. Lets hope we have a more normal season, next year, where they get some awesome Nor'easters and they pick up 2 feet where Gore gets 4".

Fun day at Stowe today, coverage is still good (for now anyway) but navigating the pools of water at the lift gates was a bit of a pita. 4Runner went down at around 1:00 and never re-opened but headed over to the gondi and was pleasantly surprised by the lack of crowds and nice soft bumps to play on. Saw my first bikini clad college girl of the season but was too slow to get the shot, might have to try again tomorrow.

Hit Prohibition Pig on the way home, great to see that space filled again with plenty of people headed home from the mountains or the mtn bike trails with big smiles and full glasses!

Sequ - That pic is downright depressing based on what I saw standing in that spot just a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by lynchdogger View Post
    TC and friends you guys heading to High George tomorrow? I spoke with Rog and we are pulling the plug. Reasons? Forecast is mostly/partly cloudy with chance of showers. Up there that could mean a wide range of who knows? But the main reason is lack of freezing temps going on 3/4 nights. Slush and mank snow just doesn't get me fired up. From the looks of the forecast it does not get much better. The only night for freezing temps in the next week is possibly next Saturday night. Hoping next week will bring a change. Now if those boys get on clearing that road this week that could change my mind. Nice stoke all. Get it while it lasts.
    We went today and camped out last night at the cog. We got a freeze last night, not a deep freeze but a freeze and the skiing was kick ass as well as the weather. Plan was to do a lap up top then head down to the GG but it was so good up there getting fresh tracks, that we just stayed there and did a few laps with maybe 5 other people we saw coming and going. We also summited and saw the conga line coming up chute from the obs station. GG had some traffic and still lots of snow in there. Rain nuked my plans for tomorrow but lets do it next window.

Awesome to see everyone getting after it! and nice work tbatt!

And yes Sugar Bush was very fun yesterday even for the 2 runs I got. Great day for a demo.

gratuitous Worth stoke, first time with these on george and they ruled the trench mashed POWtatoes

Last edited by thin cover; 03-18-2012 at 09:19 PM.

Nice shots TC!

^^^^ Pics and snow look sweet TC! Hope it lasts long enough for me to find a time to get there.
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    Fun day at Stowe today, coverage is still good (for now anyway) but navigating the pools of water at the lift gates was a bit of a pita. 4Runner went down at around 1:00 and never re-opened but headed over to the gondi and was pleasantly surprised by the lack of crowds and nice soft bumps to play on. Saw my first bikini clad college girl of the season but was too slow to get the shot, might have to try again tomorrow.

Hit Prohibition Pig on the way home, great to see that space filled again with plenty of people headed home from the mountains or the mtn bike trails with big smiles and full glasses!

Sequ - That pic is downright depressing based on what I saw standing in that spot just a few weeks ago.
    I don't understand why that brand new ForRunner quad goes down so often. That's happened several times I've been at Stowe this season.

space to think

time to think
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

^^awesome pics TC^^

closed out last 4 days at MRG.
    3 gorgeous days, i rain+fog day but soft snow nonetheless.
    all the action was at the mid, where there was a constant line the past two days.
    bottom was very sketch. ops called for a 2pm closing after initial call for 3pm.
    so headed to mt ellen for the last hour of the day and scored 2 full top-to-bottom laps on supersweet bumps (including upper FIS), topped off by a last chair.

sad to see MRG go but past two days were nothing less than stellar.

mt ellen was in nice shape and has me wanting to return.

after a few days at work...

Fun weekend, great to see EC mags out there getting after it. Nice to meet MMPH and his shredly youngsters, GetAmped, Flounder, emr and company, and as always great to ski with the Bottles. Thanks also to all for the support for Worth so far, you guys have been a big part of making this happen! On that note, we are booking an April/May production run now, which will may be the only one between now and mid-winter next year depending on orders and Keith's production schedule for Praxis. If any of you are considering it, let me know in the next couple of weeks. We are continuing to offer some special mag pricing, so be sure to mention your handle when you e-mail me or PM me through the board. And don't forget our referral deal!!!

Kid stoke from today (the littlest Weasel and Ms. Weasel):

Worth and Heady Topper in St. Croix. We have people EVERYWHERE.
    Last edited by weasel1; 03-18-2012 at 08:54 PM.
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

Many thanks to the Bottles for a couple of fun runs and a mighty tasty beer! If we ever get the snow again for the Butt Crack and Lift Line, I will bring the camera and the medical kit! Weasel, at least, agreed to hike it this summer to scope it out...

Thanks for the invite ml242.... Looking forward to taking you up on the offer. Were you around for the 7 footer?

Quote Originally Posted by weasel1 View Post
    I made a huge mistake not hitting it last year...
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    We went today and camped out last night at the cog. We got a freeze last night, not a deep freeze but a freeze and the skiing was kick ass as well as the weather. Plan was to do a lap up top then head down to the GG but it was so good up there getting fresh tracks, that we just stayed there and did a few laps with maybe 5 other people we saw coming and going. We also summited and saw the conga line coming up chute from the obs station. GG had some traffic and still lots of snow in there. Rain nuked my plans for tomorrow but lets do it next window.

Awesome to see everyone getting after it! and nice work tbatt!

And yes Sugar Bush was very fun yesterday even for the 2 runs I got. Great day for a demo.

gratuitous Worth stoke, first time with these on george and they ruled the trench mashed POWtatoes

Score. Smart move too - never leave good skiing for something else. Great pics. Had my girls all weekend or would have been up there somewhere. Skied at Sunapee on Sat. It was slushy fun but the sun never came out. Let's hope for colder night temps and is too much to ask for some snow late March / April? Enjoy.
    The Passion is in the Risk

Quote Originally Posted by weasel1 View Post
    Really? If this is happening and there is room, count me in. Damn that looks steep. Enough snow this year? This week?
    The Passion is in the Risk

george stoke

nice george stoke tc! i was looking at the high fields from kearsarge in the afternoon. still plenty up there........for the moment. good call!

kearsarge hike was very nice as far as hikes go. hiking=meh the gf and furry friend were happy to be up in the mtns and the hiking was about the sketchiest thing i've done in a LOOOOOONG time. no traction devices whatsoever made things a bit acrobatic up there. the gals constant slippy sliding giggling kept a smile on my face. good stuff fer sure.

maybe next week up high adventure. waiting for winter #14 to arrive. waiting.............lets get on it lynchy!

hey petrics, ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^quit fucking with yer camera direction/angles would ya?

hmmmm, what to do today. SUP? mtb? both? hmmmm

blogalarog

Good day at Sunapee yesterday. Not too crowded and still some great coverage.

Mogul skiing is serious business .

love it^^^^^^^^^^good hands/feet

rog

Really? If this is happening and there is room, count me in. Damn that looks steep. Enough snow this year? This week?
    Sadly, not a stitch of snow.

This line leaves right up from the valley floor just northeast of Middlebury, and the ridge was glacially-scoured, so there is a lot of rocky debris along that ridgeline. Translation: it needs a solid low-elevation snow pack to go. This year, it never got snow. We could have done it last year, and those of us around Midd. are kicking ourselves daily for not getting there last season to hit it.

The line is a narrow drainage slot of open hard woods in an otherwise dense evergreen and cliff-strewn ridge. It is a solid 1000' of vertical with a sustained pitch. I haven't done the math, but it's steep enough for sure. It faces northwest and is shaded, so if there is snow, it sticks and stays. One day, it will be mine. Oh yes. It will be mine. If it ever snows down low again and it's in, lynchy, I'll let you know.

ADDIT: powbmps, that vid is pure gold!
    Last edited by weasel1; 03-19-2012 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    We went today and camped out last night at the cog. We got a freeze last night, not a deep freeze but a freeze and the skiing was kick ass as well as the weather. Plan was to do a lap up top then head down to the GG but it was so good up there getting fresh tracks, that we just stayed there and did a few laps with maybe 5 other people we saw coming and going. We also summited and saw the conga line coming up chute from the obs station. GG had some traffic and still lots of snow in there.
    Glad to see some nice pics from up there! Well, okay, more like April 18 than March 18, but I was worrying it would be more like May 18 by now!
    What was your descent route back to the Cog? (And how painful was it?!?)
    Also, any chance you were able to scope out whether Mother-in-Law / Great Gulf trail is skiable in a connect-the-snow-ribbons manner?
    (I'm pretty sure though that it's not visible at all from where you were.)
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series