Page 318 of 396 FirstFirst ... 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 ... LastLast
Results 7,926 to 7,950 of 9892
    Quote Originally Posted by therudeness View Post
    i love a good ski day but ending it off with a wine-box social is even better!

i would love some beta from anyone who has actually been inside the Mines cabin. Specifically wondering about cooking gear. Thanks!!!
    Been a while since I have been there. It was equipped with pots and pans, plates ,cups and silverwear. only a 12k slog if there is no transport. have fun! [skiing, not slogging if that happens]

Something old, Something new fo T-O-P

What a wild week, last Tuesday I was on my way up to ski 26" of new snow and yesterday it hit 78` at the b-o-b and the area I was skiing is snowless brown grass.

SDW Steins was wall 2 wall top 2 bot saturday evening, was talking to ML around 10 yesterday and told him you could ski it continuous with 2 15' grass sections, This at 6:30 looks toasted

Looks better up high

Last edited by Vt-Freeheel; 04-17-2012 at 04:55 AM.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

HA sent me this shot of steep VT spring gnar. Who's claiming first tracks on this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1334667367.089318.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	415.7 KB 
ID:	114487  

Quote Originally Posted by awf170 View Post
    That booter must have been fucking awful to set. I think Neufox must secretly love setting suffer booters though seeing that he winded the thing all around instead of just going straight up airplane. But yeah, having that thing already set definitely gave Drew and I an extra GG run. Thanks guys!
    I was trying to find supportable snow! I failed!

Definitely wishing we nixed huntington and went back to GG.

Finally got around to uploading some of the video from my trip out west.

/\/\/\ Nice stoke. Trips sounds like it was well worth it.

Anyone have a solly jig they could let me borrow? Switching from the crappy z-style toes to some 916s on my early season skis and using the template to line up with the existing holes has been much more of a pain in the ass then expected. Solly jig would make the job much much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Been a while since I have been there. It was equipped with pots and pans, plates ,cups and silverwear. only a 12k slog if there is no transport. have fun! [skiing, not slogging if that happens]
    Thanks man, getting conflicting reports. One blurry photo of the inside of the cabin seems to show a toaster and at least confirms oven and fridge.

Wild roller coaster.. Winter #4 coming soon?

Here's a random picture from my trip to italy 2 months back. We got lost and stayed in this well stocked bivvac, it was awesome. Seems like they are getting some winter 3.0 over there too

my buddy skied the couloir in the background last year with much more snow

crap, feels like the end of march all over again, this time even hotter on the heels of an amazing storm! nice pics VT-free (the snowy ones)...glad you got! looks like the last set of pics of stein's from weeks back. like the plastic fork in it already melted.

this heat has me thinking it will soon be time to ... er ... move up(TM) to jay. has anyone been there since the oven started up?? weekend weather could be shitty - after such a long run of great days

As Pacino would say, "Hoo-Ah!"

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post

Any mags going to the ACBF in Boston June 1-2? I'm going to the first session on Saturday. Maybe Friday too

http://beeradvocate.com/acbf/tickets

playing on some of the "rarely-in" steeps this past weekend.

thanks be to Ullr

libations for winter part pi

oh...and if you want to see more there'll be a full TR on FIS this afternoon
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

Quote Originally Posted by gpetrics View Post
    playing on some of the "rarely-in" steeps this past weekend.

thanks be to Ullr

libations for winter part pi

oh...and if you want to see more there'll be a full TR on FIS this afternoon
    Nice! Sunset Ridge was all rock today Ready for round Winter 4.0...

Edit from last weekend

JK - made it last weekend, this some footage from 3 runs on what probably was the best day of the my season. Some of the best snow I've ridden in a long time. If any EC mags are doing that POV contest thing, I'll cut out the best parts and donate to the cause. Most of the best riding is by Pete 'Pow Beard' Banta, but I stole the gopro for a few turns. This is edit #2 from that weekend..

It's kindav funny that Pete is somewhat obsessed with filming almost every run he takes w/ his go-pro, sometimes rigged up to kites. But it certainly is nice to document an epic run and have some cool footage to look back on when your 90. I'll be watching this one all summer...

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Any mags going to the ACBF in Boston June 1-2? I'm going to the first session on Saturday. Maybe Friday too

http://beeradvocate.com/acbf/tickets
    I might be going . . . if so, it'll be the first session on Saturday. I'll let you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomCrac View Post
    Suppositories convinced me it was a good idea to wear a helmet.

Bucket - TJ and another friend and I made it up on Sunday, things had hung on well from Tuesday's dump but the sun definitely did it's damage during the afternoon, especially tram side, by 1:00 things were painfully slow. The runs I hiked for Tues. (Green Beret and Valhalla) were barely doable and required some very careful navigation on the steeper entry points. Stateside coverage was solid top to bottom with plenty of soft bumps but after yesterday's blow torch of a day I am guessing that the lower 1/4 is getting tough to keep from being sloppy at best and possibly connected by a few ribbons. Let me know your plan if you decide to head up.

GP - Nicely done per usual.

VTCS - Great edit, that weekend speaks for itself but the Thurs/Fri before "the storm" were underrated gems in my book this season...and a lot less crowded!

Ah, sweet. I thought there might be some snow left there. I'll have to ski that after work this week.

Quote Originally Posted by sequoiashan View Post
    HA sent me this shot of steep VT spring gnar. Who's claiming first tracks on this?

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    VTCS - Great edit, that weekend speaks for itself but the Thurs/Fri before "the storm" were underrated gems in my book this season...and a lot less crowded!
    How about the week after too? Played hookey a few times that week for leftovers and one day, think it was wednesday, woke up to an inch at my place and ~12" at Smuggs. Was nice to work from the cellphone that week Oh Ullr have we not pleased you?! Guess this winter was not so bad, but certainly not my favorite...

You def don't want to fall on spacewalk....but the snow was so soft and deep that if you hit the deck in a place like airplane its not that big a deal. I know cause I hit a rock lurking under the snow and flopped over on the first run.

First of two TRs is up Here, too long for a single. Part II soon...

No doubt. That week set up perfectly for me, wifey and kid went out of town for a week on Thurs., dropped them off at the airport early that morning and got out Thurs.-Mon., took a few days off to recover/"try" to focus on work and then got back to smuggs Wed. and SB on Fri...definitely the week I found my legs. This season definitely had it's share of surprise days and I tried to make the best of them (thanks to TC and another local friend's morning texts telling me to get there) but the lack of consistency that we had last year did make it one I would put towards the bottom of my ranking list over the last 4-5 seasons.

Not sure, but I think you and I met at some point that weekend in the lot, maybe down by the gate? We definitely had to have crossed paths more than a few times this season.

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    Not sure, but I think you and I met at some point that weekend in the lot, maybe down by the gate? We definitely had to have crossed paths more than a few times this season.
    Epic timing for temporary bachelorhood!

I'm sure we've bumped into each other in the lot, gate on possibly waiting for Madonna I to open big Sunday am??. I'm usually riding the all wood powjet on the good days at Smuggs... Met TC and his crew on Big Sunday, real nice bunch, if I was a skier I would def be rockin tha Worths . Overall I love the whole vibe at Smuggs, w/ very few exceptions.. Being super unproductive today, feeling like the season is coming to a close and it's just getting good. Had one of the best runs of my life on Saturday bindingless on gondolier in 20" of slop. So much fun!

Quote Originally Posted by VTColdSmoke View Post
    Epic timing for temporary bachelorhood!

I'm sure we've bumped into each other in the lot, gate on possibly waiting for Madonna I to open big Sunday am??. I'm usually riding the all wood powjet on the good days at Smuggs... Met TC and his crew on Big Sunday, real nice bunch, if I was a skier I would def be rockin tha Worths . Overall I love the whole vibe at Smuggs, w/ very few exceptions.. Being super unproductive today, feeling like the season is coming to a close and it's just getting good. Had one of the best runs of my life on Saturday bindingless on gondolier in 20" of slop. So much fun!

ha! i think i remember you guys on that big sunday. i was the guy in the TC crew messing with the disabled VW near the trail end of the lot - i think you guys were having beers on top of the snowpile nearby?

likewise feeling the dread of the season coming to an abrupt end, though i must say this has been one (or was it two?) of my best springs ever.

it's fortunately a little cooler today. we hit 89F in albany yesterday, and with it came that sick feeling of the snow melting! hoping for a good cold snap to keep things going a little longer!

Dutchman: thanks for the report. back to freezing tonite...hopefully weekend turns out to be drier than the forecast suggests! will give a shout if i end up heading up that way...glad you had a good week out there too!

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    ha! i think i remember you guys on that big sunday. i was the guy in the TC crew messing with the disabled VW near the trail end of the lot - i think you guys were having beers on top of the snowpile nearby?

likewise feeling the dread of the season coming to an abrupt end, though i must say this has been one (or was it two?) of my best springs ever.

it's fortunately a little cooler today. we hit 89F in albany yesterday, and with it came that sick feeling of the snow melting! hoping for a good cold snap to keep things going a little longer!
    Yeah dude that was us. I usually park on the road, but got to Smuggs at 6 AM that morning so I parked pretty close. Was wondering what you were up to w/ that VW, hope you got it fixed... did you have it parked there all weekend?

Glad you have been gettin after it this spring, it certainly has been fun, just sad to watch the snow go :*(

Notch Rd is open and my wife has been saying, your done right? Hopefully she's wrong... would love to head to slackfest on MW if thats an option for a few more...

Notch Rd is open and my wife has been saying, your done right? Hopefully she's wrong... would love to head to slackfest on MW if thats an option for a few more...
    SICK. hope the cars can get 10sk8 nice and clean ASAP... been too coveredin sticks, stones and dogpoo to make a nice ride of it. got me a new board, and i'm ready to start bombing again.
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

Quote Originally Posted by drewvw View Post
    You def don't want to fall on spacewalk....but the snow was so soft and deep that if you hit the deck in a place like airplane its not that big a deal. I know cause I hit a rock lurking under the snow and flopped over on the first run.

First of two TRs is up Here, too long for a single. Part II soon...
    Nice Drew! What a day. I'll say it again, best run of the year. Look forward to part 2 and connecting again soon.
    The Passion is in the Risk

Quote Originally Posted by gpetrics View Post
    SICK. hope the cars can get 10sk8 nice and clean ASAP... been too coveredin sticks, stones and dogpoo to make a nice ride of it. got me a new board, and i'm ready to start bombing again.
    Nice, would so rather fall on snow than on the road tho... hate the dreaded speed wobbles!

Have you seen this yet?

Yeah dude that was us. I usually park on the road, but got to Smuggs at 6 AM that morning so I parked pretty close. Was wondering what you were up to w/ that VW, hope you got it fixed... did you have it parked there all weekend?

Glad you have been gettin after it this spring, it certainly has been fun, just sad to watch the snow go :*(

you guys seemed to cool to not be from around here
    luckily my car resolved itself.

seems though there's rarely an epic day that doesn't take back. in this case my car dumped coolant in the lot in the am, so i topped it up with enough antifreeze to get to the nearest gas station - so i thought - and hit the hill.
    after last chair discovered that the new colant, and everything else i poured into it was going right back out.
    called AAA sat nite, after an hour they essentially told me i was stranded, they weren't coming
    TC rescued me after getting pulled out of a ditch himself. that was 2.5 hours after calling AAA, and needless to say i was starting to shiver uncontrollably!

fast forward to sunday, was hard to concentrate on skiing not knowing how/when i was getting home. but sunday' afternoon's attempts to refill the system were successful (thanks to Smuggs sending a couple of guys over with some complimentary antifreeze - a task AAA was unwilling to do in spite of many years of plus membership), and no problems since. my theory is that in the blowing snow, a sensor must have opened a relief valve that re-set itself on the sunny and milder day.

yea, likewise...glad a few people around here still care about snow sports in mid-april
    having too much fun to let this season end just yet...we'll see what nature has to say about it before too long...yea, maybe the otto road will provide for another day or two up ahead.

edit : POST NUMBER 4500
    Last edited by buckethead; 04-17-2012 at 03:33 PM.

Great stoke y'all.

I'm tied to SoMaine all week unfortunately. Hopefully George will hold some for the weekend (though I saw rain in the forecast).
    "A local is just a dirtbag who can't get his shit together enough to travel."

- Owl Chapman