Page 213 of 396 FirstFirst ... 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,325 of 9892
    Quote Originally Posted by uppernotmaster View Post
    Blue Gentian, The Lodge Vermont. Cheaper like a mile away, the Magic view motel. If you need tickets, let me know. $40 & they'll be waiting for you @ the ticket window

Edit: this was for DEVO. Or anyone else for that matter.
    Thanks for the info and offer. We have some vouchers from a travel site deal to use.

Quote Originally Posted by nfaust View Post
    I'd highly recommend the Colonial Inn, a few miles north on 100 just outside of Weston VT. Reasonable rates and a KILLER breakfast.

Can't comment on conditions as I haven't been up recently due to a move, but Magic's always a great time even if conditions are lacking.
    A "KILLER breakfast" is always tempting.
    on the send bus to gnar town

jgb@etree Guest
    On top of the recommendations above, the Mrs & I have stayed at the Frogs Leap Inn (Londonderry/Weston border on 100) in the past and it's pretty cheap and a touch nicer than some of the other places - awesome breakfast too.

Last weekend was the first of the season that I didn't make it up to Magic, but I'd imagine conditions were similar to the previous week so there should be a few good options that'll be right up your alley. Plus, you get to hang out at Magic - which in my opinion is better than hanging out anywhere else!

C'mon up Devo. While the terrain is a bit limited, I can honestly say it's good. I'd be happy to make some turns with you. JGB has it right! We'll take some "family" runs.

The food is great, bar is really fun., etc.

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    I'll be up at Magic with my gf who is also a intermediate skier so your wife will have someone to take runs with if she wants.

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post

Swede: I'll keep an eye out for you guys - I'm pretty sure I remember what you look like.

Same here, and you'll be on some sort of Bros I assume.

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post

JGB and Swede - I may not be able to get out on Sunday but it is possible as is Monday, at the moment too early to make definite plans. I will shoot you both a PM with my number, would love to meet up to do some hiking if I can get out either day. Looks like the gf can definitely hold her own Swede, and obviously she doesn't mind a little cold weather either!
    Thanks for the digits, Dutchman! Hopefully the getting there goes smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by sequoiashan View Post
    I'll be at Smuggs this weekend, as usual. Keep an eye out for Praxis Concepts. If anyone plans on adventures be safe, things are not stable or predictable at all back there. Last weekend I set off a good size slide that ran to damn near the road. That kind of shit will run you through the trees and rocks like a meat grinder. Bullet proof coral is under any new snow so expect more slides. Snow coming before the freeze.
    Good point, thanks for the heads up.

Haas's website comes through.

It runs the gamut from hope:

to reality:

Tbatt - Is your buddies hut still happening? $40/pp/night? I think you can put me and a buddy from the city down. How many spots are left? PM me what I need to do to make it offishal.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by VTsession View Post
    Can someone give me some good news about some N. VT snow Friday? I'd like a good reason to go back to Stowe.
    Looks cold (forecasted high at elevation is around -2°f both sat and sun), and I'd bet on a few inches of fresh on sat. That being said, up until friday night, I reserve the right to change my mind.
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Quote Originally Posted by uppernotmaster View Post
    C'mon up Devo. While the terrain is a bit limited, I can honestly say it's good. I'd be happy to make some turns with you. JGB has it right! We'll take some "family" runs.

The food is great, bar is really fun., etc.
    Ok, we're in. Just booked us a room at The Lodge for Fri/Sat nights. I'll be in a blue/white jacket, green pants and yellow and white Rossi scratch BC's, grey helmet, and usually ski with a black dakine pack. The kid will be in all black (striped jacket) with a white helmet. Would be great to meet/ski with some of you. Really looking forward to checking out the place.
    on the send bus to gnar town

Quote Originally Posted by akokskis View Post
    Looks cold (forecasted high at elevation is around -2°f both sat and sun), and I'd bet on a few inches of fresh on sat. That being said, up until friday night, I reserve the right to change my mind.
    Yeah it looks COLD. Not sure a few inches is worth the drive, tickets and hotel.

I'll send yo a PM but we're @ the table upstairs by the bar. We should be up around 5 tomorrow. The Lodge (I know it's confusing) the lodge @ the mountain serves food til 10pm & it's very good. We'll have 3 novice girl skiers who would enjoy skiing with the other ladies.

Again, if you need tickets, just let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    wow! glad it worked out for you...scary stuff.

please SNOW!!
    it was actually a pretty funny story in retrospect...

http://www.timefortuckerman.com/foru...hlight=seizure

please SNOW indeed and no offense meant to you...just a friendly question posed to rog.

ML,

1st video you posted was from southern ADK (from what i was told - i don't recognize the slide) and was before another rain / ice / thaw in LP. don't know whether it hit as hard further south.
    Last edited by mtnwriter; 02-08-2012 at 11:46 AM.

Hopefully this keeps heading north...

holy fcuk! where did that bad boy come from...

c'mon boy, go to TC, he's at smuggs (storms don't know )

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post

Umm... Magic could use some love - not like you'd know Mr. I Haven't Been There Yet This Year

Haven't seen you all winter - hope we get a chance to ski together this year.

here's a pic of a wolfjaw slide on 1/28 (not mine):

bring your skates

Quote Originally Posted by half-fast View Post
    here's a pic of a wolfjaw slide on 1/28 (not mine):

bring your skates
    Holy shit, that looks like it will not be safe at any point this year. Any snow falling on that ice is not going to stay put long.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Sequ: what aspect/ line slid? LTC? Easy, Cass or other?

Fighting gravity on a daily basis
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

weird with that weather radar- noaa is reporting nothing for the catskills. wtf- i know they are off but for realz?

Quote Originally Posted by lemmycaution View Post
    weird with that weather radar- noaa is reporting nothing for the catskills. wtf- i know they are off but for realz?
    Monticello, NY weather station is reporting 40% humidity...

Quote Originally Posted by BigAirSkier1580 View Post
    Monticello, NY weather station is reporting 40% humidity...

I haven't posted on this thread before, so just wanted to say "what's up" to everyone! Anybody have a good status update on conditions at Jay in particular? My buddies and I from Buffalo want to come up and ski it at some point this winter, but well, winter has been . . .

Quote Originally Posted by lemmycaution View Post
    You can already see the storm "drying up" and breaking apart as it progresses eastward.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    Umm... Magic could use some love - not like you'd know Mr. I Haven't Been There Yet This Year

Haven't seen you all winter - hope we get a chance to ski together this year.
    Um Magic - and the rest of VT are en route to smuggs...get it?
    And I have. I had an awesome day a couple of sunday's back (jan 22) but maybe that was the one weekend you weren't there. even skiied parts of red, cored my brand new axioms last couple of runs, and was still happy!
    the place looked one good storm away from being in...but alas, you know - the story of this season.

yea, we gotta take some turns before this one's done. not sure i'll get as far north as smuggs this w/e...trying to log some days on my pass at MRG...and hoping there's enough snow coming to get off the groomers.

i'm guessing you're logging lots of laps on those superbros!

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post

No idea...coming down a pretty good clip here in central NJ (best we've seen since the October nor'easter).

Hopefully it keeps it's act together and heads for VT

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    You can already see the storm "drying up" and breaking apart as it progresses eastward.
    yeah, saw that after my orig post. doesnt take much to get me packing up the car these days.....

Quote Originally Posted by nfaust View Post
    No idea...coming down a pretty good clip here in central NJ (best we've seen since the October nor'easter).

Hopefully it keeps it's act together and heads for VT
    Same here in morristown, dont think this one is gonna make the turn north though. Anything from Mr Hutz?