Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I shot Sony for quite some time until I finally upgraded to full frame. I went to Canon because I shoot a lot of high iso and the 5d II beat the a900 in this department. I can also find used canon glass for less the sony/minolta products. And Sony doesn't make a 24mm f1.4. Plus I travel so much its nice to now I find a better chance of picking up spare parts abroad.

But there are more then enough lenses in the sony/minolta lineup for almost anyone. I think the biggest advantage sony has right now is the in-camera stabilisation. I don't care about the argument of if its as effective or not, it is a hell of a lot cheaper and stabilises all of your lenses.

The translucent mirror idea doesn't seem to be adding much right now, but in the future could have some really nice implications. Canon tried this about 20 years ago, but the tech wasn't quite there yet. It will be interesting to see if they ever go back.

In the end it makes almost no difference what brand you go with, unless you have a specialized application you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by cmor View Post
    The translucent mirror idea doesn't seem to be adding much right now
    Fastest (12) FPS of any DSLR on the market while maintaining full time phase detect AF (even in live view and video modes). That's a significant break thru...
    This is the worst pain EVER!