Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Sad to see this end.I have been looking forward to the live feed for the last week.But I got the go ahead from my wife for next year if I choose.But man I hate the fucking dust.

Just got back form picking up Pizza @ The Gold Ranch, So many Filthy Pretty younuns limping home from burning man.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Splat,those pics deserve their own thread Good job on capturing the vibe for the rest of us.The pic of you on the bike is classic.

Yeah, that looked great dude.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

So I guess you didn't run into our (former?) maggot friend who you once stayed with who was also there?
    [quote][//quote]

Whom might that be?
    Once you're in, it's hard to run into anyone unless you have their address.

Snorkeldeep. Pretty sure he was there.
    [quote][//quote]

I'm pretty sure I need to go to that one day. I love the Trojan Horse.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Hundreds of people pulled the horse out into the playa with ropes and it was burned one night. It was supposedly an exact replica. And it was very cool.

I saw the Trojan horse burn on the webcast...really cool. Temple burn was cool.
    Terje was right.

The lack of nudity in those Splat pix is... remarkable. Any tasty treats from the last girl?

Shiite, there was a big orgy tent right next door to our camp but I never felt inclined to get pics. But these ladies posing with my friend Abe hung out at our camp and were very fun...

what do you mean by "exact replica"? Think about that one for a sec.
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

Same size as the original etc.. Look at the thing, you could fit a small army inside.
    Terje was right.

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    Is there anyone there NOT on drugs?
    Yes.

8 more characters.

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    Maybe, but most of them are drunk.

I didn't realize until I read a lot about it last night that it really is a big drunk fest. They actually have a warning on their site for sober people that they will see and smell a lot of people drinking and doing drugs.

I get the whole concept of self expression and artistic expression, but I think for most people it really is just another excuse to get fucked up.
    For someone who has never been, you sure know a lot about it.

And there are drug laws, you better believe it. There are 6 separate law enforcement agencies out there, and the competition is fierce amongst personal to be allowed to attend. There's alot of talent out there.

I heard they caught 2 of the fbi's 10 most wanted out there last year...

They had a dna sample they dug up in troy.

doughboyshredder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    For someone who has never been, you sure know a lot about it.

And there are drug laws, you better believe it. There are 6 separate law enforcement agencies out there, and the competition is fierce amongst personal to be allowed to attend. There's alot of talent out there.
    Did you not see the word "think"? Did I ever claim to be an authority?

Care to clear up my perception? Are there a lot of sober people at burning man?

Not saying it's not a feast of artistic expression. I think it is, and a lot of it is awesome, and I would love to experience it. But, I also think for a LOT of people it's just another excuse to get wasted. Please correct me if I'm wrong. What percentage of people there do you think are using drugs? Drinking? Sober?

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Just got back. Holy shit. The man was hidden but thick. But the times were great. Simply put, shit is going off EVERYWHERE all at the same time. Watched the burn last night and bailed at sunrise to beat the unbelievable dust storm traffic makes. Jumped in the first lake we saw. Dusty? Understatement of the year. And it was relatively wind free this time. I've been there on a wind day from hell before and it's ugly.
    Fuck motherfuck! You were there! Why the fuck don't I know these things. You should have stopped by our bar (G-Spot - 7:30 & A). Splat on our stripper pole would have been the shit.
    My little project (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Black-...36468609729176) went pretty well. I blew through most of my supplies on Friday helping people tie PlayaFlies. Had a dude dressed as Batman who turned out to be a guide from Colorado. Was cool to talk shop with him out there and tie while all the crazy shit happened around us.

P.S. Took a pole (old fly reel on an 11ft surf rod) to the Pier (300ft pier built by a North Tahoe crew) on Saturday and caught a Ranger and Crabs (separately - not crabs from the Ranger). Missed out on hooking the topless mermaid though.
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Shiite, there was a big orgy tent right next door to our camp but I never felt inclined to get pics. But these ladies posing with my friend Abe hung out at our camp and were very fun...
    The chick on the right makes me feel funny in my pants.

Bump for 2014

Any of you kooks going to the Burn?

I'm sure there will be plenty. I know of a few. I always wait for a ticket to fall in my lap. Didn't happen last year but who's to say. I hope I'll be out on a fire by then. If not, I hope a ticket falls in my lap.

I'll be there at The G-Spot, 7 &A. Stop by our bar during the day and I'll make sure you get some of the good alcohol or come during one of our shows to watch some excellent Burlesque: http://www.theimaginariumbrc.info/
    Not sure of our show times yet.
    I will probably be running Black Rock Citys only Fly fishing shop again during a few of the afternoons out there so come by and I'll help you tie your very own playafly.
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying