Geomangear Magicshine Light Recall

Anybody dealing with this situation? I sent my recalled batteries back in april and still have not received replacements. Every time I try to make an inquiry to geoman gear I just get an automated response that basically says be patient. I'm starting to get pissed especially because they are selling the new batteries on their website. Has anybody received replacement batteries? Does anybody have advise on how to handle this situation? I want to get some nite ridin in.

Same boat here. Not much to be done, really. I am pretty sure that if Geoman doesn't sell any new product, they will go under. In which case, no battery for you either way. From what I can tell, they are one of the most honest and ethical companies in the industry, they are doing whatever they can. Voluntarily, I might add, they weren't forced to offer this recall...
    But yeah, light season is upon us for sure. Making a better replacement battery is super-duper easy if you have soldering skillz, BTW.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

just buy another one. what can you expect for $80? I never sent mine back and it still works. if it spontaneously combusts, I will get another one. spending another $40 or whatever for a battery is a lot less headache than getting frustrated with no response and contant emailing.

Quote Originally Posted by garuda View Post
    I never sent mine back and it still works. .
    Same here. Don't intend to send it back either. If it dies, i definitely got my $$$ worth out of it considering how cheap it is.
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

as rideit says, the recall was voluntary -- no other seller of magicshine even offered it -- and geoman has to sell new ones to finance the recalled batteries.

But I already got mine, so admittedly it's easy to support them.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

also, "geoman" was a great dude, mtb rider, lived in Santa Fe. Sadly, he lost his fight with cancer last year. since then his sister (afaik) took over the reigns.

i heard she's cool, but maybe not as on-top-of it as J was. Be patient or just buy a new battery. the whole place is run by good people and no one is going to get screwed.

I have two batteries, never sent 'em back as I bought cash straight from J so not in their computer. not worried about it. I charge them in a metal coffee can and try to keep an eye on 'em. otherwise, the lights are sweet.

rip geoman. that dude was a cool guy.

Thanks for the insight on geoman and his company. Sounds like he was a good guy and his company got caught in a tough spot trying to do the right thing. Sad that the cancer got him. I've been wishing I never sent the batteries back, and just took my chances with them. Oh well, sh*t happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    Same here. Don't intend to send it back either. If it dies, i definitely got my $$$ worth out of it considering how cheap it is.
    Same here. Yeah, shouldn't have sent them back. Too late now, just get a new light. Keep Geoman afloat, get a nice upgrade, and have a spare battery once the recall comes through. And use your spare light to get a friend hooked on night riding. the MJ-872 quad XPG looks pretty sweet.

FYI the posting on his website says Oct 31st deadline for the first wave of recalls, and Dec 31st for the second. If you sent back in April you are in the first wave, but that's still a long time without lights.

I sent one battery back and picked up another of the shit/recalled designs off of azon or eGhey. For $40 bucks, you can't go wrong. If it shit's the bed in half a year, I got more than my money's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Tonics View Post
    I charge them in a metal coffee can and try to keep an eye on 'em.
    Genius. Will do the same from now on.

I sent mine in april (maybe early May).

Still waiting.

But I'm patient.
    come join me, rideit, and all the other retarts at f88me. Now under new management!

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    Genius. Will do the same from now on.
    I charge my in my asshole neighbor's box of greasy rags, lint, and woodchips.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

^^LOL

Sorry to read about geoman the man, had not heard.
    Did the company recover?