Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Avalanches on planes are a big problem?
    No, but flying to ski locales (with your avy bag), is.

Here is Lou's review of the 7.8lbs version:
    http://www.wildsnow.com/5886/mystery...jack-review-2/

Quote Originally Posted by otto parts View Post
    Bump for Mystery update-they seem a whole lot more interested, should know if a go and pricing next week.

Thanks to SFB for the assist.
    Bump...any word yet?
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Should know next week. Sounds like a deal.
    Life of a repo man is always intense.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    fkna stoked Wasatch powder skis is hoping to be demoing and be able to hook people flying into wasangles with cartriges.
    huge props op for gettin er rollin
    the fact that companies can and are willing to offer this e-nut shop hook ups is
    One more reason political asshatery has no place in or on the new posts or todays post page.
    IMO
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

In for 2. From BCA or MR
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everyone else" Jamie Pierre

And after seeing the vid and reading the review, count me in.

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Bummer you cant take on planes, kinda negates purpose for me sadly. But locals can have advantage and many choices. Avy vest is interesting though
    I think if you take the gas cylinder out and empty it, it would be fine? That's the major sticking point.

I am interested in either deal.

Also interested in either bag. Thank you for working on this! Save some lives comrads!

count me in for a deal on either bag

I really wish MR made one a bit smaller... 43L is almost double what I've been rocking for the last 5 years (22L BD covert AvaLung).
    Though I still want to know the price for this group buy. I'm just waiting for the right pack on which to splurge.
    mmmm, snow

Interested, but given the retail on mystery ranch I'm not sure a group buy price will really be w/in budget, but prove me wrong or make me change my budget.

Also interested, thanks for doing this

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    I think if you take the gas cylinder out and empty it, it would be fine? That's the major sticking point.
    I believe protocol is to take the top valve completely of. Essentially means that you will need to probably replace the O-ring each time you fly, and also grab some thread tape to help seal it when putting it back together.

@Snowmaster. I hear ya on the smaller size; I've been rocking a 22L for years and love it. But you kind of have to go a little bit bigger with avy packs because of the cylinder and tubing that takes up the additional free room. So I bet you'll get it and say to yourself that there isn't that much more room than your other pack.

Interested in 2 36s
    Last edited by Cascadian; 09-26-2011 at 05:19 PM.

Interested up here in WA

Deal is off read the OP, as he edited it, BCA seemed like douche bags, now this confirms it.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    Deal is off read the OP, as he edited it, BCA seemed like douche bags, now this confirms it.
    Deal has changed if you would have read the other posts. It is looking like mystery ranch might be up to doing a group buy.
    The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander1310 View Post
    @Snomaster. I hear ya on the smaller size; I've been rocking a 22L for years and love it. But you kind of have to go a little bit bigger with avy packs because of the cylinder and tubing that takes up the additional free room. So I bet you'll get it and say to yourself that there isn't that much more room than your other pack.
    Thanks for the advise. I wasn't even thinking of the capacity taken up by the plumbing, silly me.

And DAS BLUNT^ true the BCA deal is off, but a Mystery Ranch hookup is looking promising.
    mmmm, snow

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    I don't think they're db's, I've had nothing but great service from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    I don't think they're db's, I've had nothing but great service from them.
    Not wanting to or being legally able to undercut their dealers by selling direct to "public" is not DBaggery.

Plus it's not like they're hawking/price maintaining some overpriced, overstyled - this years new pro-model or 2012 colors - product like clothing, goggle or ski manufacturers.

Excellent company, superb products and great customer service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I'm probably in for a bag depending on pricing and what kind of funds I have laying around when things come together. Goddamn, I started looking at TGR wayyy to early this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander1310 View Post
    I believe protocol is to take the top valve completely of. Essentially means that you will need to probably replace the O-ring each time you fly, and also grab some thread tape to help seal it when putting it back together.

@Snowmaster. I hear ya on the smaller size; I've been rocking a 22L for years and love it. But you kind of have to go a little bit bigger with avy packs because of the cylinder and tubing that takes up the additional free room. So I bet you'll get it and say to yourself that there isn't that much more room than your other pack.
    I don't have experience with the blackjack, but for Snowpulse and BCA, you just unscrew the cylinder head off (after empyting) and hand screw back on. No thread tape or loctite or nothin. You would need to replace the oring each time you empty the cylinder. MR sells 10 rings and grease for $10 = $1 each time.

You guys should try talking to Snowpulse and ABS if MR doesn't work out. Ya, not 'merican but better product IMO.

Any word?
    The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.