Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thumbs up SICK skibase off the Matterhorn

Matthias dodges a close one in one of the sickest videos ever.

BALLS!!!! very big balls to pull that off... glad he kept his wits when he started over the handlebars

I am not worthy

That was pretty cool.

Blurred, why don't you come to Europe for a winter? Aside from a lack of sled skiing, the place would suit you.

Not long for this world. Looked like a pretty retarded stunt in my eyes.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

you can die doing that, lucky and blessed
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    2nd that.
    Soooo close... Kind of felt bad for the guy when watching. Got the same feeling as when watching people puch to hard on comps an get hurt, because of the combined group/industry presure.

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    You can die at any time just driving the freeway getting to work and back. That guys life, if cut short by his "retarded stunt" or not is fuller than just about anyone's that walks this earth.
    (imho of course)

The non-POV clip at the end makes it a lot more impressive. I thought he just threw a front flip before I saw that. Lucky bastard.

I have to say, though, that getting heli-ed up, then straigtlining 50 yards off a cliff is a little contrived, in my opinion. I mean, why not just jump out of the heli from near the summit? Same difference, for the most part.

Would have been much cooler if he skied off, dumped skis then wing suited down north face!
    TGR Bureau Chief, Greenwater, WA

Quote Originally Posted by skajah View Post
    You can die at any time just driving the freeway getting to work and back. That guys life, if cut short by his "retarded stunt" or not is fuller than just about anyone's that walks this earth.
    (imho of course)
    A half hour with a shovel (or just waiting for more favorable conditions) would have made the difference between a retarded stunt where pretty much only luck saved his ass, and a badass but fairly safe skibase that could probably be repeated countless times without an issue.

It even looks like if he'd taken a left turn 10 feet before takeoff he could have launched off of snow, but instead he wants to use rocks as a takeoff.

Not my life though, so what do I care? Hope to see some more entertaining vids from him before he dies.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

if i could only count the times i have saved my own life by throwing an impromptu frontie off the Matterhorn

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    A half hour with a shovel (or just waiting for more favorable conditions) would have made the difference between a retarded stunt where pretty much only luck saved his ass, and a badass but fairly safe skibase that could probably be repeated countless times without an issue.

It even looks like if he'd taken a left turn 10 feet before takeoff he could have launched off of snow, but instead he wants to use rocks as a takeoff.

Not my life though, so what do I care? Hope to see some more entertaining vids from him before he dies.
    20/20 hindsight.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Dog is my co-pilot

Queue up Jamie Pierre talking about how God had something to do with this guys survival
    Last edited by the_immaculatedeception; 09-01-2011 at 05:28 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by skajah View Post
    (imho of course)
    And just how does jumping off a cliff make a life "fuller"?
    picador

Homeboy has some serious ninja reflexes; that pitch forward looked GNARLY.
    imz-design
    industrial design • new product development
    http://www.imz-design.com/

That was pretty damn burly!

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Welcome to life, enjoy your stay, it's only temporary.
    Life is simple. Go Explore.

taking a helicopter to the top of the matterhorn instead of climbing it--not cool

WHoa...I'm not sure if that was cool, stupid or something else?

Looks like he was getting that sketch uneasy 2nd thoughts feeling before the helicopter even took off. Then again who wouldn't!? considering his plan for the day.... Really lucky though.

Who the fuck hucks off the Matterhorn then has the wits about him to throw the casual front flip?
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMtnPinhead View Post
    if i could only count the times i have saved my own life by throwing an impromptu frontie off the Matterhorn

lmao. nice breh.

Balls of steel and Ninja skills, sick.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

nOTHIN' lIkE PuSHIn' the ENVELOpe...........KUDOS
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

I am all for pov.
    But they had a heli. I would love to see
    a shot from farther out.