Best shorts/bibs for the wimminz?

My wife needs new shorts or bibs. Which are the favorites for the ladies among us?
    She's tried on Capo, Pearl, & Specialized high end stuff but was not thrilled. I love
    my Assos & Castelli bibs, but she's never worn bibs. What say ye? She wants high-end stuff, as she's riding a lot.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

I have bibs that I love, but only really for road biking. I wear baggies on the MTB. But anyway - I have a pair of Giordana Forma Red Carbon bibs that are awesome and have lasted years and 2 pairs of Sugoi RSE bibs that I love as well. The bib fit is definitely nicer, but you do have extra hassle for bathroom stops - I think it's worth it for comfort, but YMMV.
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"

Bibs are not the best option for women. You have to undress to pee or be very good at undressing inside your jersey which doesn't work well if you're sweaty. Did she ask for some or are you thinking you like them so she would probably like them too? I wear them on the trainer or on road rides, but never mt biking. I haven't had any new high end PI shorts in a few years, but those have always been my favorite for spandex shorts.

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    Bibs are nice.... until you need a 'comfort break'.
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

punkmouse got her first bibs not long ago (Castelli, the podium collection stuff that's been on bonktown a lot, got the women's specific ones) and is in love. Best to plan rides such that bathroom breaks are unnecessary or well-timed.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

She's interested in bibs...I don't ever presume to buy her clothes without a clear indication of which brand, style, & size. The bathroom thing is naturally a potential problem, but she mostly trains alone (100% road), so she can stop when she needs to & isn't shy. We'll keep an eye out for the listed options.

More ideas?
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

How has nobody posted a pic of a chick in sweet bib overalls yet?

Of course to do bibs right- you need full zip cycling jerseys. Sorry no suggestion on women's bibs, as I am not a woman, but definitely want to shop women specific designs and have her try them on in person if possible. I've been told women's fit is much different than men- and so stick with major name brands.

Quote Originally Posted by LaBelle23 View Post
    Bibs are not the best option for women. You have to undress to pee or be very good at undressing inside your jersey which doesn't work well if you're sweaty.
    How exactly do you think the men do it? I'm also not sure if the logistics of some dresses are easier.

To add some real content, Louis Garneau has universal appeal among the female riders I know.

Just got my wife the Canari Legacy bibs. She LOVES them. First pair of bibs, but she's had other nice shorts. No rubber elastic on the legs, really nice pad, and stay cool.

I fucking LOVE Castelli bib's. I also have a Garneau pair that is really comfy. I wore my PI shorts the other day after realizing my bibs were in the washer. It was fucking miserable.
    Training for Alpental