Jaded Rejects on Powder.com

interesting story, humorous take, per usual, from The Jaded Local:

Things have reached the point where someone could stick a 375-foot jump on a pair of 20-plus year old skis and not one professional Ski Journalist notices. How do I know this? Because that’s exactly what a guy from Bozeman named Rolf Wilson did in February 2011. Apparently, all the Ski Journalists were too busy re-tweeting press releases from energy drink companies on their iBerries to care. Or maybe the snow was really good that week.

cont'd here: http://www.powdermag.com/stories/jaded-rejects-5/

Hi Hans! I like your writing.

Haha this is great.

From now on, if we say anything about going big, we should have to keep it the context of Rolf Wilson. Like, “The gap jump at the photo shoot was so huge it was like… almost half as big as Rolf Wilson goes on his warmup runs.”

ChiefRedPants and I used to lift weights and train with Rolf at his gym in Bozeman. Nice guy. Good to see him get some pub. Apparently he and his brother have been trading the gelande record back and forth for years.

I gave that guy my speed skis. I saw him jump at snowbird, went home and thought "these skis need a better home."

what's a freuchen?

Well said.

And congrats to Rolf for rocking that jump!
    imz-design
    industrial design • new product development
    http://www.imz-design.com/

I mean that's cool and respectable and all, but there's a reason that it's not covered by anyone... I'd much rather see guys sending cliffs and skiing pow than going off a nordic jump on alpine skis in spandex.

I'm not surprise no one noticed. Red Bull didn't build the jump. Balls move though. Do it BN and you really score points.
    Last edited by the_immaculatedeception; 08-30-2011 at 05:46 PM. Reason: i type like an ape

he gets tons of credit round here

we celebrate in February

Awesome...and makes me feel a little better about still rocking 997s.

my old roommate grew up doing the gelande thing... scares the crap outta me... way more sketchy and unnatural than anything Ive ever seen in a terrain park (triples included)

i admit the jaded local is the first page i go to when i open the mag. well, after the front page, of course.

That is why I read Powder. The world needs more writing like that. And Rolf has got big friggen balls. Respect.
    Recently overheard: "Hey Ralph, what were you drinking that time that you set your face on fire?"

I totally tweeted this.
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

Rad! Rolf and his brother coached me back in the day....
    Flying the Bluehouse colors in Western Canada! Let me know if you want some rad skis!!

"He is god of snow; the one called Ullr. Son of Sif, step son of Thor. He is so fierce a bowman and ski-runner that none may contend! He is quite beautiful to look upon and has all the characteristics of a warrior. It is wise to invoke the name of Ullr in duels!"

-The Gylfaginning

to be fair, it's not like there was a crowd there watching it happen either (unless the picture is from a warm-up or something). lack of interest = lack of interest
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Hans free pmgear carbon fibered skis if you kick the shit out of John Symms and that freeskier newschool non powderskiing Rooge chump.
    Must have pics or viddy
    I have the complete faith in the Jaded Locals ability to beat these no powder steezetards down.
    Tell KD the hookers and blow offer stands and of course is extended to you and for gods sake quit
    fuckin freeskier xgames parkski reviewin up the magazine called
    POWDER.
    Thanks again for bringing the lutz evey month
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Always enjoy his articles.
    Calmer than you dude

Good Stuff.. Definitely enjoyed Volume #2.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Got to jump with his older brother Brent a few years ago. Most fun I've ever had coming in DFL.

Say what you will about guys in spandex, its major fucking pucker-factor when you point 'em down the in-run.