Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

London maggots - beers?

It's time we organise something. How about we head East? Been wanting to hit Tayyabs for a while. Mid to late September good for me. Newcomers welcome.

Aye. Tuesdays / Wednesdays best for me.

Ski/Snowboard JONG!

Also up for this. Weds preferred but Tues would be OK too. Tayyab is an excellent idea. Maybe beers at the Ten Bells or the Golden Hind then walk over there (takes about 10 mins)?
    fur bearing, drunk, prancing eurosnob

Hi Guys,
    I relocated from Bozeman to London a couple months ago, I'd love to meet the London mags and Tayyab looks great. I'm always ready for beer! Pretty much any time/day works for me.

on another note, my wife got a job recently working for Iglu.com selling ski vacations. anyone got any info on that company, good or bad experiences?
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

will be great to meet you when the beers get sorted
    i haven't ever booked through iglu but they have been around for a long time by interweb standards (maybe since about 2000ish - have a vague recollection of getting an email from someone saying their friend had set it up.) suggests to me that it is a relatively well run company as these places go

Damn, fez,I was wondering where you were at. Are you in the witness protection program for documenting the stashes at Bridger?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Damn, fez,I was wondering where you were at. Are you in the witness protection program for documenting the stashes at Bridger?
    all i did was make the 'stepping up' website. honest.

midlife crisis dude, chucked that ski bum lifestyle, sold my motorcycle, moved to the big city and got a real job. i think i did that backwards, but having a blast. i guess not being in the mountain lifestyle mode i havent been on tgr much. but i'm stoked to meet some of the mags this side and expand my alps experience.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

Fez, really what the fuck? You've been in London for two months and stayed silent.

I've not used a ski holiday company for a good few years. I think Gordycamp was the last time. I see Iglu adds all over the place however, so they're probably well established. If your better half gets any discounts, even better.

So what day/date? Al, have you called Andy & Gita?

Yeah, sorry Hayduke. When i first got here I posted up to see if anyone had a room to rent, other than that i guess i went dark. Haven't even really been checking the board at all. Al and I had messaged back and forth a couple times. Hopefully meet you all in a few weeks.

I read what reviews i could find on the interwebs about Iglu, seems like most of the negative ones center around their refund policy (pretty strict). She gets a free ski trip if she lasts the season (Sept - Feb). Last year they went to Val d'Isere. She has skied at most of the BC resorts they sell and a good number of the US ones, so should be a good job for her.
    Ben Franklin

I've been in touch with bad_roo - plans are up in the air at the moment so he says go ahead and he'll try to make it.

How about Tuesday 13th or Wednesday 21st?

Think I've forgotten a few people. Chowdah rider, you about?

I'll drop chowdahider an email
    wed 21st would be my preference but could also do 13th if that is better for everyone

Let's go with the 21st then. I'll try to drag the Mrs along too.

21st works for me.
    Ben Franklin

That week might be tough for me, but I will do my best!
    Fez it would be great to meet, I did the same reverse move from Colorado to London 3 years ago.
    Skiah for life

I'm going to try and come down to the big smoke for this. will try and organise a work visit to coincide. that's if my next child isn't born in the meantime.

Right now I doubt I can make this.

Besides, who wants three brothers in the same building? Crazy stuff!
    Not around much these days.

Quote Originally Posted by ChowdahRidah View Post
    That week might be tough for me, but I will do my best!
    Fez it would be great to meet, I did the same reverse move from Colorado to London 3 years ago.
    Yeah for sure. Especially if you handle has anything to do with a New England background. I'm originally from Mass. I generally dont have much going on, so let me know and I'll meet for beers any time.
    Ben Franklin

We still doing this thing?
    Ben Franklin

Yes. Ten Bells at 7 work for people? It's in Shoreditch, on the corner of Commercial Street and Fournier Street.

Might not be there at 7 sharp but should be there for 730
    Looking forward to it!

see you there.
    I'll be the big guy looking lost.
    I may be a bit early, i'm not sure how long i can take staying at work and dont really feel like going home first.
    Ben Franklin

don't worry
    if Hayduke is coming he'll be there from noon

I'm at the bells, sitting at the bar wearing a grey sweater (or jumper I guess). Too many dirtbags to spot a maggot!
    Ben Franklin

I've got to go to London for a couple of days.

Any good recs for beer drinking establishments? Also good Fish n Chips?
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Drinker View Post
    I've got to go to London for a couple of days.

Any good recs for beer drinking establishments? Also good Fish n Chips?
    Looking to try beers from there or just to drink beer? If the first I have some recommendations from my last few trips but I'll have to dig through some pages to find em