Page 5 of 181 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    i predict massive snow to the sierras, with the occasional lull maybe for a month/month and a half just like every other la nina...

just saying......its coming
    whatever I feel like i what to do!

We got merger fever!

With all this merger fever flying around and wild combination combo ideas being dreamed up, I hereby propose for 11/12 Skier666 and Powdork merge to give us a unique mix of both Portrait and Landscape oriented POV footage all in one video

Thank god for Tahoeweatherdiscussion posts alluding to snowflakes...sweating balls in SF today.

Quote Originally Posted by RaccoonFace View Post
    Oh man... I hope not.

okbye

If it has to be it has to be.
    i think the tr you are referring to only occurs if we don't get snow to start the winter. if there's snow, the clothes stay on.

mostly

was that seanhav in the vid?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Had to be, I've watched this 09/10 season edit about 11 billion times and recognize quite a bit of footage.

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    In terms of South Lake sushi, I've enjoyed a number of meals at Naked Fish over the years. A buddy I went to elementary school with owns it.

As with Deciblast, I, too, am spoiled by the wealth of raw fish that San Francisco has to offer (insane freshness/quality, cheap prices), and this is the only place I've hit in Tahoe that even comes close (sorry but Mamasake is WAY over-priced and WAY over-rated, as, too, is Mikune). Java in Truckee was okay, as I remember, but then I wasn't paying for the meal. As for Sushi Pier, I've heard decent things about that place from tourists, Reno locals, and Truckee/Tahoe locals...it's on the list to hit this season.
    Naked Fish has the best quality in South Lake. It's also really expensive..

My perfect day is first chair at Heavenly down Gun Barrel... then head to Mott after they open... then over to North Bowl woods/Perimeter/Stagecoach... then over to Firebreak... then head to Sushi Pier by 3PM for lunch $18 all you can eat. They run through fish quickly so it's always pretty fresh. This is the only all you can eat sushi place I've ever recommended.

I am planning on paddle boarding next tues/wens/thurs.

Hey, if any south lakers are looking for ski lease people, my GF and I are looking. Might have gone Squaw, but we both already bought K-wood passes.

PS - Raps, you're in SF now too? EC goes WC.

I may be interested in a ski lease in South Tahoe as well, so anyone looking to fill spots please PM me with the details.

hey hey - it is spam with pictures

Hey all you San Francisco Bay and Northern California backcountry enthusiasts. You may have read some weather wisdom from 213 on the tahoe and eastern sierra threads. Or maybe it was the off da hook glimpses into his backcountry adventures. Well the time has come, 213 is presenting a slide show on October 4, 2011 in Santa Rosa.

My local climbing club is stoked to have him and I want to personally invite everyone to come check it out.

Below are all the details

Rock Ice & Mountain Club Presents:

Ben Hatchett: Mountain Weather for High Altitude Gravity Enthusiasts

Location: Round Table Pizza, 2065 Occidental Road, Santa Rosa

Time & Date: Tuesday, October 4th, 2011 @ 7:30 PM (Social hours and free beer for members at 6:30)
    Directions: From Highway 101 at Santa Rosa go west on Highway 12 to Stony Point Road Exit. Go straight from the middle lane at the light onto Occidental Road. The Round Table Pizza is on the right just down the road.

Ben Hatchett is a homegrown Californian who has been a disciple of the mountain lifestyle for 16 years. Ben relocated to Nevada to complete his Ph.D in atmospheric science from the University of Nevada, Reno. Ben’s goal in life is to never stop having fun, to experience the best of the Sierra alpine environs in all seasons and to travel to mountain ranges that test his limits.

Ben will be showing photos from a variety of his mountain activities, mostly in California, but also Europe and Alaska, and will share insight about forecasting techniques and mountain weather phenomena that can be readily used to enhance your own backcountry adventures. Check out his website at http://www.powdiction.com for sierra weather updates and skiing, snowboarding and climbing outings.

Future Rock Ice & Mountain Club Presentations:

November 1: Mike Libecki - Mike will present about 5 short films on his expeditions to Antarctica, Greenland, Venezuela, China, and Afganistan. This is a can't miss presentation. http://www.mikelibecki.com
    If you have not seen any of Mike's presentations or videos, you gotta make it up to this one. It will be killer.

December 6: Greg Crouch - Pagatonia
    http://gregcrouch.com/about

Greg has done a lot of climbing in Patagonia and will give a solid presentation about his climbing adventures in Patagonia.

Membership:

Membership in the Rock Ice and Mountain club is $20 annually (or $25 for a family membership). Membership is not required to attend monthly meeting and presentations.

Membership benefits include organized climbing and mountaineering trips, and miscellaneous coupons (varies over time) from places like Hood Mountain Adventures, Mountain Hardware and Vertex Indoor Climbing Gym. Current members also get a pro-deal with Mountainsmith.

The Rock Ice and Mountain Club is the North Bay's premiere climbing and backcountry club. Founded in 1994, we provide climbing opportunities and networking to the North San Francisco Bay community through frequent outings and monthly gatherings. Our free monthly meetings on the first Tuesday of each month have features lecture and slide presentations by members and world class climbers like: David Wilson, Glen Denny, The Benegas Brothers, Tom Cole, R.D. Coran, Jerry Dodrill, Armin Fisher, Hans Florine, Jacqeline Florine, Tom Shore, Jim Thornburg, John Hart, Josh Helling, Bob Hoffman, Kevin Jorgesen, Robert Link, Doug Robinson, Tom McMillan, Chris McNamara, Ron Kauk, Chris Jones, Doug Stoup, Cory Rich, Ed Cooper and special events with Conrad Anker, Galen Rowell, Royal Robbins and Andy Selters.

Recent shows have included account of climbing in Asia, Nepal, Sierra Nevada and the Southwest deserts. The club organizes trips in Sonoma County, Pinnacles, Yosemite, Tahoe and other locations in California and beyond.

http://www.rockicemountain.org

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Hey, if any south lakers are looking for ski lease people, my GF and I are looking. Might have gone Squaw, but we both already bought K-wood passes.

PS - Raps, you're in SF now too? EC goes WC.
    Haha yeah man been out here 2 years now - congrats on the move - lets catch up over some beers.

I think it's time to officially end the other Tahoe thread and move to this one.

http://tahoeweatherdiscussion.com/mj...sible-next-wed

WTF?

Sitting and drinking alone at the old bridge, and not the cool one with the hookers... Hell even splitter isn't here.

Color me disappointed. At least I can drink my sorrows away!

If your close (reading this post is close enough... Yes you too 6er) hop in your car, pick your friends up and get to the old bridge pub for splitter's art show, beer and a nano-maggot-preseason-hops summit.

okbye
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

thx raccoon for pulling this together every year! i'm back after a summer hiatus to post in this most important thread.

powder mag hitting the mailbox, tgr last week @ alpine (and i frickin won some bent chetlers in the raffle!!!), squaw pass now = squaw + alpine this season, fall in the air and look what we have for next week!?

woot! woot!

http://tahoeweatherdiscussion.com/

Quote Originally Posted by freshies View Post
    i frickin won some bent chetlers in the raffle!!!
    That was you? I congratulated you without realizing who you were.
    not counting days 2016-17

Well yeah i saw that too as I was right there. FKNA. Can you say that for Atomic skis?
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

Quote Originally Posted by freshies View Post
    thx raccoon for pulling this together every year! i'm back after a summer hiatus to post in this most important thread.

powder mag hitting the mailbox, tgr last week @ alpine (and i frickin won some bent chetlers in the raffle!!!), squaw pass now = squaw + alpine this season, fall in the air and look what we have for next week!?

woot! woot!

http://tahoeweatherdiscussion.com/
    The stars are in your corner. Get ready for it.

I'd also recommend the edit Hoss put up at the top for additional stokage.

Schweeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss Worthington View Post
    Had to be, I've watched this 09/10 season edit about 11 billion times and recognize quite a bit of footage.

I had to have full screen.

Thanks Sean.

Ha that was fun...

Met Snowhot, FlexonPhil, Splitter and Corky. (have pics but I will have to wait until my phone is charged again)

Nice show fun peeps and a nice relaxing Thursday.

USKREEM <- This will make sense to some...

okbye
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

I posted this in the hook up forum, but figured it would get seen more if I posted it over here as well.

Myself and 1 (or possibly 2) of my friends are looking for a ski lease in the general area of squaw/alpine. We are laid back, late 20's, and all live in SF. If anyone has a ski lease that has some openings let me know!

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php/228283-Looking-for-a-North-Lake-Ski-Lease

I think Sinecure's lease is all full already, but you might contact him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dad View Post
    That was you? I congratulated you without realizing who you were.
    ha, damn, need to put some faces to the internet alias's here on the board! cant believe i won: i have been attending the annual WM/TGR/MSP shows for 20 yrs, and have never won anything (not even a t-shirt!). so i usually don't bother filling out all the stuff @ the booths these days....i was @ the bar and ran into a girl i know from High Five's and bought a few raffle tix from her for the donation to H5's (great cause)....was on my way out the door as they started reading off the winning tix, and decided to sit down and finish my beer and watch the lucky winners...last drawing was for the bent chetlers, and boom! couldn't believe i actually won!

I'm glad to see this thread back. Btw I'm finally making the full leap into the BC this year. Avy class slated for December. So I'll probably be trolling around here for some guys that would be willing to take a newb out. I'm stoked to learn and old enough to buy you guys beer!

As always I'll be at kirkwood every weekend and a few random week days throughout the season. I hope we can get drunk again in the parking lot for the TGR premier.

I suck at remembering people generally, but especially when I've only seen them in ski gear. All my fault. No worries, though -- we'll make turns this season.

Sinecure's lease is full on weekends. Still looking for another weekday member.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Quote Originally Posted by SkiNebraski View Post
    I hope we can get drunk again in the parking lot for the TGR premier.
    Oh yes. This will happen. Believe that. Just be careful because we might start harshing people's mellows if things get too out of control.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell