Page 47 of 181 FirstFirst ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 4523
    Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    May even have a 161 MojoRX splitboard with skins for sale.
    If it snows i'll lease it from you for the season.

Yup, no 11-12 season for me. Hopefully this spurs a big set of dumps for everyone ... just sad I won't be able to be out there participating, and even documenting any of it with some of you folks for a very long time. Still waiting until January for a second opinion, but given the MRI results I think the doc's advice was pretty solid. Time for the knife.
    Shitty to hear man. I was looking forward to a few tours with you this year. Well, Get it done, so you can get back to it!

Quote Originally Posted by The Dad View Post
    Thanks. Ended up going with bodywhomper's suggestion of Burton Creek, and was quite pleased. Brian Bukton, the vet there, is also a Davis alum, and was great at giving me the information I needed, and underpromised and overdelivered. One of our other dogs has an appointment on Friday for a persistent issue, and hopefully, that experience will be equally positive.
    glad that worked out. good luck with other pooch, too. buckton's a solid guy. i'm pretty sure he had a tenure at TDVH, too. he's also in a fun band, horsemouth.

cheers

as it turns out, skiing is still fun. who knew
    ottime in 2 man chute (or one man chute, never really sure)

random airbag photos

random nacho photos

Last edited by powdork; 12-22-2011 at 11:01 AM.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

bummershit Alex.

When you posted what happened, knowing my experience, I didn't think the prognosis was good.

I still haven't gotten mine done, and I've dislocated well over 300 times now. I can teach you how to pull her back in. Having said that, I did pop it out of the socket lighting a candle the other night.

Anyone interested in buying some brand spanking new (never skied) 180 Praxis BC's mounted with brand spanking new Dynafit Speed Radicals for 300-320 bsl (307 on the line)? I also have some Ascension mixed mohair/nylon skins on order for that rig that haven't come in yet. May even have a 161 MojoRX splitboard with skins for sale. In fact, I'm probably planning on selling most, if not all of my avy gear to buy camera gear. Gear swap thread once I've figured everything out.

Yup, no 11-12 season for me. Hopefully this spurs a big set of dumps for everyone ... just sad I won't be able to be out there participating, and even documenting any of it with some of you folks for a very long time. Still waiting until January for a second opinion, but given the MRI results I think the doc's advice was pretty solid. Time for the knife.

^^^^the thing is, would you do it knowing it would sideline you for a year.
    my doc broke it down like this
    with surgery
    surgery may not work (or can't guarantee back to 100%)
    out for a year
    you have to have, and pay for, surgery

without surgery
    shoulder may heal by itself
    more likely you'll have to deal with occasional pain
    prolly won't be able to climb effectively

for me it was easy since i wasn't a climber. i couldn't play basketball, but that wasn't a big part of my life. other than that it hasn't stopped me from doing anything. and now that i'm older things have tightened back up and it doesn't come out any more, though i still do have occasional pain.
    i guess what i'm saying is, don't sell your stuff till you get more opinions.

^ I'll start a gimp central thread later, thanks

I got hell of drunk last night

But I also got a lot of good points from my PT, friends and other folks on this board. All conflicting of course, since the specifics of my case aren't known to everyone and everyone has a different background.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

do you see this sacrifice ULLR?!?! Schralph's taking the whole season off just so we can all have some snow!!!! That's gotta be worth more than just burning a pair of skis!!!!! make it snow already.... no really please..... my legs hurt from all this snowdancing.....

+++ healing vibes to you schralph.
    “83.2% of people make up their own statistics.”—Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    glad that worked out. good luck with other pooch, too. buckton's a solid guy. i'm pretty sure he had a tenure at TDVH, too. he's also in a fun band, horsemouth.

cheers
    Hey bodywhomper, curious if i know you. I'm the bass in Horsemouth.

i guess what i'm saying is, don't sell your stuff till you get more opinions.
    and i get more money.

Schralp- I had both shoulders worked on years back. It worked great, but I can't play competitive basketball/vollyball/baseball/softball. I lived with it for more than a year and just learned how to put my shoulders back in.

Anyone interested in buying some brand spanking new (never skied) 180 Praxis BC's mounted with brand spanking new Dynafit Speed Radicals for 300-320 bsl (307 on the line).
    You forgot to mention that those rad bindings are expertly mounted with inserts

Powdork, are you on ON3P sticks. If so, what model you on typically for KW sking. I picked up the 191 BGs and plan on being at the wood as much as my schedule allows.....when we get snow.

peace

Huge Bummer Schralph, maybe just duck tape it though the winter and have it taken car of in the spring

In other news...

KYBURZ, Calif. (AP) — An unusual winter wildfire pushed by strong winds is threatening cabins in a Sierra Nevada community that typically is covered with snow this time of year.

State fire spokesman Daniel Berlant says the fire started early Thursday in Kyburz, a community of less than 200 along Highway 50.

Residents are being warned they might have to flee from the heavily forested town, which is about 75 miles east of Sacramento and 30 miles southwest of Lake Tahoe.

Kyburz, at 4,000 feet elevation, is dry because of a lack of snow throughout the northern Sierra.

Bill Rasch, meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Sacramento, says an overnight high-wind advisory was in effect until noon in the Kyburz region, with sustained winds of 25-35 mph and gusts up to 50 mph.

Still waiting until January for a second opinion, but given the MRI results I think the doc's advice was pretty solid. Time for the knife.

If you have decent insurance get the surgery. Rotator cuff surgery has improved a lot and is less invasive than ever. The only reason not to get the surgery is if there is a chance it can be worse afterward and the odds of that are slim. I had shoulder surgery last year (bone spurs and torn labrum). It was better the minute I woke up and now my bad shoulder is tighter and stronger than my non-surgical one. Use the down time and pre rehab to strengthen your other shoulder. Also, you could just put off surgery until April and enjoy most of the season; that's what I did.

Quote Originally Posted by wboarder View Post
    Powdork, are you on ON3P sticks. If so, what model you on typically for KW sking. I picked up the 191 BGs and plan on being at the wood as much as my schedule allows.....when we get snow.

peace
    on3p? pffft.

get yourself some bros and you don't have to wait for the snow.

wboarder, you need more lurking stalking time on the forums JONG! Powdork has been on BROs exclusively since he dumped his Goats 3 seasons ago.

You're looking at Ottime on 186 Wrens with Dukes, and he skis those things pretty much every day at the Wood or in the BC, even if it means lugging them to the top of Dana Plateau or Sonora Pass. He can tell you about the few days he'll have his Praxis Powders instead of the Wrens. I don't know which KW regulars ski BGs - they're all Moment sluts

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by powdork
    may go investigate 1 man in the morning before hitting the ribbons and hopefully the airbag tomorrow if the winds are on our side.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Git sum.

And turn on the video camera.

The first zone was pretty entertaining.

I'm going bike riding.

Quote Originally Posted by guermo View Post
    Hey bodywhomper, curious if i know you. I'm the bass in Horsemouth.
    that's cool. i only know horsemouth via stuff on fb and brian. if ya'll come and play in western nv county, then i'll know ya - reggae/ska/rocksteady goes over well out here, especially in the autumn. i don't venture over the pass very often w/o my brood in toe. brian and i are friends via undergrad (bodywhomping) daze.

cheers

wboarder, you need more lurking stalking time on the forums JONG! Powdork has been on BROs exclusively since he dumped his Goats 3 seasons ago.

You're looking at Ottime on 186 Wrens with Dukes, and he skis those things pretty much every day at the Wood or in the BC, even if it means lugging them to the top of Dana Plateau or Sonora Pass. He can tell you about the few days he'll have his Praxis Powders instead of the Wrens. I don't know which KW regulars ski BGs - they're all Moment sluts
    Yah I agree I am a Jong, Oh have been out there this season, I had to make sure I could get back on the horse after breaking my tibia in half last Feb....damn I missed a great season

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    The first zone was pretty entertaining.
    I'm thinking he might have had to make an appointment with his dentist after that

anyone want to road trip up to washington sunday or monday? Looking like they are getting a few waves of good energy starting tomorrow through new years... I have to be back newyears eve to catch a flight to the alps but other than that im open to whatev... Ive got several spots to stay in seattle area, thinking crystal, alpental, stevens possibly up to baker as well... PM me if interested

Another day of epicness yesterday. 3 runs on Roundhouse, 1 on Hotwheels, 3 beers @ Chammy and 1 @ the Slot. I was aware of the symmetry thing someone pointed out last time.

I'm convinced that it may lead to the storm door opening soon.

Headed up tonight to sample the WROD at Alpine for the next few days. Hearing they may get Alpine Bowl open by the Eve which would be a nice addition.

I have also decided to head to Michigan to see the fam, Tuesday morning, hopefully this sacrifice will please Ullr.