Page 33 of 181 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SailCat View Post
    According to my info the parade is Saturday, so most downtown parking will be blocked off; probably best to approach from the Graceda park area.
    I'll be there Friday night.
    Verified true. Parade is Saturday.
    Good. We will be at the early show Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    SailCat

Thanks. I don't know my way around Modesto at all. Any good eats? Beerz? Anything we should do besides Trader Joe's mission?
    you might try one of these for barrio Mexican food - 1/2 of a carnitas burrito is a meal for me. http://www.taqueriassanjose.com/
    They have bottled beer. The Christmas parade will probably be going by the front of the theatre when you get out.

Northstar has been pretty rad all week. Zero humans, perfect corduroy, ideal for teaching kids, and fun carve madness on the race stock skis.

Here's my first attempt using the iPhone app to attach a photo....the Mrs this morning up top off of Comstock.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1322801391.411802.jpg 
Views:	417 
Size:	141.1 KB 
ID:	105147
    Last edited by skier666; 12-04-2011 at 09:45 AM.

That proves heavenly sucks, cuz this is their comstock. (Remarkably similar except for snow).
    How do I add an image?

Sent from my MB860 using TGR Forums
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    since we have no snow i headed to the bellagio today
    What the heck is this?
    "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will..."

Testing out my new mobile app. These pics are from donner peak road last tuesday. I was able to find a gully that had blown in to 2+ feet and scored my first official pow turns of the year!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1322806455.795053.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	105153   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1322806560.346249.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	105154  
    "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will..."

Quote Originally Posted by skier666
    ;3455028the Mrs this morning up top off of Comstock.
    Woot! Good to see Mrs666 on skis ... who does monkeyascot like skiing with better? (and please tell me he hasn't outgrown that thing this season - it's pretty much the most adorable kid skiing accessory ever)

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Think I'm gonna go try the WROD at Sugar Bowl this weekend. Hope there's room to weave between the gapers. Not that I'm gonna be much better than them, I've been down for a few years, and gonna be on rental skis until I figure out what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by kona12 View Post
    What the heck is this?
    The snowmaking lake at East Peak Lodge. Heavenly

Even without much snow, next weekend (12/8,9,10) should be pretty fun around Tahoe.

On Thursday the 8th, Andrew McLean has a slideshow at the Sawtooth Ridge Cafe in Tahoe City:

Name:	alpenglow_film11.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	649.0 KB 
ID:	105174

On Friday the 9th, Deep Fryed Mojo is playing at the Divided Sky in Meyers for the S Tahoe SAC fundraiser:

Name:	6443220509_36b25106e3_b.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	230.4 KB 
ID:	105193

And on Saturday the 10th, Todd O is hosting the Tahoe Adventure Film Festival in S Tahoe, and there's another Sierra Avalanche Center fundraiser at the Bar of America in Truckee on the same night. Sounds like Deep Fryed Mojo (correct spelling) is also playing that night.
    Last edited by travis; 12-02-2011 at 01:38 PM.

I ran into 666 on either Tues or Wed whilst he and the Miss666is were teaching their rugger the finer points of riding the chair lift and the magic carpet.

I can also back him up on the conditions at Gnarthstar: empty runs and sweet cord. Though the past couple of days it's been windejo as a mofo.

Yesterday I banged out a couple of pre-work laps off of Vista and Comstock and I was the only soul up there. Even the morning madmen (and women) who were lined up for first chair at 8:30 were gone inside by 8:45. The condis are such that whilst firm you can still rail on non-race skis (I'm putting some somewhat dull edged Bushwackers through the paces and they're working muy bueno). Good times to work on the basics and get the mind linked to the fall line.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Is the Leap dry? Thanks.

UCL - PM Dark Star but I'm pretty sure there are dry routes even if you could use gaiters on the approach! I remember seeing some photos he put up in November of hiking up to Corrugation in the snow and then climbing it.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

went to kirkwood today. went up buckboard with the pup. very nice snow. they rolled it prior to the winds which was smart and the texture left behind was fun and easy hiking. then hit the groomer which was also fun.
    their snowmaking is currently non operational though as there seem to be problems with the intake at Caples Lake.

Anyone headed to backcountry film fest tonight at UNR? Text to meet up 5103933oh72
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Caples Dam

Kirkwood Issues (Guessing maybe it got flipped in the rough waters and iced up??)

oops, one more. still some snow, some brown out at carson pass, home of the new 'cross'
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a-kw 013.jpg 
Views:	653 
Size:	279.5 KB 
ID:	105218   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a-kw 019.jpg 
Views:	663 
Size:	238.3 KB 
ID:	105219   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a-kw 028.jpg 
Views:	1030 
Size:	385.3 KB 
ID:	105220   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a-kw 034.jpg 
Views:	644 
Size:	252.9 KB 
ID:	105222  
    Last edited by powdork; 12-02-2011 at 08:39 PM.

Thanks POW...never thought about where the water comes from for snowmaking at The Wood.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Kirkwood Issues (Guessing maybe it got flipped in the rough waters and iced up??)
    Perhaps if those guys weren't peeing in the lake and gumming up the intake...

dude they're melting the ice. this is hi-tec stuff.

And making snow yellow far more efficiently, to boot.
    not counting days 2016-17

Stopping in to say hi.

I suggest NOAA Point Forecast: 7 Miles NW Tahoe City CA 39.23°N 120.26°W (Elev. 8266 ft) website should have sidebar links to Tylenol for headaches, Midol for cramps, and Prozac for depression for as long as this drought continues.
    Last edited by Jim S; 12-04-2011 at 01:58 PM.
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Northstar gondy is down. Slipped a disk, apparently.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    Northstar gondy is down. Slipped a disk, apparently.
    I was in the gondy line for about 10 minutes until they fixed it. Rode it a few more times after that to get out of the cold and warm up after some full top to bottom vertical runs.
    Snow was pretty good all morning. It started to get scraped off by mid-afternoon.

Boo
    Yaa!

I was cruising immaculate on the Magic Carpet and rippin' laps off Big Easy whilst y'all suckas were stuck in the Gondi!

But I concur with Vets snow report: early morning was clutch, but it started to get scraped off with powdered sugar build-up on the left and right margins and the center divides of most runs by mid-afternoon. Crowds didn't seem as bad, though, which might have been due to the opening of Zephyr.

WROD at Sugar actually wasn't too bad. Snow was decent while it was still groomed in the morning, and it was basically empty. Just one run open, and just a blue, but good enough for breaking in new boots. All the race program kids showed up after lunch and chopped the whole thing up, though.