Page 124 of 181 FirstFirst ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 4523
    Yes GCP did it open? Cause besides the Palisades, I think everything else opened sans Silvy. Anyone know if/when silvy will open?
    The commander of time

Yea the Peak. Anyone know? Does anyone know if they will spin silvy this year?
    The commander of time

GCP did not open today. Looked like a pretty large slide made its way down into the flats. Actually, it seemed as though anything steep slid. Hope no one goes out in the BC yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Marhankins View Post
    Actually, it seemed as though anything steep slid. Hope no one goes out in the BC yet.
    Too late.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Nuthon, glad you didn't ass-fixHE8. Stoked you were going for it. Definitely a day to huck yourself.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    All the snow that was on estelle this morning is sitting on the lake. There's one little hangfire section right at the tip of the cathedral. Probably good for a turn.
    And no, nothing behind idiots opened.
    cool thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    Too late.
    Yeah, I figured.

The Moment guys said they are going to be at Rose on Sunday. They did bring a huge stack of skis. Thanks.

Why didn't I take a day off this week... No legs or energy left.

Snowing lightly @ 7,800.

Let it Snow!

careful out there in the b/c saw a lot of natural slides today. All had rocky trigger points.

The trees ski safe as normal, and it was deep!

miracle march!
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Do you have one of those gay ass stickers on your car? If so, I'll bet money youre an uptight passive aggressive fucktard that hates anyone different than them, yet loves to pay lip service to 'tolerance'.

People with coexist stickers are ALMOST as bad as tele skiers, although there is some overlap.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    regarding sat vs sunday at the wood. i think sunday is a no brainer. saturday will likely be very good but sunday should be even better. if everything inbounds is hammered then head out. temps are supposed to stay cold til at least tuesday so no worries there.
    Good call, KW sucked today. Too much powder and they couldn't groom hardly any. Hopefully Vail fixes that next year. Sneaked over to the far side of the wall just as it popped - that wasn't groomed either

In other news, I had a sluff follow me down pretty mellow terrain in sentinel bowl. Grew to about 15 feet wide, 6 inches deep.

Heavenly didn't suck today. KW tomorrow and Monday. Yèeeeeaaaaaar! /dean

Sent from my Droid using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelinskier View Post
    careful out there in the b/c saw a lot of natural slides today. All had rocky trigger points.
    Grouse Saddle slid with what appeared, looking from Sherwood lift at Alpine, to be at least a 10 foot crown.
    not counting days 2016-17

Quote Originally Posted by BGnight View Post
    Estelle opened? If so do you know about when? It said closed still on the website around 2pm
    I saw tracks on Pond Slope and the Butress so I figured everything out there opened. I would trust kidwoo's account and the website status.

I think some people traversed out there from Low Beaver.

<cohee> GOOOOOOOOD MORNING KIRKWOOD SKIERS AND RIDERS......

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	singles line.jpg 
Views:	855 
Size:	107.6 KB 
ID:	112507  

eeeeeeeessshhhhh. that looks painful. today was good. next few days should be even better.

ran into dj out in the bc today getting after it and was stoked to ski w/ him for the 1st time since right before his accident. sooo great to see him back at it

Yes, the Low beave traverse went all of the way to the butress.

Alpine was a lot of fund today. I think everyone else thought so too:

Attack of the Ants!

Name:	P3180017.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	191.2 KB 
ID:	112532   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3180019.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	112535  
    "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will..."

We had fun too though:

Clinger

Kona12

Wheres Waldo?

X2

Name:	P3180076.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	112539   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3180087.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	103.4 KB 
ID:	112540  
    "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will..."

Quote Originally Posted by Superstar Punani View Post
    PSA to bachelors and other single men of marrying age:

1) When getting hitched, pick a wedding (and thus subsequent anniversary dates) that are in the summer months.

Daaaaaamn, snap son! Look how mature and grown up he's gotten - he said to me yesterday: "We're not going to go up this weekend. Not worth risking injury a week before the wedding, being out of ski shape and all. I've chalked it up to a lost winter."

In his defense, he's marrying a hottie hottie. Mazeltov for him, and all of you fuckers scoring faceshots this weekend.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by G View Post
    <cohee> [B][I]GOOOOOOOOD MORNING KIRKWOOD SKIERS AND RIDERS......
    hahahaha love the one kid in the foreground trying to make sense of the lineup. Yes young padawan, learn the way of the skins ...

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    eeeeeeeessshhhhh. that looks painful.
    Kirkwood lines were not bad at all on Saturday. That picture is misleading. Never more than a 5-10 minute wait.

Well, it looks like some parts of Tahoe finally got a good reset yesterday! 10' crown height in places.

Image from Sierra Avalanche Center:
    http://www.sierraavalanchecenter.org/node/2667

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Well, it looks like some parts of Tahoe finally got a good reset yesterday! 10' crown height in places.

Image from Sierra Avalanche Center:
    http://www.sierraavalanchecenter.org/node/2667
    As I said in our email, that's gotta be about the biggest that side of Silver has ever gone.

Yo Zep, about those "trees skiing safe"...

Nice photos all. My North Beach Guinness tasted good yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Anyone from the usual crew up Mon-Tues? Text/Call. Might hit Heave as payback for all the Epic asswipes who've invaded KW.

Daaaaaamn, snap son! Look how mature and grown up he's gotten - he said to me yesterday: "We're not going to go up this weekend. Not worth risking injury a week before the wedding, being out of ski shape and all. I've chalked it up to a lost winter."
    You must have me mixed up with someone else. Who's the other poor sap?

Grouse Saddle looked like it went at least that big too.

This morning was better than yesterday. Legit face shots every single run. Spent most of the morning between Reily's and Sherwood Run, in the vicinity of the Bakery, but the top runs were probably the last two, through the Shuttle Cornice. Then back to the front side via Counterweight, but cutting left under the Our Father Traverse (in light of the Catholic Church scandals, I think we should call this line Choirboy).

Wiped.