Page 145 of 181 FirstFirst ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,625 of 4523
    Kirkwood was windy and cold this morning but it had the freshies.
    Skied with ottoparts and we focused solely on Pali.
    Didn't disappoint, but started to warm up a bit around noon.
    Figured 12-18", a little deeper in the gullies.

Dodge delivered again - boot top goodness - I made the only tracks where I was out out in the world today

knee feels good

closing weekend upcoming

Flakes are falling at my humble abode.

HOORAY FOR APRIL 15TH... Here's to hoping that most of the people who would be ruining my snow have to finish taxes!

okbye
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

Quote Originally Posted by RaccoonFace View Post
    HOORAY FOR APRIL 15TH... Here's to hoping that most of the people who would be ruining my snow have to finish taxes!
    It's the 17th (Tuesday) this year.

Coop posted this on FB about the KW passes:
    "Hola mi amigos,
    I apologize for the delay, I went through the HR orientation this morning! Painless process...
    Today we launch 2012/2013 K-Wood only passes... A few changes and I am sure you will all have a load of questions...
    #1 K-Wood Only Adult = to 7Wood (no blackouts) Ages 19 - 64 @ $379 Unlimited & Unrestricted!
    #2 Then we have the Teen - Ages 13 - 18 @ $@[
    551115464490:]
    #3 There is the Network - Adult Pass - Ages 19 - 64 coming in at $329
    #4 College Pass (Long live the dream)- coming in @ $279
    #5 Senior Pass ( The Dick Reuter) Ages 65+ #279
    #6 Child Pass (The Grom) - Ages 5 - 12 179All pass info to be live online @ kirkwood.com tomorrow!
    Unfortunately we are not going to run a 5wood or 6Wood pass this season...
    We are working on Black & Premium pass logistics out now..
    I thank you all for the patience, you all are true to the K-wood core!
    I am filing through the thread from this AM and will answer all the questions! Hit m here as well!
    Still snowing, Temps 25@ the base, 12" to 14" in the past 24hrs, snow in the forecast & the best conditions in Tahoe are right here in the (209)! K-WOOD!
    Stay'n Stoked for a POWDAY April 13th 2012!
    Long live the Wood! & Always Stay Thirsty,
    Coop
    Official Stoke level 13!"

Last edited by Marhankins; 04-12-2012 at 05:52 PM.

To the twenty something guy sitting in the very slow funitel today--with your skis occupying another seat and with little kids trying to stand with nothing to hold on to--one of them having a pretty hard time of it .... I can't think of anything to say but I hope you're reading.

On a completely unrelated matter, I was looking at a trail map at Squaw today and there was a section warning people that if they go out of bounds they can die etc, and that the boundary might be closed at time for safety "in conjunction with the USFS, but nothing about going out of bounds being forbidden. I know the backside of KT is still closed as it's private land--are there other boundaries that are open now? Is this a change in policy?

Looking for a Ride to the Mammoth Mini (next week) from the Bay Area?

Hey,
    Cinders & me are trying to get a ride down to Mammoth on or around next Thursday 19th, and one coming back on Sunday 22nd, or the Monday.
    We'd get the gas, and snax, and might have a place for you to stay in Mammoth too.
    If you can help, please PM me, or email Turxey at Hotmail dot com.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Kirkwood was windy and cold this morning
    It was fantastic Dust-on-Crust yesterday.
    Much better in the afternoon. Pretty much empty.
    We meant to go exploring (everything open), but ended up just riding 6.
    Chamoix & Ski School stayed lovely all day.
    I managed to hit a couple of cool "rock star" (for me) lines on skiers left of SS entrance.
    Ha! Then on my last run (unplanned), over in the rocks/chutes downhill of the sign that says Cliff Chute (The Fingers?) I found myself having to air over a small icefall, next to rocks, after sideslipping down ice hidden under the pow.
    My heart was thumping!
    Nice landing into the accumulated pow I'd sloughed down into there though.
    It was that kind of "best of this season" day

Squaw tomorrow. Then Sugarbowl on Sat & ...(wait for it)... NoStars on Sunday (for Final Day). Staying over in Donner, somewhere.
    At least zat is zee plan.
    Last edited by TurxSki; 04-12-2012 at 07:05 PM.

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Alpine was good today... first day skiing off the groom since I blew out the ankle
    Scoured on the ridges but boot deep or better once you're in... low beaver was great all day cuz the whiteout kept most away, scott skied the best overall though!

Ill be at Kwood next couple days with HiGrade1 if anyone wants to link up

Cool

Reggae Party at the Biltmore sunday night sponsored by Northstar... closing day fun!
    Ill be djing along with the Reggae Ambassadors and DJ ParGnar
    No Cover Music from 10-2

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    To the twenty something guy sitting in the very slow funitel today--with your skis occupying another seat and with little kids trying to stand with nothing to hold on to--one of them having a pretty hard time of it .... I can't think of anything to say but I hope you're reading.
    Ask him to please move his skis or do it for him. Some of the rudeness on the funitel is mind numbing.

Funitel has been pretty mellow compared to last year... anyone else there the first day it opened and the sheriff had to be called due to a fistfight over first funi... Hilarious!

Have no issues moving peoples gear for women or children, no matter who's gear it is!

Why not just tell the guy being clueless? I've done this (politely) a few times on the funi (and elsewhere) and more often than not the person was just out of it / oblivious and happy to move once someone mentioned it.

Quote Originally Posted by tahoearmada View Post
    Ill be at Kwood next couple days with HiGrade1 if anyone wants to link up
    I might be over there this weekend. Still on the fence about doing the Sisters comp. Either way it should be a fun time with the new snow. I'll let you know if I head that way.

serious thundarrrr and lighting here in SF, my high-rise is rattling. yowsers. Raining HARD. Dunno how that's going to translate to anything that moves on to the mountains, but it's for sure storming!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

I think this is the coldest driest snow of the season... 4 inches since 7 here on the west shore

not sticking to anything... I think we will see some large slides in the next 48 hours

kirkweed tommorrow too

Standing still on 80, 40 miles to Truckee. 36 degrees at 3400ft and on and off pissing rain. Where is Scotty when you need him.

you need Dylithium crystals

DJSapp is online now (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    [spam]

For anyone headed to KW in the very near future, I have a leftover Costco voucher that the Mrs. isn't going to use (Telenater claimed it, then crashed my car trying to go up during the last storm and didn't use it). $45 obo, pickup in davis/sacto, meet in the lot 4/14, or mail

[/spam]
    Fat fuck bubbas are not erosion.

Has this been here yet?

okbye
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

kT was good today. Empty. 10 om here in TD and it's DUMPING. Tomorrow should be bueno.

kirkwood was fairly awesome today considering nothing east of the wall opened. tomorrow should be off the hook (there and everywhere)
    a little pre lift fun with the dog on dangberg

coop, as far as i can tell the child pass and the teen pass are both $179? is that intentional. i have one of each for next year
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kirkwood-016.jpg 
Views:	513 
Size:	225.8 KB 
ID:	114290  
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Now I am sad I told the wife we should not postpone the trip south. I want to ski.

Guess I'll poke around San Jacinto Sunday morning. Although, from what I can tell, the current base is about 3 inches, but 2 feet are forecast for today.

Have fun up in the hills folks.

Squaw yesterday was really really fun! Pretty much no one around and the snow was money in most places. Didnt see anything too rowdy, but i betcha today GOES OFF!

Made this video whilst a lil intoxicated last night. . . .

Stupid deep at sugar bowl, tomorrow should be fun. Get some people!

Twisted Sisters is happening tomorrow at Kirkwood. We are taking over the lower cirque. With all of the snow it's turned into a powder/slope-style comp. Should be a good time, and epic conditions for this sort of thing.

http://www.4frnt.com/node/347

Proceeds are going to High Fives and the family of Randolph Green.

/spam
    Rider driven since '02.