Page 45 of 181 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 4523
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiNebraski View Post
    I learned a back flip on the air bag at Kirkwood. I'm pretty stoked on the season so far.

My last jump I attempted a switch front flip only to have both of the skis fly off and land on my neck.

Thing is fun as shit and gets me stoked. Here is a video if anyone wants to go through the trouble of imbedding it.

NICE...beats the hell out of the trampoline

Was just looking back at the Tahoe thread from last year, this year you can hit firebreak on your mountain bike

12/20/2010

RIP Warren Hellman, see the Sugar Bowl web site--majority owner and member of the board of directors of Sugar Bowl. A great man to those of us in Northern California who love bluegrass and alternative country.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/20/bu...l-founder.html

Aw I wish I hadn't missed the airbag thingy although I don't know if I would have sacked up for it.

I will be taking my truck in for it's annual washing. I sure hope it snows soon.
    True happiness comes from within, the whiteroom.

Quote Originally Posted by liketoride View Post
    Aw I wish I hadn't missed the airbag thingy although I don't know if I would have sacked up for it.

I will be taking my truck in for it's annual washing. I sure hope it snows soon.
    They have it until the 31st. A tall boy of Coors heavy was my coach for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiNebraski View Post
    A tall boy of Coors heavy was my coach for the day.
    Whenever I drink Coors Diesel instead of Mickey's I always giggle at the thought of US Presidents giving that stuff away as some kind of unique gift.

Went to Alpline yesterday. Much better than Squaw @ the moment (I know, it's like saying Ratt is better than Winger).

4 laps off Roundhouse, 1 off Howwheels, 2 beers @ River Ranch, 1 beer @ Chammy, and 1 beer @ Cottonwood. Epic day.

Quote Originally Posted by freshies View Post
    Went to Alpline yesterday. Much better than Squaw @ the moment (I know, it's like saying Ratt is better than Winger).

4 laps off Roundhouse, 1 off Howwheels, 2 beers @ River Ranch, 1 beer @ Chammy, and 1 beer @ Cottonwood. Epic day.
    Should have had 1 more at the Chammy so the Beer to Run ratio would be 1:1...

Airbag Video

The airbag was a good time.

2 beers @ River Ranch, 1 beer @ Chammy, and 1 beer @ Cottonwood. Epic day.
    CHP been known to sit at the Squaw exit looking for epicness. Holiday enforcement. Be careful.

just booked a flight to zurich on newyears day... you all are welcome... now it will snow in Tahoe! But its cool.. ill be ripping up 4000 meters of pow somewhere in the alps!

Thanks. Clearly something of this level was needed, as the car wash method has proven to be a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by powfiend View Post
    just booked a flight to zurich on newyears day... you all are welcome... now it will snow in Tahoe! But its cool.. ill be ripping up 4000 meters of pow somewhere in the alps!

Where is OHC? Usually he leaves town about this time of year and like clock work it dumps.

Where is OHC? Usually he leaves town about this time of year and like clock work it dumps.
    yeah, unfortunately i am "stuck" here in Tahoe. my folks decided to come *here* for Christmas instead of us going to Maui. it also doesn't help that i now have a couple of race kids who need to stick around and train....

on a more somber note, positive vibes to the SugarBowl Ski Team family whose son fell off the Lincoln chair on Sunday morning. just got word that he has moved on....
    as a coach for SBST (not his team), this has been a very, very sad event. as a parent, it definitely makes you want hug your own kids just a little tighter...

meant to be flying into reno early jan for a couple of months... might pack 4/3 and surfboards and head to santa cruz instead to make sure it snows.

Quote Originally Posted by onehotchili View Post
    on a more somber note, positive vibes to the SugarBowl Ski Team family whose son fell off the Lincoln chair on Sunday morning. just got word that he has moved on....
    as a coach for SBST (not his team), this has been a very, very sad event. as a parent, it definitely makes you want hug your own kids just a little tighter...
    that sucks. thanks for posting/info

yeah, unfortunately i am "stuck" here in Tahoe. my folks decided to come *here* for Christmas instead of us going to Maui.
    GET

OUT!!!!!!!!

Wife just informed me that she's meeting friends tomorrow to SKIN UP Heavenly's WROD. Wow, that's desperation. I haven't even scraped the storage wax from my sticks yet.

In other news, the dirtbiking is still excellent here in NV.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Ah ha I'm doing that at a n lake resort tomorrow. Its the ultimate expression of low self esteem and lameness.

I've also heard elsewhere that snowglobe is going to be a spectacular disaster. Where exactly are they putting the stage for this?

I love that they've got thousands of people paying $150, and yet are still begging for volunteers to work the show.

Except that Ratt is better than Winger...
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

http://www.blizzardsportusa.com/

Does anyone know if skinning still in play at Alpine now that it is open? Or do they frown on that kinder thing?

Vets is online now Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Yo - if you buy a Tahoe license plate for either CA or NV up until April 15, you can get two free tickets to the resort of your choice. The plates are $50-$60, so it's still a deal.

http://www.tahoefund.org/tahoeplates...te-for-powder/
    I just pulled the trigger on this deal. I'll be skiing Squaw a couple of days this season. I think I'll wait until they get more snow though.

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Except that Ratt is better than Winger...
    That may be the case but the overall point was that they both suck

like saying Ratt is better than Winger
    This is now Webster's illustration of the saying, "damning with faint praise." Well played.

positive vibes to the SugarBowl Ski Team family whose son fell off the Lincoln chair on Sunday morning. just got word that he has moved on....
    I heard about this from Donna this afternoon. So sad.

Quote Originally Posted by chickenmonkey View Post
    Does anyone know if skinning still in play at Alpine now that it is open? Or do they frown on that kinder thing?
    Don't know whether there's any official stance, but I saw a guy skinning up Blue this afternoon while riding Roundhouse.
    not counting days 2016-17